Ok Ladies, Where Are You?

Webby

Ok ladies, where are you?

I have known of 3 farang women who have settled down to live in Thailand and they are (or were) in Chiang Rai, Mae Hong Son & Koh Samet. That`s 2 up North and one on the beach. Where are you located? Are you city women mostly? Who`s on the islands? How many of you have ended up in far flung places over looking the rice paddies.

No need to give the exact location if you don`t want to, I`m just interested to see where the dots would be on the map.

Webby

Hi ya freja I'm in Germany, well lets say I fell off me bike TWICE last week.... snow up to my fingernails an I had to find the only piece of road that wasn’t covered :D

Heaven knows when I'll leave for another Thailand trip; seem to be getting bogged down with this "work" thing.... who the ###### invented that?

Odd question I know but I'd thought I'd ask, my previous girl friend kept asking me where would I like to end up if I went to Thailand and I found that damned hard to answer. Without working I said that maybe Nong Khai would be ok or Chiang Rai.

I really love to visit Bangkok but I’m not so sure I could hack the pollution. My lillie white skin takes years to develop into a deep dark "red" which kinda rules the beaches out.

mattnich, I've heard that Sydney tap water is dodgy.... watch out for the ice :o

I'll get the McVitie "Hob Nob" biscuits out next time and share them around with the next coffee, how’s that?

See ya

Webby, koh phangan for 15 years. I couldn't handle the pollution in bangkok either. And just 'cause you live on the island doesn't mean you go bake in the sun everyday. My skin, altho not too lily white is certainly not "island brown".

And mattnich, if I posted what you wrote to me in another thread in this forum there wouldn't be any debate about whether you were misogynistic or not. Next time you try being insulting perhaps you should think about what you write and who it makes look bad. :o

sbk, thanks for "both" replys :o I can see clearly now!

15 years! on Koh Phangan... that would be a dream for some people.

I made it to Koh Samui in 1986 but can't remember at that time hearing of Koh Phangan. Must admit seeing that I was on my first trip to Asia I went in rather blind. I had two guest house addresses in my hand, one for Bangkok and one for Chiang Mai and that was it. Before I moved of to Malaysia I picked a guide at a book swap place on Koh Samet, what ever happened to that Boy Scout motto "Be Prepared) hee hee.

See ya

Hi Webby,

Approximately 20 outside Chiang Mai Province is home and loving it. Currently working externally, but planning to be back home by mid year. Plans are for a longer stay this time. :o

Know there are many others around, but we're they're rather reclusive like myself.

See ya.

Hi Webby

My location isn't as interesting as the rest - am in a quiet area of bangkok.

Think I know the farang female from samet you're referring to. Not sure if I can mention names on here, but she's from Naga and the oldest female farang on the island - lovely lady and guaranteed to have semi-decent (or at least drinkable) wine :D . There are also two younger females, with children, living there now - it's become quite a popular place.

Be careful on your bike, always found the black ice in germany to be terrible.

ps McVities yummy! Thankfully Marks & Spencer provide their brand of digestive biscuits - always have a supply to accompany my tea :o

Hi leonah, hi Nat,

"Chiang Mai Province is home and loving it" jeeeez wish I could say the same for me at the moment, I'm freezing! I loved them warm rather than hot evenings up in that area and most of all I enjoyed getting on busses and songthews? and just ending up somewhere.

Nat, you are so correct about Koh Samet, the lady in mention I met on my first trip to Thailand but I haven?t seen her for about 10 years I think. A lovely lady who took a bit of getting used to at first :o

Hmm, "am in a quiet area of bangkok" do they really exist? I'd really keep that a secret if I were you.

*** I've just had some porridge to warm up :D See ya. ***

Hmm, "am in a quiet area of bangkok" do they really exist?

:D in a way - live on the outskirts of central bangkok, so it's quiet enough.

Many feel the same about the lady in question. Have to say even though it may appear that a few screws are loose, she's very switched on - there's method to the madness :D . Will always make the effort to drop in and have a chat with her - it's always sure to be interesting.

Have some family that live Germany so have spent some time there over winter and thought I was going to die from the cold. Remember them once taking me to the xmas market and I started jogging to try and keep warm - didn't care if I looked like an idiot cause my body was going numb and was freaking out. Everyone found it rather amusing and just kept making jokes about spending too much time in oz :o - glad they took me seriously :D . So hope you're keeping warm :D