Sausages

My missus made some Chiang Mai snags the other week....outstanding...as a great fan of CM sausage and the ability to tell the good from the bad....these were better than the best original CM snag I have had.

We have lamb mince.....and fresh rosemary in the garden...and mint.....think its mint......lamb snags to come soon.

Just to repeat the question:-

However, I have friends from the UK asking if they get hold of the likes of Richmond pork sausages in Thailand.

get outta here and tell yer dumb friends that Timothy Taylor Landlord bitter is not available either...sounds like that would maybe upset their travel plans...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

However, I have friends from the UK asking if they get hold of the likes of Richmond pork sausages in Thailand.

get outta here and tell yer dumb friends that Timothy Taylor Landlord bitter is not available either...sounds like that would maybe upset their travel plans...

What an ignorant person you are....

Nothing wrong in an expat seeking an imported item - now back off and get your head back up yor arse !

Edited by cardholder
  • Like 1

As far as I can rember 'Richmond' sausages claimed to be Irish...dont know what flavour 'Irish' is but the sausage meat was finely ground. Dont remember anything else that made them special.

Nothing wrong in an expat seeking an imported item - now back off and get your head back up yor arse !

The closest I have seen is Frozen Waitrose ones in Central Food Hall in Pattaya. Loads of other UK style ones made here but never seen Richmonds.

(mods...oh, what he said...) relax cardholder, you're cool ...it's just that sometimes some expectations are ridiculously unreasonable...suggest to your visiting friends to try the native little issan sausages instead which are quite nice...cheers...smile.png

Edited by tutsiwarrior
  • Like 1

Not sure about Richmond (thought it was in London ?) but have you tried the SK range of sausages - just about cover an taste !

I've (thankfully) never seen Richmond sausages over here. The nearest you'll get are the mass produced imported ones in the freezer section of the farang friendly supermarkets.

Richmond are a Irish company that mass produce cheap sauages. I think they contain less than 50% meat. These are not what a British (or Irish) sausage should be like. But in the same way people seem to think that a McDonalds is nice, some people like cheap sausages too. Each to there own.

If you like Richmonds then the locally made 'British' ones may suit your taste.

• 2 months later...

even when you find a half decent sausage in thailand i've found that within a year the price goes

one way and the quality goes the opposite way,on my last trip home i asked a friend to pick us up some sausages from the supermarket she mistakenly bought richmond,so i tried them and apart from

the poor taste/quality my frying pan was left with half an inch of white lard like fat after cooking only a couple of these sausages, something i have not seen in thirty years!! the rest were donated to the first person who said they'd eat them, meanwhile i've practically given up on sausages in thailand.

I've (thankfully) never seen Richmond sausages over here. The nearest you'll get are the mass produced imported ones in the freezer section of the farang friendly supermarkets.

Richmond are a Irish company that mass produce cheap sauages. I think they contain less than 50% meat. These are not what a British (or Irish) sausage should be like. But in the same way people seem to think that a McDonalds is nice, some people like cheap sausages too. Each to there own.

If you like Richmonds then the locally made 'British' ones may suit your taste.

I'll have you know they contain 42% pork, and 10% pork fat to add to the rusk they add. lol

I like all kinds of sausages (not the rubbery german / american ones which are the only ones you can buy here though). So, aside from the decent butchers popping up over the place, the Waitrose snags found in Tops in Bangkok as well (ladprao for sure) and I got Walls from the place in Fashion Island I think is it was, you are a bit stuck for them. However, the british banger fought Europe and won. They are dependable, always tasty, and go well with back bacon and egg very nicely. Nothing wrong with the higher meat content ones; very nice indeed but fora fry up, give me a pink pap sausage like a Richmonds any day of the week. smile.png

even when you find a half decent sausage in thailand i've found that within a year the price goes

one way and the quality goes the opposite way,on my last trip home i asked a friend to pick us up some sausages from the supermarket she mistakenly bought richmond,so i tried them and apart from

the poor taste/quality my frying pan was left with half an inch of white lard like fat after cooking only a couple of these sausages, something i have not seen in thirty years!! the rest were donated to the first person who said they'd eat them, meanwhile i've practically given up on sausages in thailand.

Try Sausage King's, that will change your mind

• Like 1