Buying Iphone 4S From Apple.Co.Th

ha55ha

Hi, I went to the store yesterday and the iPhone was more expensive there than on the website. I asked why and they said it's because they are ordered from Singapore and you have to pay tax on top when it's delivered. Does anyone know if this is true?

In the store the iPhone 4S 16gig is 22,450 baht, on the website the same model is 20,900 baht.

Thanks!

ha55ha,, got one iPhone4s last week, ordered online on Thai-Apple website (delivery from Singapore), price like indicated on website, 20,900 THB delivered, all included, no extras.. iphone 4s, 16Gb, that's it

No, you don't have to "pay tax". That is, you do, but it's included in the prices on the Apple website. Shipping is free.

Nobody knows why the stores did not yet adjust their prices. Probably because they can get away with it. Make a quick buck?! Apple recently lowered the iPhone 4S price, but the carriers kept it the same.

If you click through to the order finalization screen at the Apple Thailand Store you will see that the price of 20,900 already includes 7% VAT and that there is no charge for shipping.

I guess I might show this to a manager in an Apple Thailand store and ask them if they are aware of the pricing difference. It seems strange and uncharacteristic of Apple but maybe someone dropped the ball. IMO, if this pricing difference is country policy then each associate should be familiar with the reason(s) and be in a position to explain it to customers.

If an on-line order is fulfilled from Singapore then this opens up another set of questions, which may be better left unasked.

Edited by lomatopo

If buy a 16GB iPhone 4s through the Appe Thailand web site and have it delivered to my appartment in Thailand, when I leave the country with my tourist visa only a couple days after my purchase, do I get VAT back at the airport?

If buy a 16GB iPhone 4s through the Appe Thailand web site and have it delivered to my appartment in Thailand, when I leave the country with my tourist visa only a couple days after my purchase, do I get VAT back at the airport?

I do not think so as you will not be able to get the required VAT paperwork (VAT Refund Form P.P. 10 and Original Tax Invoice) from apple.co.th

I think an Apple brick/mortar store here will give you the required VAT paperwork, which you could then use to claim a VAT refund departing BKK on an international flight.