Thailand Really Likes Old Western Guys

kerryk

what truth maxme, the older they get the tighter the rose coloured glasses became.

enjoy the young girls, make the most of it, but don't delude yourselves and believe its anything more the what it is, a bussiness transaction made at the bang ruk amphur.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i do know is some relationships are real, but most age gap relationships are as dodgy as hell, that the truth, if your in a real good one fine, great, but it cannot be denied that most are being played like a fiddle.

Do you mean the old guys are deceiving the young girls or the other way around? I think it goes both ways, but most often both are perfectly aware of what they're each getting out of the relationship.

In which case there's absolutely nothing wrong.

I've come across many an old fart in Thailand who thinks his woman is there because he's the alpha stud of the moo baan. Has a Fortuna while all the other men have Isuzu pick ups, has the biggest shiniest amulet money can buy and nearly always the first words out of the mouth when the discussion turns to the fairer sex is 'My wife's not a bar girl'. Oh, I think to myself, of course not. She's with a 65 year old man for his 'worldly' experience and conservative dress sense.

Completely deluded.

Must be depressing living in ur world but thats why most of the old geezers don't get married right? Coz then they have to taste the bitter truth.

I hate to be the one to tell you but single guys don't get taken to the cleaners. What's that old saying about leasing?

what i do know is some relationships are real, but most age gap relationships are as dodgy as hell, that the truth, if your in a real good one fine, great, but it cannot be denied that most are being played like a fiddle.

Do you mean the old guys are deceiving the young girls or the other way around? I think it goes both ways, but most often both are perfectly aware of what they're each getting out of the relationship.

I've come across many an old fart in Thailand who thinks his woman is there because he's the alpha stud of the moo baan. Has a Fortuna while all the other men have Isuzu pick ups, has the biggest shiniest amulet money can buy and nearly always the first words out of the mouth when the discussion turns to the fairer sex is 'My wife's not a bar girl'. Oh, I think to myself, of course not. She's with a 65 year old man for his 'worldly' experience and conservative dress sense.

Completely deluded.

Your one jealous guy eh. rolleyes.gif

what truth maxme, the older they get the tighter the rose coloured glasses became.

enjoy the young girls, make the most of it, but don't delude yourselves and believe its anything more the what it is, a bussiness transaction made at the bang ruk amphur.

Payak you must have missed it. I told you that I and most older men realize full well that we are paying for it. I also have had the advantage of being a young good looking man when I first got to Thailand at 22 years of age. I also had the good sense to realize I was paying for it then. So please don't accuse me of not knowing something I have said on numerous occasions that I know. If you want to find some one who is delusional and does not know he is paying for it look in the mirror.

what about old guys paying for it everynight, and worse the ones who take them to dinner and worse still buy them drinks all night.

happens to young guys to though.

face it, many thai girls are on the take, youngs must be careful, old guys extra extra careful.

seems like a no brainer what I wrote, but reading through here it seems the oldies don't get it, years of sex with young woman has fooled many.

I've come across many an old fart in Thailand who thinks his woman is there because he's the alpha stud of the moo baan. Has a Fortuna while all the other men have Isuzu pick ups, has the biggest shiniest amulet money can buy and nearly always the first words out of the mouth when the discussion turns to the fairer sex is 'My wife's not  a bar girl'. Oh, I think to myself, of course not. She's with a 65 year old man for his 'worldly' experience and conservative dress sense.

Completely deluded.

You gotta stop hanging around with Payak. Where do you live to meet people like you claim to know? Remember you are not married and you don't live in Thailand. I think that was you that said that right? Or do I have it wrong?

what about old guys paying for it everynight, and worse the ones who take them to dinner and worse still buy them drinks all night.

happens to young guys to though.

face it, many thai girls are on the take, youngs must be careful, old guys extra extra careful.

seems like a no brainer what I wrote, but reading through here it seems the oldies don't get it, years of sex with young woman has fooled many.

So, an older guy has loads of money and enjoys young willing ladies to crawl all over him and you say he is wrong. Yes/No. God, get a life man, oooooooooor some cash. laugh.png

They haven't limited my shagging options. I'm a white man with money. However they have limited the relationship options of many a Thai woman who are the product of a failed english language program.

Indeed , the Cambodians try harder - all round.

They haven't limited my shagging options. I'm a white man with money. However they have limited the relationship options of many a Thai woman who are the product of a failed english language program.

Indeed , the Cambodians try harder - all round.

We got through a bunch of pages before the age discriminators sneaked in with a vengeance. I think it was that old faithful age basher Guest House who started it again but I might be wrong.

Well at least on Thai Visa one can't discriminate against most groups. Calling an older gentle man an old fart seems to be standard TV practice lately.

Better than dirty old man I guess.

Can't say that I really mind. It is interesting to see who always participates in the age bashing and why. No one ever has a legitimate reason.

The marriage thing was the strangest so far. Why on earth would a 65 year man want to get married. I wondered the same thing a last year when Thai Visa had their April Fools joke about the marriage laws and old guys. Young or old marriage may make sense in most countries but why on earth Thailand.

I guess the reason young guys are upset that the old men always get the best looking women is universal and ageless. I know it upset me when I was here at 22 years of age. Nothing much has changed. They old guys got the prettiest girls way back then too. I hope I was a bit more gentlemanly about it and didn't call them names.

Don't worry kids, you will have your turn too. Divorce and financial problems and the family turning against you; it's all part of growing up. Thank goodness for Thailand. I hope it will be there when your turn comes.

• Like 1

Completely deluded.

You gotta stop hanging around with Payak. Where do you live to meet people like you claim to know? Remember you are not married and you don't live in Thailand. I think that was you that said that right? Or do I have it wrong?

You have it wrong. Yet again. Read my reply to that post again and this time 'think' about what I wrote.

How old and how western, Kerry? I've been around a long time and don't have any thoughts about leaving any time soon.

Colour film wasn't even invented when they took this photo of me.

Custer_Ian.jpg

Which one is you Ian ? tongue.png

The one on the right.

I fully agree with the OP, what he say is the truth out in the sticks where I chose to live and

the absence of respect for age in the west is also very true.

So what happened in the west that not happened here yet? There is a simple answer: Money!

Many of us has participated in building up the wealth in the west, we did ourselfes a disservice

and was forced to move out from the mental misery we created. Back to the roots.

And it is not our money that buy us love, the respect is much much deeper than that. Yes, you can

buy love on short term, but to buy love on long term as many of us lives here is an utopia and not possible.

We got through a bunch of pages before the age discriminators sneaked in with a vengeance. I think it was that old faithful age basher Guest House who started it again but I might be wrong.

Well at least on Thai Visa one can't discriminate against most groups. Calling an older gentle man an old fart seems to be standard TV practice lately.

Can't say that I really mind. It is interesting to see who always participates in the age bashing and why. No one ever has a legitimate reason.

The marriage thing was the strangest so far. Why on earth would a 65 year man want to get married. I wondered the same thing a last year when Thai Visa had their April Fools joke about the marriage laws and old guys. Young or old marriage may make sense in most countries but why on earth Thailand.

I guess the reason young guys are upset that the old men always get the best looking women is universal and ageless. I know it upset me when I was here at 22 years of age. Nothing much has changed. They old guys got the prettiest girls way back then too. I hope I was a bit more gentlemanly about it and didn't call them names.

Don't worry kids, you will have your turn too. Divorce and financial problems and the family turning against you; it's all part of growing up. Thank goodness for Thailand. I hope it will be there when your turn comes.

The bashing as you call depends not entirely on your age but the mentality of your generation. I for one do not hate you Kerry and that goes for many others here. Hate is a pretty strong word but I do dislike your way of thinking not because you found sth youre happy with, despite looking at it with a moral aspect in mind. It's more the consequences you neither forsee nor care about.

I'm not gonna get into immigration politics and events that might complicate legitimate matters for us who believe in delusional love as someone here put it. Because it's on a different level of understanding than you are used to.

Guys from your generation are dream walkers walking on nostalgic clouds, missing the golden days. Days that will never reoccur as time changes. For me your stuck in an age that has passed and thus do not live or care about the real world.

Despite a few names Ive been throwing out (which are not meant to be taken seriously) I do think that despite my objections towards the poo yai concept, western youth lack total respect towards the elders. That I agree on but it's on a different level when it regards the Thai elders.

Edited by maxme

I fully agree with the OP, what he say is the truth out in the sticks where I chose to live and

the absence of respect for age in the west is also very true.

So what happened in the west that not happened here yet? There is a simple answer: Money!

Many of us has participated in building up the wealth in the west, we did ourselfes a disservice

and was forced to move out from the mental misery we created. Back to the roots.

And it is not our money that buy us love, the respect is much much deeper than that. Yes, you can

buy love on short term, but to buy love on long term as many of us lives here is an utopia and not possible.

Oh don't give me that quackery. This is typical insecure westerners who cannot manage the pace they brought themselves into. Well buhu... You atleast have a chance to correct it. Many Thais who work 15 hours a day in factories with minimum wages AND have done so for decades never heard about the expression "being burned out".

We got through a bunch of pages before the age discriminators sneaked in with a vengeance.  I think it was that old faithful age basher Guest House who started it again but I might be wrong.  

Well at least on Thai Visa one can't discriminate against most groups.  Calling an older gentle man an old fart seems to be standard TV practice lately.  

Can't say that I really mind.  It is interesting to see who always participates in the age bashing and why.  No one ever has a legitimate reason.  

The marriage thing was the strangest so far.  Why on earth would a 65 year man want to get married.  I wondered the same thing a last year when Thai Visa had their April Fools joke about the marriage laws and old guys.  Young or old marriage may make sense in most countries but why on earth Thailand.  

I guess the reason young guys are upset that the old men always get the best looking women is universal and ageless.  I know it upset me when I was here at 22 years of age.  Nothing much has changed.  They old guys got the prettiest girls way back then too.  I hope I was a bit more gentlemanly about it and didn't call them names.  

Don't worry kids, you will have your turn too.  Divorce and financial problems and the family turning against you; it's all part of growing up.  Thank goodness for Thailand.  I hope it will be there when your turn comes.

The bashing as you call depends not entirely on your age but the mentality of your generation. I for one do not hate you Kerry and that goes for many others here. Hate is a pretty strong word but I do dislike your way of thinking not because you found sth youre happy with, despite looking at it with a moral aspect in mind. It's more the consequences you neither forsee nor care about.

I'm not gonna get into immigration politics and events that might complicate legitimate matters for us who believe in delusional love as someone here put it. Because it's on a different level of understanding than you are used to.

Guys from your generation are dream walkers walking on nostalgic clouds, missing the golden days. Days that will never reoccur as time changes. For me your stuck in an age that has passed and thus do not live or care about the real world.

Despite a few names Ive been throwing out (which are not meant to be taken seriously) I do think that despite my objections towards the poo yai concept, western youth lack total respect towards the elders. That I agree on but it's on a different level when it regards the Thai elders.

Who on earth are you referring to. Not me.Hate? Did I say you hated me? My generation? I never talked about it.Love? That is not a word that is rationally used when discussing adult male and female relationships. I love my kids and I love chocolate. I used to love beer but we had to get a divorce years ago. The golden days? When I was in Thailand for the first time people shot at me most days . I would hardly call that golden. I didn't have a death wish and I am not a Rambo type. So review my posts. I don't know who you are talking about. I have always been a paying member of society. At 20 and 60. I have always paid my fair share. Most of the time more.

I have never walked on nostalgic clouds as a 'dream walker' (whatever sort of bullsh!t phrase is that ?).

I consider myself to be extremely fortunate that each decade of my life has been better than the last.

I have never hankered for the past - the past a distant (but often fond) memory that is like an old photograph or multi-coloured tank-top - it was appropriate for it's time.

Whether you are 25 or 55 you should not look back with regret or forward with envy. Enjoy each phase of your life as you are able and consider the Thai principle of tam dee, dai dee along the way. This was probably also encapsulated in The Golden Rule - treat others as you wish to be treated....

This has been a great thread and I thank kerryk for penning it. I don't think it been significantly hijacked or side-tracked - indeed, I read through the first 5 pages and couldn't find anything negative there (something of a first for a Thai Visa thread).

As one who fits squarely into kerrys subject age group, I find myself grateful for discovering Thailand. Once I found one of them younger gals to share my life (and wallet) with I quickly decided my home country held little for me. For now, this place - and my relationship - is right for me.

Let's see what the next couple of decades bring wink.png

• Like 1

Who on earth are you referring to. Not me.Hate? Did I say you hated me? My generation? I never talked about it.Love? That is not a word that is rationally used when discussing adult male and female relationships. I love my kids and I love chocolate. I used to love beer but we had to get a divorce years ago. The golden days? When I was in Thailand for the first time people shot at me most days . I would hardly call that golden. I didn't have a death wish and I am not a Rambo type. So review my posts. I don't know who you are talking about. I have always been a paying member of society. At 20 and 60. I have always paid my fair share. Most of the time more.

This is what I mean Kerry, you have misinterpreted the whole post but I suspected you would. Anyhu Chuck Norris will be calling you soon, sth about the skivvers being overdimensional.

Yes, you can buy love on short term, but to buy love on long term as many of us lives here is an utopia and not possible.

No you can't ever buy real love. Many of us are quite happy with a reasonable facsimile. You can also sometime **add** real love to the transactional relationship, but that take time, energy and of course the desire to do what's best for the other. Love is a verb, and is only genuine if you keep giving without expecting to get it back.

Note I'm **not** talking about the p2p arrangement, that's totally separate and well safeguarded.

Why on earth would a 65 year man want to get married. I wondered the same thing a last year when Thai Visa had their April Fools joke about the marriage laws and old guys. Young or old marriage may make sense in most countries but why on earth Thailand.

Well if you're just talking about the village ceremony, it's just a question of cost vs value, no downside at all legally.

And even if you're talking about a legal registration, there's little downside here in Thailand as long as you're not being stupid about your assets. OK given that:

Reason 1 - because you want to bring your service provider home.

2 for other legal/financial reasons - visa, inheritance, pension transfer, insurance whatever

3 because she wants you to and you decide she's done well enough and long enough, so you're willing to give it to her as a retroactive bonus, an outright gift - **not** a deposit in the hope of future payback.

what about old guys paying for it everynight, and worse the ones who take them to dinner and worse still buy them drinks all night. happens to young guys to though.

It's you that doesn't get it. No one you're talking to here (AFAICT) is being deceived about anything - we are happy to pay, as long as we're getting good value out of the relationship.

Sure, you know some guys somewhere that are fooling themselves that their woman would stay if they were broke, when in fact she'd be off like a shot. However it's possible that a certain number of those women would stick around and try to help out to keep the family unit together. Maybe 5%, maybe 30%, maybe 60% I don't know, and neither do you. I do know if the girl's all settled into their little "kingdom" upcountry, especially if her family's nearby and she's over say 30 it's very likely IMO she'll at least give it a shot, certainly more so than the Pattaya/Bangkok/Phuket/Samui teenage player. . .

And even if you're right about that one particular relationship, so what. Let the old fool be happy, don't be so quick to put judgement on others, relax, live and let live. Disparaging comments like "on the take", suggesting there's something wrong with p2p, I just don't get it.

• Like 2

Oh don't give me that quackery. This is typical insecure westerners who cannot manage the pace they brought themselves into.

Maybe that's what it's all about, being tired of having to "manage" life instead of just living it. We can see on the economy in the USA and south europe where such management bring us.

Yes, you can buy love on short term, but to buy love on long term as many of us lives here is an utopia and not possible.

No you can't ever buy real love. Many of us are quite happy with a reasonable facsimile. You can also sometime **add** real love to the transactional relationship, but that take time, energy and of course the desire to do what's best for the other. Love is a verb, and is only genuine if you keep giving without expecting to get it back.

Note I'm **not** talking about the p2p arrangement, that's totally separate and well safeguarded.

Why on earth would a 65 year man want to get married. I wondered the same thing a last year when Thai Visa had their April Fools joke about the marriage laws and old guys. Young or old marriage may make sense in most countries but why on earth Thailand.

Well if you're just talking about the village ceremony, it's just a question of cost vs value, no downside at all legally.

And even if you're talking about a legal registration, there's little downside here in Thailand as long as you're not being stupid about your assets. OK given that:

Reason 1 - because you want to bring your service provider home.

2 for other legal/financial reasons - visa, inheritance, pension transfer, insurance whatever

3 because she wants you to and you decide she's done well enough and long enough, so you're willing to give it to her as a retroactive bonus, an outright gift - **not** a deposit in the hope of future payback.

what about old guys paying for it everynight, and worse the ones who take them to dinner and worse still buy them drinks all night. happens to young guys to though.

It's you that doesn't get it. No one you're talking to here (AFAICT) is being deceived about anything - we are happy to pay, as long as we're getting good value out of the relationship.

Sure, you know some guys somewhere that are fooling themselves that their woman would stay if they were broke, when in fact she'd be off like a shot. However it's possible that a certain number of those women would stick around and try to help out to keep the family unit together. Maybe 5%, maybe 30%, maybe 60% I don't know, and neither do you. I do know if the girl's all settled into their little "kingdom" upcountry, especially if her family's nearby and she's over say 30 it's very likely IMO she'll at least give it a shot, certainly more so than the Pattaya/Bangkok/Phuket/Samui teenage player. . .

And even if you're right about that one particular relationship, so what. Let the old fool be happy, don't be so quick to put judgement on others, relax, live and let live. Disparaging comments like "on the take", suggesting there's something wrong with p2p, I just don't get it.

What a ray of sunshine you are... Are you telling me that all the broads youve had, jumped ship the moment you were low on cash? Then there are only 2 possibilities in this matter. Either there is sth wrong with the girls or just the girls you pick. Im guessing the latter one.

Edited by maxme

Oh don't give me that quackery. This is typical insecure westerners who cannot manage the pace they brought themselves into.

Maybe that's what it's all about, being tired of having to "manage" life instead of just living it. We can see on the economy in the USA and south europe where such management bring us.

As an individual I believe you can determine the outcome of your life, significant or minimal doesnt matter... You always have a choice. Change workplace or profession. Don't blame on external factor which are totally irrelevant in this case.

I have never walked on nostalgic clouds as a 'dream walker' (whatever sort of bullsh!t phrase is that ?).

I consider myself to be extremely fortunate that each decade of my life has been better than the last.

I have never hankered for the past - the past a distant (but often fond) memory that is like an old photograph or multi-coloured tank-top - it was appropriate for it's time.

Whether you are 25 or 55 you should not look back with regret or forward with envy. Enjoy each phase of your life as you are able and consider the Thai principle of tam dee, dai dee along the way. This was probably also encapsulated in The Golden Rule - treat others as you wish to be treated....

This has been a great thread and I thank kerryk for penning it. I don't think it been significantly hijacked or side-tracked - indeed, I read through the first 5 pages and couldn't find anything negative there (something of a first for a Thai Visa thread).

As one who fits squarely into kerrys subject age group, I find myself grateful for discovering Thailand. Once I found one of them younger gals to share my life (and wallet) with I quickly decided my home country held little for me. For now, this place - and my relationship - is right for me.

I think it was "Remember the past, work for the future" but in ur case I could be mistaken.

What a ray of sunshine you are... Are you telling me that all the broads youve had, jumped ship the moment you were low on cash? Then there are only 2 possibilities in this matter. Either there is sth wrong with the girls or just the girls you pick. Im guessing the latter one.

I was disputing his claim that *every* Thai girl with a farang is like that.

However I do agree that the difference in age as one factor, and the absolute youth/beauty of the girl as the other, both correlate positively to the likelihood that that will happen.

So, for an 85 year-old guy who's totally skint, his 17-year-old stunner is most likely to pack up and go rather than going out to work to support them both. If she's an average-looking 50 year-old, more likely she'll give it a go.

That's what I'm saying, nothing about me personally.

However, for your information, my Australian wife of 20+ years did pack up and go when my very profitable businesses crashed and burned. The fact that our kids were grown up and had left home helped her make that decision.

And that was the best thing that ever happened to me, I've quite sincerely grateful to her for pulling the plug, if we'd kept going we'd have just lived together in misery.

I think it was "Remember the past, work for the future" but in ur case I could be mistaken.

I think that was Myrlie Evers-Williams.

i much prefer "Remember the past and imagine the future" - Dr Rachel Anderson and Stephen Dewhurst.

I was disputing his claim that *every* Thai girl with a farang is like that.

However I do agree that the difference in age as one factor, and the absolute youth/beauty of the girl as the other, both correlate positively to the likelihood that that will happen.

So, for an 85 year-old guy who's totally skint, his 17-year-old stunner is most likely to pack up and go rather than going out to work to support them both. If she's an average-looking 50 year-old, more likely she'll give it a go.

That's what I'm saying, nothing about me personally.

However, for your information, my Australian wife of 20+ years did pack up and go when my very profitable businesses crashed and burned. The fact that our kids were grown up and had left home helped her make that decision.

And that was the best thing that ever happened to me, I've quite sincerely grateful to her for pulling the plug, if we'd kept going we'd have just lived together in misery.

Well my condelences and congrats in this case. I think it's a tough one when it involve kids. If it's just u and the mrs, hey know what, time to move on. But it ain't that straight foward with the kids who cannot comprehend the matter and thus suffer the most and what happened to u also happened to my uncle. Seems easier for the woman to persuade the kids to her side. Unfortunately they were always better than us in this.

It was my assumption that 70-80 year old farangs only hung out wit toots.

Edited by maxme

I think that was Myrlie Evers-Williams.

i much prefer "Remember the past and imagine the future" - Dr Rachel Anderson and Stephen Dewhurst.

;)

As an individual I believe you can determine the outcome of your life, significant or minimal doesnt matter... You always have a choice. Change workplace or profession. Don't blame on external factor which are totally irrelevant in this case.

I do believe that the western culture has taken commercialism to an obscene level where the human feelings are not regarded any more and do not want to participate in that game.

So I made the change, moved to Thailand and are happy with that in the terms that OP describe.