Non-resident Bank Account With Online Access

Soju

I'm in need of opening a Thai bank account and being that I now use HSBC in two different countries and never have any problems I was considering opening an HSBC account in Thailand when I travel there next week.

My requirements for the account are as follows:

1) Need to be able to transfer money from abroad into the account without any hefty transfer fees

2) Need to be able to easily transfer funds from that account to local Thai bank accounts at will by using online banking from outside of Thailand. Again, without hefty transfer fees.

3) Need to be able to access my money by ATM card when I'm in Thailand.

4) May possibly need to someday transfer some or all of the funds back out of Thailand.

5) The account may be either a U.S. Dollar account, or a Thai Baht account, depending on which is easier and/or more cost effective to operate.

Based on HSBC's website, it appears they have only one branch in all of Thailand, but this should not be a problem for me as I only need to visit the branch once when opening the account and then all future activiites will be handled online.

Reading the information about the HSBC Non-resident account, it seems to be preferable for me to open because I'm not living in Thailand and I may need to someday transfer my funds back out of Thailand. It appears that the HSBC account will permit this. Does anyone have experience with this type of account with HSBC or any other bank in Thailand? Being that I'm not residing in Thailand, I've seen many threads saying I will have a problem opening up a normal resident account, so I'm really looking for information specific about any and all non-resident accounts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

I don't know anything about HSBC, but the banking laws in Thailand allow the banks to charge for everything. I once deposited a check from the United states and they charged me for depositing the check. Figure it out.

Good Luck.

Barry

:D I used to put a personal check into Siam City bank and they wouldn't credit it for 2/3 months.I would check on my computer and see they got the funds in a week.I am no longer with them.I guess they think we are all ignorant or fools(or both).I now go to AMX write a check ,get the money like now,and it takes them 2/3 weeks to clear the check.No charge. :o:D

I have for the last 14 years been with Siam Comercial Bank, and is very happy with the service.

I have a savings account with them and transfer funds from Denmark in Danish Kr. not to loose on the rate, and I can use SCB Easy, that's the banks netbank, I have a ATM card I use when in Thailand, but it's a Mastercard and be used worldwide.

Edited by sonthaya