Royal Marine Was Scammed By Pattaya Businessmen While Serving In Iraq

Boater

The word is "defamation",..not "deformation".

Trust me in Thailand it is "Deform- ation" as you will walk out deformed.

Sorry for helping and for my typo but I wasn't aware the "Spelling Bees" would be after me after giving some good advice.

How can you call it good advice when you don't even know how to spell the name of the alleged crime?

Next time try...Slander.

Believe me, if I was part of a "spelling Bee", there would have been more than one typo pointed out.

Sorry I'm not an English teacher and I can't spell so I guess all my knowledge of the Thai Law is not worth a pinch.

Look it up in the Thai Criminal Code: section 304/306 It's defamation NOT slander. There is no Thai word for slander however there is for defamation. Please stop trolling and trying to flame.

Slander is oral defamation. The following section of Thai law provides the parameters of defamation:

"Section 328 If the offence of defamation be committed by means of publication of a document, drawing,painting, cinematography film, picture or letters made visible by any means, gramophonerecord or an other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting orspreading picture, or by propagation by any other means, the offender shall be punished with imprisonment not exceeding two years and fined not exceeding two hundred thousand Baht."

Slander is in there, you just have to find it.

Now I will bid you a fond adieu as you prepare to depart our shores for your long awaited employment.

Besides, I just read your signature and realized I am fighting a losing battle.

As you say..."Ya just can't fix stupid." cheesy.gif

PS: For anybody interested enough to read the Thai law on defamation (and slander), you can find it in Book Two, Title XI, Chapter Three of the Thai Criminal Code.

http://www.thailandl...penal-code.html

• Like 1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"http://Saying the money is for x and proving it is for x are two different things. For the latter you need a contract. If you send me money you can't force an obligation on to me just by adding a notation to the transfer.

Yes but what if i rented house of you and paid deposited and i have email between you and i and i have the receip from my bank abrouad where i sent the money from and the reason for sending the money written on the transaction

isnt that enough proof ?

Number one rule in Thailand...don't do business with any farang businessmen as they are all a bunch of scammers, cons on the run from the law, and assorted other tossers. Don't trust any of them...much safer dealing with legitimate Thai businessmen and companies...and at least some semblence of legal recourse if things don't go as planned.

do you mean you get to spend 5 years in court then go to appeal for another lengthy period of time?

Wonder if Dick will be getting a visit from Toby and a couple of his mates?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Don't think he will need any mates to sort stuff out. jap.gif

They look pretty tough don't they, in their unforms, with their guns. LOL. Dont you remember the jet ski guys in Phuket and the Royal Marines? Surely everyone has seen the BBC documentary and the Youtube vidoes? These Royal Marines shat themselves, they couldn't handle a couple of Thai thugs. They backed down, even the more senior sergent they called shat himself and backed down. They got stared down, they backled down, I bet they wouldn't even have had the balls to defend their girlfriends or wives against a couple of Thai jet ski thugs. Pathetic, pathetic spectacle of grown men, soldiers, no harder and tougher than women.

It's a contract dispute, not a criminal matter. Civil cases can be drawn out for years, and that's before the difficulty of collecting any judgement. The lad is screwed, unfortunately.

what if no contract..what if you advertise on thai isa house for sale and say i in brazil and say hi newmintedthai i want buy your house.And you say ok but i need a 6hundred thousand baht deposit and you pay the rest when you come here.

so i come here and you say sorry i already sold house to another persoon.

Ok i have no cntract with you but i have a bank receipt from brail with the reason for transaction on it and i also have emails from you.the emails are not your name but they definetly are from you.

Now dont i have enough proof bank receip emails and you never give me the house or return my deposit

It's a contract dispute, not a criminal matter. Civil cases can be drawn out for years, and that's before the difficulty of collecting any judgement. The lad is screwed, unfortunately.

what if no contract..what if you advertise on thai isa house for sale and say i in brazil and say hi newmintedthai i want buy your house.And you say ok but i need a 6hundred thousand baht deposit and you pay the rest when you come here.

Ok i have no cntract with you but i have a bank receipt from brail with the reason for transaction on it and i also have emails from you.the emails are not your name but they definetly are from you.

Now dont i have enough proof bank receip emails and you never give me the house or return my deposit

You have an implied contract, so you can take me to court. Cops won't be interested, I don't think.

You have an implied contract, so you can take me to court. Cops won't be interested, I don't think.

sounds to comlicate you can keep it.The problem here especially with thailand is most every lawyer will take any case and tell you have opportunity to win they will always say that 90pcent of the time

difficult to find good lawyer .Even the reputable one that many tv memebers used has some dark secrets but no need to eleborate.Libel

Edited by Markland

A "contract" does not refer to a piece of paper. Most contracts don't require written form so they are valid even without a signature.

Examples are stuff you buy in shops, or you buy a used car or anything.

Of course, without a written contract, it becomes more difficult to prove the details of the deal. To do so, any proof can be used: emails, sms, witnesses, bank statements, payment receipts, etc.

Edited by manarak

They look pretty tough don't they, in their unforms, with their guns. LOL. Dont you remember the jet ski guys in Phuket and the Royal Marines? Surely everyone has seen the BBC documentary and the Youtube vidoes? These Royal Marines shat themselves, they couldn't handle a couple of Thai thugs. They backed down, even the more senior sergent they called shat himself and backed down. They got stared down, they backled down, I bet they wouldn't even have had the balls to defend their girlfriends or wives against a couple of Thai jet ski thugs. Pathetic, pathetic spectacle of grown men, soldiers, no harder and tougher than women.

I saw that video and from what I remember, they did quite well. Unarmed against a nutter with a gun and in a foreign country where they are under very strict rules to be good. The locals have no such rules. I saw him standing face to face with that jerk in Phuket. Good job. Didn't back down a bit.

A "contract" does not refer to a piece of paper. Most contracts don't require written form so they are valid even without a signature.

Examples are stuff you buy in shops, or you buy a used car or anything.

Of course, without a written contract, it becomes more difficult to prove the details of the deal. To do so, any proof can be used: emails, sms, witnesses, bank statements, payment receipts, etc.

yes it happened to me but allot of money went to police i had no contract just a bank transaction receipt from when i sent money from brazil to thailand and some emails.

It was fraud but they didn't do anything for me

i had to get lawyer..why the police not do anything for me when it was clearly fraud ?

fraud is criminal right? why didnt they even contact the holder of the account i sent money to to interview him ?

they not care.And the person who stole from me is not connected so what they to tired to help me ?

Edited by Markland

Breach of contract. Civil matter.

but i never signed a contract we just agreed by email so it still fraud right ?

sorry but i am very stupid when talk about law especialy thai law.i nearly have breakdown befor because of this

Really love to be a bystander and watch you tell them that to their face.

Any agreement is a contract, whether verbal, email or actual piece of paper.

And civil case destroyed me.Not because of financial reasons i am still have good life with all that i have but i waited 3 and a half years about a case of ten million baht and i was only awarded 6

i nearly did have mental breakdown you get out of car it hot you go inside court you hot and now blooad pressure and anger because of being cheated then you disagreement with people who dont understand because i not good english then they not good english.but now i ok i cant blame anyone it was all my own fault.nobody put gun to my head

you obviously don't know who mr scam artist is connected to

Come on, don't keep it a secret - tell us who.

Edited by tropo

batman

Yep, that pretty much sums up your knowledge of the scammer.

batman

Yep, that pretty much sums up your knowledge of the scammer.

Thank you.If you would like further real information just pm me but let us not go off topic like we did last night.Not fair for other posters reading our child like posts.

And because we should be grateful.Happy easter

Edited by Markland

Very little details you give here in order for people to respond in a helpfull way and also you could be charged with deformation if you are not carefull. Thai Criminal Code: 306/304 because you have made this "public" so with "third parties" involved now you better be careful if you yourself lives here in Thailand.

I hear a lot of that defamation and libel suits in Thailand.If I post on this forum that Colov is this or that,the board will get hysterical and remove the post for reasons of defamation,yet good old Drummond posts a picture of him with the description " police volunteer turned gangster " and give some more details in several articles on several occassions in the past.

But I don't see Drummond in jail or even get sued.

So who is talking BS?

Very little details you give here in order for people to respond in a helpfull way and also you could be charged with deformation if you are not carefull. Thai Criminal Code: 306/304 because you have made this "public" so with "third parties" involved now you better be careful if you yourself lives here in Thailand.

I hear a lot of that defamation and libel suits in Thailand.If I post on this forum that Colov is this or that,the board will get hysterical and remove the post for reasons of defamation,yet good old Drummond posts a picture of him with the description " police volunteer turned gangster " and give some more details in several articles on several occassions in the past.

But I don't see Drummond in jail or even get sued.

So who is talking BS?

colov doesn't want to try to sue him perhaps ? i think it was gangster turned police volunteer.Where is the slander ? colov was a gangster in denmark and was convicted in denmark because of his gangster antics

http://nyway the Flying Sporran has been warned about these libel threats. He does however insist that he has not come out with any ridiculous stories that Colov has been involved in drugs trafficking, pyramid selling, Cambodia land dealing, or mistreating hamburger boys. He merely states that during his case against the Jyllands Posten in Denmark, counsel for Mr. Colov admitted that his client had convictions for pimping, violence etc., in Copenhagen, before he blessed Thailand with his arrival. Those convictions are now spent and thus Mr. Colov is fully redeemed.

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/view-story-other.php?sid=486

Speaking the truth is not slander

I still don't understand and think some of you must be wrong.If for examples i was in brazil and i see tropo has a big house for sale or rent and we talk on email i like the house from the pictures i see so i decide to pay deposit which we agree on email.

No signed contract but when i send money from brazil i write down deposit for tropos house

then i arrive trope say sorry he give to someone else or sorry i already rent t someone else

isnt that fraud ?sp i can go press criminal charge ?

or i have to get lawyer pay to much money and wit years to try to get money back ????

The police can charge you with criminal offense if they think the accuser has enough evidence..The police can bring that charge sheet to the court.If the court accept then the accuser can use the courts prosecuter or find there own

so example i go to police and say to them look i send money months ago to tropos account

i show them receipt from my home country then i show them emails where tropo promised me the house

and where he then said that he gave to someone else.

so why they cannot charge isnt that enough evidence?

Edited by Markland

The police can charge you with criminal offense if they think the accuser has enough evidence..The police can bring that charge sheet to the court.If the court accept then the accuser can use the courts prosecuter or find there own

And all this without the use of a lawyer?

i dont know that is why i am asking.if the polices saw you kick me in the head they could charge you straight away with criminal action.i understand what you mean but i think you don't understand because my english is bad.the questions is and this is example i send money from brazil to thailand to tropo to buy his condo or rent his condo i pay 50 thousand baht deposit when i come to thailand he say sorry he give to someone else and he wont give me my money back

why cant i just go to police show them my transaction and emails and they contact him and tell jim pay me back and if not they charge him with criminal

Edited by Markland

i dont know that is why i am asking.if the polices saw you kick me in the head they could charge you straight away with criminal action.i understand what you mean but i think you don't understand because my english is bad

Your question was about buying a house,not someone kicking you in the head.Two totally different cases.

i dont know that is why i am asking.if the polices saw you kick me in the head they could charge you straight away with criminal action.i understand what you mean but i think you don't understand because my english is bad

Your question was about buying a house,not someone kicking you in the head.Two totally different cases.

yes.Bt fraud is criminal to.So with my evidence of paid deposit and emails why cant they charge him for fraud then we both get lawyers and go to court ??