Sear Jai

BuffaloRescue

I had some kind of weird dream last night and was talking in my sleep. This morning the mrs first wouldnt talk to me then flew off the handle and called me Sear Jai and now it seems shes left me.

I did absolutely nothing. Yesterday we had a great day, laughing an joking.

Totally confused

Whats Sear Jai? Or Seer Jai????

เสียใจ

It means she's upset about something, it can also mean to be sorry that something has happened.

So, it sounds like she didn't like something you said in your dream but you had worked that out already.

Oh Right.

Logical arguement cant win this one. Im not responsible for what i do when im alseep. Better just hope it blows over

You haven't really learned anything about women... have you.

You are ALWAYS responsible for EVERYTHING you do... or even DIDN'T do... even in your sleep, or did 40 years ago.

• Like 1

Im just a simple guy. I dont drink, dont smoke, dont go out whoring. We moved to Australia have a nice life, she works hard.. saves a grand a week. I must be too boring for her, I think women sometimes need a reason to get angry at someone. Maybe because I havent given her a reason to get angry is making her angry. I think its related to me not wanting and kids although that was an "argument" we had months ago. I said OK we can have kids but i don't really want them. But that's not good enough.. she wants me to want to have them - started going on about all this naam jai stuff... not wanting to bring someone into the world, giving life etc. Said i wouldnt mind having Thai kids but not Australian kids, they dont appreciate Naam jai and often turn out to be selfish pricks . Well i cant see any way how to trick myself into wanting something that I dont. I rekon with women it doesnt really matter what you do.. theyve got some kind of in-built clock that makes them prone to suddenly wanting to change their lives every so many years. My mother was the same complete nutcase.

Ill just go back to my computer work, maybe clean the house up a bit, and hope it blows over.

Edited by BuffaloRescue

Oh Right.

Logical arguement cant win this one. Im not responsible for what i do when im alseep. Better just hope it blows over

You are ALWAYS responsible for EVERYTHING you do... or even DIDN'T do... even in your sleep, or did 40 years ago.

For those of you who have forgotten, here is a short list of rules to abide by, at all time, under all circumstances, unless you prefer being single.

The Rules:

The female always makes the rules.

The rules are subject to change at any time without prior notification.

No male can possibly know all the rules.

If the female suspects the male knows all the rules,

she must immediately change some or all of the rules.

The female is never wrong.

If the female is wrong, it is due to a misunderstanding

which was a direct result of something the male did or said wrong.

If Rule 6 applies, the male must apologize immediately for causing the misunderstanding.

The female may change her mind at any time.

The male must never change his mind without the expressed written consent of the female.

The female has every right to be angry or upset at any time.

The male must remain calm at all times, unless the female wants him to be angry or upset.

The female must, under no circumstance, let the male know

whether or not she wants him to be angry or upset.

The male is expected to mind read at all times.

If the female has PMS, all the rules are null and void.

The female is ready when she is ready.

The male must be ready at all times.

• Like 1

Oh Right.

For those of you who have forgotten, here is a short list of rules to abide by, at all time, under all circumstances, unless you prefer being single.

The Rules:

The female always makes the rules.

The rules are subject to change at any time without prior notification.

No male can possibly know all the rules.

If the female suspects the male knows all the rules,

she must immediately change some or all of the rules.

The female is never wrong.

If the female is wrong, it is due to a misunderstanding

which was a direct result of something the male did or said wrong.

If Rule 6 applies, the male must apologize immediately for causing the misunderstanding.

The female may change her mind at any time.

The male must never change his mind without the expressed written consent of the female.

The female has every right to be angry or upset at any time.

The male must remain calm at all times, unless the female wants him to be angry or upset.

The female must, under no circumstance, let the male know

whether or not she wants him to be angry or upset.

The male is expected to mind read at all times.

If the female has PMS, all the rules are null and void.

The female is ready when she is ready.

The male must be ready at all times.

Sounds a bit like something written at the s21 extermination camp in cambodia

I used to date a Thai girl who was convinced I was shagging another Thai girl because she dreamt it. She sulked for 2 days before I told her to do one. I can't put up with such nonsense. If she has left you over such a trivial matter as this then you are probably better off without her. Harsh but true.

I cant get my head around all this Naam jai... seer jai...and all these other jai things. Probably best not to try? For fear of going mad?

there are many of them, I read a book once called " Affairs of the Heart " that went through about 30 words with " jai " in there. It was pretty good as it gave good insight into how Thais think. ( or not ) .

The literal translation of sia jai is broken heart but I don't think it means the same as the English phrase "broken heart". It means to feel bad or to feel sorry, like if you find out someone's dog has died or their wife has left them. She seems to be expressing her sorrow for leaving you - I don't think it has anything to do with your dream.

Edited by edwardandtubs

Sia Jai means the hurt heart or sorrow.

Broken heart is Ock Ha as in Ock ha dee gwah ruk mai bpen (it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all - heartbreak better than never having love)

Sorry as in an apology would be Kor Toad.

If apologizing for leaving you she "probably" would use Kor toad. Sia jai "possibly" meant she was experiencing sorrow about something she or you did.

Hope that helps as not much to go on by way of context.

Sent from Android please excuse errors in type or judgement