Would Anyone Like To Borrow My Glasses? They'Re A Lovely Shade Of Rose.

HongKongPhooey

Don't understand you Peter. First you accuse HKP of ranting, and then you're giving examples showing he is right in his claims.

That does not surprise me, maybe you should read his posts again on this and other topics

you have financial interests here, i and a lot of people i know do not and can afford to live

anywhere they want, and chose to live in Phuket

Who cares about the things people whinge about on this form they do not effect me and

people i know, we recently had a holiday in Bali and found the scamming much worse there

People just piss me of with there whinging comments about Phuket

Kenny changed his user name because he was sick of people picking on him for no reason

as far as i am concerned, he lived within his means not in fantasy land and was informed he

broke the forum rules

Other people are banned and come back time and again with new user names

No Peter, Kenny did not change his username because he was sick op people picking on him, at least not according to Kenny: "had a lot of trouble with my windows live so had the opportunity to change my user name".

I'm sorry to see you did not understand my post. But since it is off topic anyway I won't try to repost.

Don't understand you Peter. First you accuse HKP of ranting, and then you're giving examples showing he is right in his claims.

That does not surprise me, maybe you should read his posts again on this and other topics

you have financial interests here, i and a lot of people i know do not and can afford to live

Who cares about the things people whinge about on this form they do not effect me and

people i know, we recently had a holiday in Bali and found the scamming much worse there

Kenny changed his user name because he was sick of people picking on him for no reason

as far as i am concerned, he lived within his means not in fantasy land and was informed he

broke the forum rules

No Peter, Kenny did not change his username because he was sick op people picking on him, at least not according to Kenny: "had a lot of trouble with my windows live so had the opportunity to change my user name".

I'm sorry to see you did not understand my post. But since it is off topic anyway I won't try to repost.

Why would he want the opportunity to change his user name

have you looked in a mirror recently

A user name is directly linked to a specific email address. Therefore you can't re-use a user name from a different email address (in this case because the original email account had been hacked) as you'll be told that the name is already in use. Only the IP address would remain the same.

A user name is directly linked to a specific email address. Therefore you can't re-use a user name from a different email address (in this case because the original email account had been hacked) as you'll be told that the name is already in use. Only the IP address would remain the same.

Not quite correct. A member always has the option in his/her profile page to change registered email address.

Its great stuff that the OP is content with his lot, and there are many that are all over Thailand but of course there are many more that are not for various reasons that are obvious. I think those that have a 'normal' lifestyle..steady relationship, family, work and no real money worries are a lot happier in Thailand, its those that have little money or nothing else rather than drinking to fill their day that are not happy. Phuket is a wonderful island although with a few problems that can easily be avoided, its not my choice soley its not placed logisticly well.

Not placed logistacly well?

You can fly direct to Europe,Japan,China,Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia and middle east directly out of Phuket airport.

Much better placed than habing the horrid drive to Bangkok from Pattaya which would be slower than me flying to Bangkok.

From my front door to the check in is a comnfortable 1 hour 10 minutes..hardly a horrid journey.....I did mean not well placed for me personally....Phuket does have an International airport but hardly on a par withh BKK

Nothing wrong with a positive thread (it's been done before, but there are always new BMs), but I have to say that preemptive censoring of the type of responses the OP wants is not on, even though I can identify with some of his sentiments.

Can you explain this to me please. How am I censoring replies? How is my thread any different to any other. I have asked a specific question so of course only certain people will be able to reply. Isn't that exactly the same as any other thread? Genuinely confused by that logic!

Again though, I will not read the OP's posts, as one member has already mentioned, somebody has way too much time on their hands.

Start a thread AND be the first response.........................????

As mentioned prior, bit of an ego trip for the guy, that's why I tend to ignore anything other than the topic title by this particular wannabe "writer".

I have too much time on my hands!! You have made two posts on a thread when you (claim) not to have even read the OP, just to tell people that you haven't read the OP, and that the OP has too much time on his hands laugh.png You couldn't make this stuff up!

Both of the posts were part of the same OP. If the Einsteins on this forum struggled to read it when it was in in two part they probably would have had a stroke if they tried reading it all in one go! Also, there's always a poster who never reads my posts but always seems to reply to them rather quickly, so I wanted to get it my point across before he had the chance to interrupt me.

No idea what others think. But to get a good debate going please refrain from writing a novel. I read the first and least few lines. But am not interested in all the waffle in between.

I used to live in Phuket, but now reside in Chang Mai. Whilst I lived in Phuket I never had any issues. I also did my fair share of partying with mates. Yes, some people get stitched up. But like anywhere, behave yourself, respect others (especially Thais) and show some street smarts and the likelihood of problems is minimized.

If I see or sense aggression I simple leave. I don't want negative energy spoiling my night.

And from what I have seen. Most farangs are the cause. Usually young blokes full of bravado who see every Thai woman as a whore and every Thai man as a push over. But of course they are totally mistaken.

Agree with your post as far as Phuket is concerned but not as far as the OP. I find reading and writing equally important to taking part in a forum discussion.

If you deem it to be waffle then why read it at all? If you don't like reading more than a couple of lines then spending your time on a forum seems rather strange.

Its great stuff that the OP is content with his lot, and there are many that are all over Thailand but of course there are many more that are not for various reasons that are obvious. I think those that have a 'normal' lifestyle..steady relationship, family, work and no real money worries are a lot happier in Thailand, its those that have little money or nothing else rather than drinking to fill their day that are not happy. Phuket is a wonderful island although with a few problems that can easily be avoided, its not my choice soley its not placed logisticly well.

Nice post. That's what I thought could be gleaned from this thread. I wasn't really asking for things people like about Phuket or confirmation that they do in fact like it, I was asking for a small insight in to peoples lives so as to make connections between their attitude and life styles and the fact that they live problem free in Phuket. To me it's obvious that they would be connected. I think you have hit the nail on the head regarding family, steady relationships and no money worries etc

I would bet they would be common aspects but I wondered if some more less obvious ones would come to light.

Should have known better of course, most people on here struggle to read let alone discuss inteligently!

broke the forum rules

Your posts on this thread have really confused me. As 'Stevenl' pointed out you seem to be contradicting yourself some what.

You just said ' who cares about the things people whinge about on this forum' and then immediately said 'People just piss me off with their whinging comments about Phuket'

It seems you are caught between agreeing with me and not wanting to agree with me because it's me, and getting yourself all muddled up in the process.

Sigh sigh - and this topic continues on the down spiral with a member bashing fest. What happened to those 'rose tinted glasses'. Let's get back on the topic and not have yet another topic closed.

Various posts 'bashing' other members have been removed.

Ive lived in Pai, Chiang Mai, Ko Phangan, Hua Hin and Cha-am and IMHO Phuket is far better that any of those for climate, entertainment and overall quality of life.

I very much doubt that most Phuket bashers have any where near that amount of experience living in Thailand. Most of them haven't even lived in Phuket!!

Any specific reasons why you think you can make Phuket work and others can't? Anything you had to change along the way because it was causing problems? Any specific attitudes that needed to be adopted to make it work? etc etc.

and more posts removed. Is this topic beyond salvage.

Not if people stay on topic and can manage to stay away from threads that don't interest them it isn't. smile.png

The topic is 'what do you think the reasons are for you being happy in Phuket.' & 'Specific ways you live your life and attitudes you need, to make it work'.

It's a perfectly simple topic to grasp. If you're not interested, STAY AWAY!!

Ive lived in Pai, Chiang Mai, Ko Phangan, Hua Hin and Cha-am and IMHO Phuket is far better that any of those for climate, entertainment and overall quality of life.

I very much doubt that most Phuket bashers have any where near that amount of experience living in Thailand. Most of them haven't even lived in Phuket!!

Any specific reasons why you think you can make Phuket work and others can't? Anything you had to change along the way because it was causing problems? Any specific attitudes that needed to be adopted to make it work? etc etc.

maybe because I don't get out of the house much, except to visit building shops

broke the forum rules

Your posts on this thread have really confused me. As 'Stevenl' pointed out you seem to be contradicting yourself some what.

You just said ' who cares about the things people whinge about on this forum' and then immediately said 'People just piss me off with their whinging comments about Phuket'

It seems you are caught between agreeing with me and not wanting to agree with me because it's me, and getting yourself all muddled up in the process.

Actually i do not like the way you continually stir people up on this forum

Probably a completely different person in a social gathering which from previous posts in another name you do not attend

Well HongkongPooey,your post sounded quite interesting,until I read the rules (yours) and discovered my Rose Tinted Spectacles are a far far deeper shade than yours. May all your replies be exactly what you need to hear.

Have no idea what that means! mellow.png

I do.