Bkk Airport To Pattaya

brianw

Sadly much in the way of choices at that hour.

TOT airport taxi service is about 3000 Bt

meter taxis refuse to use their meters and charge double to about 1400 Bt.

There are some independant drivers that will meet you and drive you for about 800 Baht

This is what I have used for the last 6 or 7 years

Go to the departure lever when you arrive, there would be some taxis there dropping the passengers off. Talk to the drivers, offer 900-1000 baht and if someone wants more, go talk to the next one. There are plenty. Try to avoid those that stay there and wait for customers. Get those that dropping people off.

Jeffrey the idependant drivers, do you meet on the upper level after they have dropped people off from pattaya? Or do you arrange this prior to coming? If so where do you arrange these? I have been lazy and payed the 1500 from the ground level for years but knew there was a better way.

My wife & I live just outside Pattaya. She runs a taxi to or from the airport charging 1800 (inc parking/toll fares). She charges 1500 to drop off from Pattaya the extra 300 is for parking fees/waiting time. The car is a newish Honda Jazz. She has decent English. Phone me on 0831155708 or my wife 0860219593.

My wife & I live just outside Pattaya. She runs a taxi to or from the airport charging 1800 (inc parking/toll fares). She charges 1500 to drop off from Pattaya the extra 300 is for parking fees/waiting time. The car is a newish Honda Jazz. She has decent English. Phone me on 0831155708 or my wife 0860219593.

You aren't being competetive! That is how much hotels in Pattaya charge you. There are taxi booths all over that have a flat rate 800 baht from Pattaya to airport. And from Airport to Pattaya... you must be joking...

You know, it helps to know the market prices if you want to run any sort of business.

Jeffrey the idependant drivers, do you meet on the upper level after they have dropped people off from pattaya? Or do you arrange this prior to coming? If so where do you arrange these? I have been lazy and payed the 1500 from the ground level for years but knew there was a better way.

Careful about independent drivers... Airport kick them out a few years back and I say it was a good thing, a lot of people were getting scamed.

Unless you arrange your independent driver yourself, I would advise you against jumping in a car with some unknown individual. I had one not so pretty experience...

As someone said, you can arrange Mr. T (081-258-7716), it's been years since I used him last time, so him rate may have changed but I was paying something like 800-900 baht pick up from anywhere in BKK, drop off anywhere in Pattaya and he paid for the highways. Maybe it's a 1000 from airport as he would probably wait for you on a parking lot.

Or as I said earlier, go and try to catch a taxi driver from the departure level, don't talk to those waiting outside but try to catch one that just unloaded passengers.

I've take a bus from BKK to Pattaya a few times, never again. It takes 3x longer to get there as it stops everywhere along the way to pick up and drop off the passengers, then when you arrive to Pattaya bus terminal, you need to get a taxi to get to your hotel (or motorbike if you travel light).

All in all, if it's not some sort of express bus, it's not worth it in my opinion, takes too long and save too litle.

I've take a bus from BKK to Pattaya a few times, never again. It takes 3x longer to get there as it stops everywhere along the way to pick up and drop off the passengers, then when you arrive to Pattaya bus terminal, you need to get a taxi to get to your hotel (or motorbike if you travel light).

All in all, if it's not some sort of express bus, it's not worth it in my opinion, takes too long and save too litle.

Just because you have consistently taken the wrong bus, don't expect everyone else to do the same.

• Like 1

I've just removed my own post before the mods do.....

Edited by LucidLucifer

• 2 weeks later...

I also agree use Mr T taxi.

1000 baht from BKK to Pattaya this includes the motorway tolls.

900 baht Pattaya to BKK.

Always reliable, have used his company about 20 times and never let me down even when I have been on a delayed flight.

Drop him an e-mail and ypu get a reply within 24 hours confirming everything.

[email protected]

(+66) 81-2587716

Edited by rod2011

Careful about independent drivers... Airport kick them out a few years back and I say it was a good thing, a lot of people were getting scamed.

Unless you arrange your independent driver yourself, I would advise you against jumping in a car with some unknown individual. I had one not so pretty experience...

As someone said, you can arrange Mr. T (081-258-7716), it's been years since I used him last time, so him rate may have changed but I was paying something like 800-900 baht pick up from anywhere in BKK, drop off anywhere in Pattaya and he paid for the highways. Maybe it's a 1000 from airport as he would probably wait for you on a parking lot.

Or as I said earlier, go and try to catch a taxi driver from the departure level, don't talk to those waiting outside but try to catch one that just unloaded passengers.

You say careful of independents, yet you suggest go with an independant ?

I have know this man over 10 year. He is a family man who lives in the Pattaya area.

He has first class insurance, I have seen the paperwork.

His cars, a Volvo and Accord are well maintained.

He drives safe and sane, Pays all tollsand asks if you want to stop in the rest area if you need the toilet or a drink or something to eat.

He just does not hang around the airport waiting for anyone, everything is pre arranged.

Any time day or night. He will pick you up, load your things as well as carry them to the car.

When my flight was late, he waited hours, and askedno more from me.

When my GF wanted to ride along he returned her at no extra charge

He speaks enough English

I am lucky I found him, Use him when I can, as do all my friends.

Wish more Meter taxis were like him

What really surprises me, with all the flights late at night that come in, and a good percentage of those wanting to go to Pattaya, why is there not an hourly shuttle bus or something ?

Last thing I want to do after being in airport for hours or in my casxe days, waiting for immigration que, and they play the taxi game. TOT taxi 3000 Bt, Next guy wants 2000 Bt, OK 1500 OK 1400. A true meter woruld be under 800 Bt. The old airport with meter airport fee was about 800 + tollways if you wanted. Now meter taxis wont even use their meters.