Thailand Really Likes Old Western Guys

kerryk

Is kerry up to his off topic flaming again? 4th bottle of warm leo must be kicking in...

And to answer kerry's off topic flame, yes I would imagine so. That was my initial budget before the powers that be cut my housing allowance, and if I remember correctly it did raise a few vile comments from the have nots. Are you recounting this from memory, or have you been sniffing around posts I made two years ago?

Kananga said, "Most of the male bitterness I am referring to comes from a lack of money. You wont believe the grief I got from one individual on here when I said I was looking for a property in Bangkok around 70k a month. He was venomous and quite mad. Telling me how dare I show my face in public when a thai roadsweeper makes the same amount in a year. He also thinks that anyone in a management position is evil. He is quite mad. He also has to get by on 7k a month. Coincidence?"

That statement might be on topic in an offensive kind of way and shows how a narrow minded person might draw a general conclusions from one isolated encounter with a nameless person on the internet.

It does seem rather odd to me but I did want to point out that Kananga's posting style (see the following), and called one of the posters, “ an angry little man”, and said, “Go and bug someone else with your pointless bitter bullshit.” is rather caustic and perhaps the reason he gets such negative responses.

Glad to see that you and Max are acting as a team though. Male bonding is a good thing for young guys. Gets you over those rough spots when you are banging your head against the wall in frustration that old guys really do control your world. Especially old guys in Thailand who don’t have your education, birth advantage and so on.

I know you expected to come here and wave some flash cash around and have everyone respect you. Didn’t work did it. Too bad old guys get respect purely by age must really bother you. I guess that should be obvious by reading your posts.

Haha. You wrote it shows how a narrow minded person might draw a general conclusions from one isolated encounter with a nameless person on the internet.

Thats exactly what you have just done! cheesy.gif

I'll give you 1/10 for trying to make your swipe 'on topic' though. But -1 for it backfiring in your face like that.

Contrary to what you may think, I believe respect comes from being earned , not by how much money you flash around or how near the grave you are. And that applies to people Thai and foreign both young and old.

I'm still trying to figure out how poor old randy westerners in Thailand are ruling my world like you said. Perhaps you could brighten my day by shedding some light on this claim?

Contrary to what you think about young people demanding respect in Thailand and not getting it like old people, I think that old people don't deserve 'automatic' respect purely because they are not dead, that's too much of a free pass. If you have earned respect you will get it anywhere in the world at any age, but old failed losers like thailand because its the easy route and they dont like it when young foreigners dont automatically kowtow to them just because they're still breathing in the morning.

I'll be old one day too and I certainly wont be expecting any respect from people if they knew I was arguing with anonymous strangers half my age on the internet every day.

Edited by Kananga

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm not sure why this has turned into the old vs the young lol.

Fact is in Thailand you can be rich,poor,young,old, and there're still women as far as the eye can see and enough "beverages",great food, activities, outings to fit a cheap charlie to rockstar budget.

All of us can have good time here and no point comparing. Only thing that matter's is if the person is happy with life and if not, then do something about it.

Personally, I'm in the middle now and having a great time. Thai's still treat me with respect everyday, especially when they find out I can speak the language a little.

Now I'm off for breakfast and see if today I run into one of these lovely ladies.

biggrin.png

Is kerry up to his off topic flaming again? 4th bottle of warm leo must be kicking in...

And to answer kerry's off topic flame, yes I would imagine so. That was my initial budget before the powers that be cut my housing allowance, and if I remember correctly it did raise a few vile comments from the have nots. Are you recounting this from memory, or have you been sniffing around posts I made two years ago?

Kananga said, "Most of the male bitterness I am referring to comes from a lack of money. You wont believe the grief I got from one individual on here when I said I was looking for a property in Bangkok around 70k a month. He was venomous and quite mad. Telling me how dare I show my face in public when a thai roadsweeper makes the same amount in a year. He also thinks that anyone in a management position is evil. He is quite mad. He also has to get by on 7k a month. Coincidence?"

That statement might be on topic in an offensive kind of way and shows how a narrow minded person might draw a general conclusions from one isolated encounter with a nameless person on the internet.

It does seem rather odd to me but I did want to point out that Kananga's posting style (see the following), and called one of the posters, “ an angry little man”, and said, “Go and bug someone else with your pointless bitter bullshit.” is rather caustic and perhaps the reason he gets such negative responses.

Glad to see that you and Max are acting as a team though. Male bonding is a good thing for young guys. Gets you over those rough spots when you are banging your head against the wall in frustration that old guys really do control your world. Especially old guys in Thailand who don’t have your education, birth advantage and so on.

I know you expected to come here and wave some flash cash around and have everyone respect you. Didn’t work did it. Too bad old guys get respect purely by age must really bother you. I guess that should be obvious by reading your posts.

Kerry I was merely suggesting we should go back to poundering eachother. Stop turning posts into sth they are not and that goes for you too Tommo.

Kerry I was merely suggesting we should go back to poundering eachother. Stop turning posts into sth they are not and that goes for you too Tommo.

When you are old and bored and can't understand why younger more successful strangers on the internet are not falling about on their knees in adoration just because you're still stealing oxygen the desperation really begins to take over.

To be honest, when I look at all the stereotypes in Thailand its the old whoremonger failed marriage broken home creator respect demanding demographic that I respect the absolute least.

When you are old and bored and can't understand why younger more successful strangers on the internet are not falling about on their knees in adoration just because you're still stealing oxygen the desperation really begins to take over.

To be honest, when I look at all the stereotypes in Thailand its the old whoremonger failed marriage broken home creator respect demanding demographic that I respect the absolute least.

To be honest, when I read posts like that I realise that the ageing generation have failed in their duty to raise their offspring - it is a pity that some such offspring didn't just remain a wet dream.

To be honest, when I read posts like that I realise that the ageing generation have failed in their duty to raise their offspring - it is a pity that some such offspring didn't just remain a wet dream.

Haha. Personally (on here at least) I see an aging population who are doing a good job of teaching younger generations of how not to behave. If I'm arguing with strangers half my age on the internet when I'm in my golden years I'd want someone to shoot me.

Why do they call them the golden years anyway? Is it due to incontinence?

• Like 1

I get the fact that max and Kananga don’t like old men who have young women. You have both said it over and over again. Whoremongers you call them. The OP was not about that. It was about old guys who don’t live in tourist areas.

Once a guy leaves a tourist area and acquires a family he is not a whormonger any longer in the Thai way of thinking. He is a husband, fair game for fleecing to be sure but so are old Thai guys of which there are plenty who are married to younger women.

I think one of you lives in Bangkok and the other Phuket. I specifically have said anyone living in BKK or Phuket would not have a clue what I am talking about and you two are a great example of that.

I think it is great that both of you can take time out and would take the time out to pander to the playfulness of an old guy who doesn’t have to work and is frankly only fooling with you. It is you or the cat? GF works 12 hours a day.

I get the fact that max and Kananga don’t like old men who have young women. You have both said it over and over again. Whoremongers you call them. The OP was not about that. It was about old guys who don’t live in tourist areas.

Once a guy leaves a tourist area and acquires a family he is not a whormonger any longer in the Thai way of thinking. He is a husband, fair game for fleecing to be sure but so are old Thai guys of which there are plenty who are married to younger women.

I think one of you lives in Bangkok and the other Phuket. I specifically have said anyone living in BKK or Phuket would not have a clue what I am talking about and you two are a great example of that.

I think it is great that both of you can take time out and would take the time out to pander to the playfulness of an old guy who doesn’t have to work and is frankly only fooling with you. It is you or the cat? GF works 12 hours a day.

If I think back 20 or so years, I don't recall holding any jealousy towards older folk - whatever they were doing. Infact, I was too busy doing what I was doing to concern myself with what they were doing.

I wonder how they will look back in 20 or so years time.

Haha. You wrote it shows how a narrow minded person might draw a general conclusions from one isolated encounter with a nameless person on the internet.

I'll give you 1/10 for trying to make your swipe 'on topic' though. But -1 for it backfiring in your face like that.

Contrary to what you may think, I believe respect comes from being earned , not by how much money you flash around or how near the grave you are. And that applies to people Thai and foreign both young and old.

I'm still trying to figure out how poor old randy westerners in Thailand are ruling my world like you said. Perhaps you could brighten my day by shedding some light on this claim?

Contrary to what you think about young people demanding respect in Thailand and not getting it like old people, I think that old people don't deserve 'automatic' respect purely because they are not dead, that's too much of a free pass. If you have earned respect you will get it anywhere in the world at any age, but old failed losers like thailand because its the easy route and they dont like it when young foreigners dont automatically kowtow to them just because they're still breathing in the morning.

I'll be old one day too and I certainly wont be expecting any respect from people if they knew I was arguing with anonymous strangers half my age on the internet every day.

Please be informed that I am not drawing any general conclusions from anything you or Max have said. Neither of you have enough time on the ground in Thailand to make any informed observations.

I don’t think you are being ruled by randy Western men. You are being ruled by older Thai men. You live in Thailand.

Old guys in Thailand get respect whether they deserve it or not. After you have been here for a while you will figure that out.

Outside of tourist areas old guys in Thailand get treated very well. Do you disagree with that statement?

• Like 1

Whoremongers can be any age kerry. However like I said, regarding old people in Thailand who don't live in tourist areas. If I was over 60 and spent the day arguing with people half my age on the internet while my 'girlfriend' was forced to work 12 hours a day I wouldn't be expecting respect from anyone. I certainly wont be in such a dire position when I eventually reach that age.

Please be informed that I am not drawing any general conclusions from anything you or Max have said. Neither of you have enough time on the ground in Thailand to make any informed observations.

I don’t think you are being ruled by randy Western men. You are being ruled by older Thai men. You live in Thailand.

Old guys in Thailand get respect whether they deserve it or not. After you have been here for a while you will figure that out.

Outside of tourist areas old guys in Thailand get treated very well. Do you disagree with that statement?

Judging on how my Dad has been treated in Thailand, totally agree.

The older he has become the more reservations I started to have, but I have to say I feel he is in a far better place than the options that are open to him... the most important criteria is that these are his thoughts as well.

Whoremongers can be any age kerry. However like I said, regarding old people in Thailand who don't live in tourist areas. If I was over 60 and spent the day arguing with people half my age on the internet while my 'girlfriend' was forced to work 12 hours a day I wouldn't be expecting respect from anyone. I certainly wont be in such a dire position when I eventually reach that age.

I would be inclined to review that statement and reconsider who the half-wit is ?

You have managed to fulfil

Family reunion excepted, I have no desire to party with younger people or older

I hope I won't change when I get old

I find it creepy

I have read a number of your posts and I hope you take that as a compliment that I would do so. I notice you have a lot of problems with Thai behavior. It is obvious why, forgive me if I am being too direct. But it really is obvious.

You consider behavior and cultural traditions that the Thais consider normal, “Creepy.”

I guess there still is a course in Thai culture for teachers and if they could re name the course it might be titled, “How not to feel that Thai behavior is creepy.”

I used to be in the Army. I thought the behavior of people in the Army was creepy. I got out as soon as I could and I felt a lot better.

LOL! Ok kerry, can you please let me know exactly how much time has to be spent in Thailand before an 'informed observation' can be made? Is this mythical milestone based merely on number of days served, or does there need to be a minimal timeline as well?

For example would someone who has spent the last 2 years in Thailand and hasnt been here before be more or less informed than someone who had spent 18 months but over a 15 year period?

I would very much like to know the details of when one can make an informed observation. Please bestow the rules upon us humble children. Is there a certificate? I like certificates.

Edited by Kananga

I would be inclined to review that statement and reconsider who the half-wit is ?

You have managed to fulfil

Someone incapable of stringing a complete sentence together is hardly in any position to refer to others as a 'half-wit'.

Edited by Kananga

I think some of you young people have quite a big problem, for one or other reason you can't respect

older people because they are just older. Probably due to previous problem with older persons.

Nevertheless you are trying hard to convince us older how happy you are and how miserable we are,

what are your motives for that? If you don't respect us, why even bother? Something very weird here!

I find it hard to argue with people that don't listen because their are to occupied with their own ideas

and repeat it over and over again mixed with arguments to miscredit the other side. No base for a discussion.

My GF is not forced to work. Why would you say that? She was working 12 hours a day 6 days a week for a multinational company when I met her. I must admit I like her working 12 hours a day. I like the time alone. I am putting together a cocktail table book on the changing patterns in South East Asia over my 40 years living here. Lots of scantily clad women with guns in the book. You are part of the story. So posting here helps me.

My GF is not forced to work. Why would you say that? She was working 12 hours a day 6 days a week for a multinational company when I met her. I must admit I like her working 12 hours a day. I like the time alone. I am putting together a cocktail table book on the changing patterns in South East Asia over my 40 years living here. Lots of scantily clad women with guns in the book. You are part of the story. So posting here helps me.

Why would you be interested in my thoughts on this statement when according to you I have not spent enough time on the ground to make an informed decision? My response would be worthless to you.

However I would still like to know your guidelines for when a person's opinion does suddenly become worthy. I'd hate to be providing opinions on a subject that according to you I have no right to discuss.

I think some of you young people have quite a big problem, for one or other reason you can't respect

older people because they are just older. Probably due to previous problem with older persons.

Nevertheless you are trying hard to convince us older how happy you are and how miserable we are,

what are your motives for that? If you don't respect us, why even bother? Something very weird here!

I find it hard to argue with people that don't listen because their are to occupied with their own ideas

and repeat it over and over again mixed with arguments to miscredit the other side. No base for a discussion.

I dont have a problem, quite the opposite. I also dont agree that old people should be respected just for the fact they are old. What a ridiculuos concept. Respect has to be earned on your actions, not merely by the fact that you are not dead. I know of old people who have spent their lives committing crimes, physically abusing family members etc. Do they deserve more respect than someone in their 30s who is a faithful man who hurts no one and cares about his family just because they are old?

Respect cannot be demanded, and the more someone demands it the less they will receive. I'm very happy that you have found some peasant utopia where people have been taught to automatically respect old people regardless of their personal history, however I can assure you I wont be raising my children to respect someone based on something they have no control over of input towards, like still being alive. My children will respect people of any age based on their actions and not some out of date tradition that places no emphasis on the individual earning that respect.

Edited by Kananga

Why would you be interested in my thoughts on this statement when according to you I have not spent enough time on the ground to make an informed decision? My response would be worthless to you.

However I would still like to know your guidelines for when a person's opinion does suddenly become worthy. I'd hate to be providing opinions on a subject that according to you I have no right to discuss.

You know that is a good question. Too good for me to tackle alone. I’ll start a new topic and make a poll. Thanks for the idea.

You know that is a good question. Too good for me to tackle alone. I’ll start a new topic and make a poll. Thanks for the idea.

So you are issuing statements you cannot explain and need assistance from others to define? Just a small hint here kerry, perhaps you would be better doing the groundwork before you make the claims. Makes you look less dithery when probed.

Speaking of which, have you had the prostate checked recently?

I dont have a problem, quite the opposite. I also dont agree that old people should be respected just for the fact they are old. What a ridiculuos concept. Respect has to be earned on your actions, not merely by the fact that you are not dead. I know of old people who have spent their lives committing crimes, physically abusing family members etc. Do they deserve more respect than someone in their 30s who is a faithful man who hurts no one and cares about his family just because they are old?

Respect cannot be demanded, and the more someone demands it the less they will receive. I'm very happy that you have found some peasant utopia where people have been taught to automatically respect old people regardless of their personal history, however I can assure you I wont be raising my children to respect someone based on something they have no control over of input towards, like still being alive. My children will respect people of any age based on their actions and not some out of date tradition that places no emphasis on the individual earning that respect.

You just confirmed my statement in my previous post

I wrote:

"I think some of you young people have quite a big problem, for one or other reason you can't respect older people because they are just older."

You replied:

"I also dont agree that old people should be respected just for the fact they are old."

Can you see the difference in statement and reply? You changed the meaning of the sense by putting in "just for the fact"

I also agree with your latest statement! This reply fits into my comment:

"I find it hard to argue with people that don't listen because their are to occupied with their own ideas and repeat it over and over again"

And your other statement in this reply:

I'm very happy that you have found some peasant utopia where people have been taught to automatically respect old people regardless of their personal history,

This statement implies that I am not worthy to be respected, said without knowing anything about me! It fits into my second comment:

"mixed with arguments to miscredit the other side."

Thank you for making your own goal!

No one thinks it odd if I dance with granny (80 years) and dek lek (5 years old) and my GF (30 years old), frankly all the females like to dance. Age never is a consideration.

Right ... of course and all this beautiful openness of mind and acceptance of a young woman dating an old man has absolutely nothing to do with your monthly income hugely superior to any Thai husband whistling.gif

It must be my "venom" speaking again giggle.gif

Edited by aneliane

Interesting to see the dark side of TV...

I agree. Who would have though that someone would stoop so low as to introduce child cancer as a tool for an argument? Its a dark desperate world some people live in.