Will Pubs And Bars Be Open 8Th-10Th April

Raesum

Restaurants and hotels can open and serve pots of tea, soft drinks and virgin cocktails.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

And most probably they sell that brown tea with foam in tea pots.....but it would be illegal....

Restaurants and hotels can open and serve pots of tea, soft drinks and virgin cocktails.

And most probably they sell that brown tea with foam in tea pots.....but it would be illegal....

And with the lack of attention to detail, I would not be surprised if they messed up those virgin cocktails with alcohol also expect vodka to fall into your orange or whisky in your coke against all health and safety regs!

Have just talked to our booze distributor up here in Phitsanulok, and they have told me that bars will be closed (here anyway) from Sunday to Tuesday, opening again on Wednesday.

The reason I mention the distributor, is that I get more sense out of her than I would asking either the police or city hall. Neither can give an clear answer for days my wife isn't allowed to open!

What about today? The 6th? Can i get a beer today?

I too wonder about today, being a Buddha holiday, I have , in the past, been refused alcohol in resaurants on such holidays. However, one can usualy find an alternative venue nearby with no restrictions. TIT!

And with the lack of attention to detail, I would not be surprised if they messed up those virgin cocktails with alcohol also expect vodka to fall into your orange or whisky in your coke against all health and safety regs!

honest mistakes happen sometimes.

Kind customer don't complain and order a second drink in the hope that this time it is according to the regulations.

No Thai person in Bangkok I have spoken to knows anything about this supposed ban on alcohol.

it's been mentioned at quite a few places and the bars received the official notice today - no alcohol to be served Sunday, Monday and Tuesday due to the funeral.

The local police have sent letters to the bar owners in East Pattaya instructing them to close for 3 days.

I have no idea if this will also apply to Pattaya City, or if there is any way around the problem....

We shall see..

Advised by someone that spoke to a NEP barkeep that they will definitely be closed/no booze on 8th but open/low-key imbibement planned on 9th and 10th. However, the underdressed and overpaid ladies that work in said establishment have been told no time-off allowed for Songkran due to the 'loss of earnings' the previous week.

“The people likely to cause a stir on election day can’t think three hours ahead, much less plan for a weekend,†she said. “You might as well ask your dog to feed himself while you’re on vacation.â€

Brilliant