Internet Dating Or Goings To Bars.....?

MidlandsBoy

I am planning on visiting Thailand for the first time next winter and am wondering what members think is the best for Thailand?

In the UK, the bar scence is totally finished for finding women and has been for some time. The ratio of men to women is never in ones favour and the availability of attractive single females is just not there.

The Internet dating sites do offer opportunity for finding females, but the quality is nothing to write home about.

I not talking about p4p in bars, i just want to know which is the more effective in Thailand.

Many thanks

MIdlands Boy

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do online dating - in bars and discos 90% will be working girls or gold diggers - respectable Thai girls either don't go to such places or only in groups and are not easily approachable.

On some occasions, girls are out to "get a falang", just to try. Can be the case in Bangkok with university girls going in herds to discos. Happened to me one time, memorable night. Just after the highest moment of the night, the girl laughed loud and exclaimed "Po farang!!!"

LOL.

That being said, p4p in Thailand is not the same as back home. Some of the working girls make very sweet and good companions, Just remember to keep your wits.

Or forget any advice and just use every occasion to go out, and you shall find what you seek.

• Like 1

Khao San Road, they hunt in English speaking packs!

UK and Aussie friends are saying badoo.com is getting them laid and meeting dinner dates when they come over but is also littered with ladyboys and hookers

English speaking good girls are out there and maybe due to being out watching football most Saturday nights I've met many. Go to the right kind of establishments and you'll meet them (or come over as a desperate whoremonger!) Find a good wing-woman first and you'll meet tons more.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

Big Department stores, you'll know straight away their English capability and if they are working there its a fair bet they are not "working girls".

Always found nice company and really nice girls that way. Before I married one that is.....coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Internet / bars / clubs / restaurants, even the local market have all worked fine for me. And I do not mean p4p at clubs and bars. Plenty of choice.

Whichever way you choose to meet them take care and give them time to see what scams - if any - they try to pull, is the sensible way.

I find that the great majority are happy to get into bed with you within a few meetings and that includes those that have a chaperone along. When up north of Bangkok I never met a woman without a chaperone so do not be put off if they bring one along.

i gave up trying to pull women in the UK quite a long time ago. Go for it. Have some fun and always always be prepared for and aware of the scams.

• Like 1

Do online dating - in bars and discos 90% will be working girls or gold diggers - respectable Thai girls either don't go to such places or only in groups and are not easily approachable.

Its almost exactly the same on the dating sites, where thai females are looking for a foreigner. The average thai girls DO NOT do that.

There is a reason why SOME thai girls go for us, and it is NOT that we are "handsome and kind", no, the reason why some thai girls really really wants to date a guy from the other side of the world is....money.

Having said that, for all of us who have thai relationship, do they only love us for the money? No, they hopefully also develop love for us meanwhile we are in the relationship, but was money the main reason why they wanted to find a guy from the other side of the world, yes.

Edited by ayayay
  • Like 2

On some occasions, girls are out to "get a falang", just to try. Can be the case in Bangkok with university girls going in herds to discos. Happened to me one time, memorable night. Just after the highest moment of the night, the girl laughed loud and exclaimed "Po farang!!!"

LOL.

That being said, p4p in Thailand is not the same as back home. Some of the working girls make very sweet and good companions, Just remember to keep your wits.

Or forget any advice and just use every occasion to go out, and you shall find what you seek.

'Po farang' ??!! What's the meaning of 'po' here ?

Jem

• Like 1

LOL.

<flame removed> 100% of the girls in bars are working girls thats where they work for christ sake

where do you get the 90% from are the other 10% there to study religion

Edited by metisdead
Inflammatory comment edited out of post.

Its almost exactly the same on the dating sites, where thai females are looking for a foreigner. The average thai girls DO NOT do that.

There is a reason why SOME thai girls go for us, and it is NOT that we are "handsome and kind", no, the reason why some thai girls really really wants to date a guy from the other side of the world is....money.

Having said that, for all of us who have thai relationship, do they only love us for the money? No, they hopefully also develop love for us meanwhile we are in the relationship, but was money the main reason why they wanted to find a guy from the other side of the world, yes.

Note bride sites are different from dating sites are different from community sites.... despite some overlap

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement

LOL.

<flame removed> 100% of the girls in bars are working girls thats where they work for christ sake

You are flat out wrong. It shows how little you know about Thailand. I know at least 15 women who work in bars in the supposed raunchy part of Chiang Mai that DO NOT go with customers. And, it is men like you that give Thailand a bad name for treating all women like hookers.

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

After reading the various responses I think I will use both the Internet and the bars and generally just have some fun.

As this is my first visit I am not really looking for anything serious, just seeing what Thailand has to offer the single man.

Am thinking of splitting my visit to say a month in Ko Samui or Pattaya and then a month in maybe Chiang Mai.

Hopefully this will give me some contrast as to what Thailand is all about and thoughts about possible future retirement locations.

Any feedback on my location choices or alternatives would be welcome.

Thanks.

Bar girls are going to cost you more.

Not even close to the truth unless you hire them by the dozen each night. Try a couple of marriages to the tune of $150,000 a pop when you eventually get divorced.

There is an old saying that still holds true. Put a nickle in a jar each time you have sex with your wife in the first three years of marriage. Then, take a nickle out of the same jar every time you have sex AFTER the first three years are up. You will never empty the bottle no matter how long you stay married.

Ian is probably correct. I normally only speak from experience and I can say with certainty that half a dozen is cheaper.

Go out on your own. Visit some places regularly especially on your own and the women here soon latch on and they will ask, "You no have lady take care you?"

The obvious answer being no from you and then see what she wants / offers.

Do not tell them you are only on holiday or the money goes up.

Tell them you want a woman here for a long time (years) not just for a shag and they then think they have a future prospect that might get them a house. But you are on the move soon and can just disappear ;)

Have fun playing the game.

LOL.

You are flat out wrong. It shows how little you know about Thailand. I know at least 15 women who work in bars in the supposed raunchy part of Chiang Mai that DO NOT go with customers. And, it is men like you that give Thailand a bad name for treating all women like hookers.

You are flat out wrong. Thai females who actively looking to approach foreigners, do it with one intention in mind, get connected with a man who has money.

Some of them do it more explicitly, the ones you call prostitutes, others do it less explicitly, but still, for the same reason.

And of course there are shades of gray in between, but love and money is a VERY strong reason for the thai female to look for a foreign male.

Everyone who believes otherwise, are disillusioned.

• Like 2

[quote name=Thongkorn'

timestamp='1333799295'

post='5199058]

Why not stop in You own County and Pull the Birds "as you say" , Or do they not like what they see in you ,; What makes you think Thai Girls/lady's want pulling by Foreign people, Do you think they are stupid, they know most Western man are in Thailand because they have failed in there own country in pulling birds "as you say". Why do men come to Thailand and pick a girl up from a bar and then Judge all Thai Women the same . would you go to Soho in London and pick a girl up then think that all English women the same or Amsterdam, or Prague. Maybe if men have problems with women they should look inwards and look at there selves and there morals, and not blame failed relationships on the other party.

The purpose of my thread is to find out which method is more effective for finding women in Thailand.

It makes no assumptions about Thai wanting to be with foreign men and my ability to find women in the UK, is of no relevance.

Edited by 7by7
Reply moved out of quote box

Do not worry about the likes of Thongkorn's advice ( or lack of it ). Plenty on here will get them selves all uptight at the mere mention of dating Thai women . No idea why.

It can be a real minefield, but it can also be a lot of fun, had a real good time on Badoo for about 6 months, give it a try. The bar scene is also good and despite what some on here say, normal Thai girls do go to bars. The P4P scene will get expensive, but works for some people who just want a bit of fun without the hassles you can sometimes get.

Just get yourself over here, don't fall in love TOO soon,it can happen licklips.gif and remember to enjoy yourself drunk.gif

• Like 2

Bar girls are going to cost you more.

Not even close to the truth unless you hire them by the dozen each night. Try a couple of marriages to the tune of $150,000 a pop when you eventually get divorced.

There is an old saying that still holds true. Put a nickle in a jar each time you have sex with your wife in the first three years of marriage. Then, take a nickle out of the same jar every time you have sex AFTER the first three years are up. You will never empty the bottle no matter how long you stay married.

Why would anyone get married just to have sex? Just because you had a couple of bad marriages, doesn't mean that OTHER people can have a long lasting marriage.