Hydroponics

Scoop1

I only grow arugala (rocket lettuce) firstly because it stands up to the heat and secondly it is very expensive in supermarkets. The hydroponic shop near the chatuchack market has good seeds.

Hello scoop1, my hydro has been on the back burner as the dirt needs to

be weeded with all the rain we've had the past month or so.

Hope your getting settled in LOS OK?

A heads up on the upcoming Ag show I posted on the Ag shows/fair thread,

Hortiasia 2012 will have most of the big players in hydro in LOS in one place

at one time, substrates/nutes/seed/plastics/irrigation/greenhouses.

rice555

rice555

rice555

Rice, I don't know why, but the first line in a lot of your posts are Ok but the subsequent lines are in a font so small that it's impossible to read. Am I the only one that sees this?

Hello scoop1, my hydro has been on the back burner as the dirt needs to be weeded with all the rain we've had the past month or so.

A heads up on the upcoming Ag show I posted on the Ag shows/fair thread, Hortiasia 2012 will have most of the big players in hydro in LOS in one place at one time, substrates/nutes/seed/plastics/irrigation/greenhouses.

rice555

I have looked at these threads re hydrophonics, but they are almost like in a different language.

Not something that I want to get into right now, but interested in learning more about it.

Is there a Hydroponics for dummies book? wink.png

Edited by loong

Loong, it can be as complicated or as simple as you want to make it, for you to learn. start with one plant of your choice and go from there, i started with 1 tomato in a 20 ltr bucket and a 2 mtr lenght of 25 mm pvc pipe for the stake 30 years ago and still use the same system today, so its not that hard, if you want any help, pm me, its not that scary!!!

Scoop

Hi Scoop,

I have googled and so do understand a little about this subject. But most of the websites offer very little information or just enough to get one interested in buying their systems. Most of them seem pretty expensive.

I am going to the UK next week to visit my family and sort out some stuff. I hate being away from the garden, but there you go :) Either there will be not enough rain and a lot of stuff will die, if a goodly amount of precipitation, the weeds will take over. I only intend to be away for 3 weeks, but a lot can happen in that time.

I will certainly be PMing you when I get back. I often find myself with nothing much to do when the rainy season sets in, so I wouldn't mind experimenting on a very small scale with hydrponics, especially if not too expensive. If you are prepared to share your experiences and knowledge, I'm happy to listen

Hi , Crossy, dont worry about the systems the you see on some sites, you dont need those at the moment, you just need to start with a simple system like i sugested., and it works a treat and you dont need lots of complicated stuff and when it rains just pick it up and move it under cover, to easy, what i have sugested is called "Flood and Drain" very simple and easy and you wont get in to much trouble, and will get a nice result

cheers

scoop