Big Brother Youtube And Censorship

Dekchaimong

In Thailand, where I live I have some videos, from years ago recorded on an old Sony Camcorder. (Recorded in England - before I lived here in Thailand)

I spent a bit of time converting them into MP4 format (In Thailand Where I live) and decided to upload them onto Youtube (From Thailand Where I live) and post the links to my kids (They were in the videos years ago- in England - Before I came to live in Thailand - where I live and post from.)

Can you believe it? I get an e mail back from Youtube (To my home in Thailand - where I live - not to England as I moved to Thailand a long time ago and this is where I live, having strong links to Thailand not England.) telling me "Your video "XXXXX may have content that is owned or licensed by IODA, but it’s still available on YouTube! In some cases, ads may appear next to it.

Who the hell is the IODA, and why would these shits seem to think they have a claim on a personal video! Jesus, it is time to reclaim freedom of speech and freedom of rights from these money grabbing bastards! Unbelievable.In Thailand where I live!

And no, I have no audio that would be copyrighted, unless you class "Who let the Dogs Out" playing in the background as an infringment - and if this is the case these people should be ever so slowly roasted alive on a spit!

Thailand.

Thailand

Thailand

Actually, I suspect that IODA WOULD class playing "Who let the dogs out" as a potential copyright infringement.

IODA is operated by Sony who are also copyright owners of Baha Men material.

Let's try this in Technology.

They are correct. If your video has that song playing in the background it does indeed infringe the increasingly insane copyright laws. Unfortunately the madness is going to get worse before it gets better, because Joe Public doesn't care - until it's too late.

I have numerous videos on utube all with copyrighted soundtracks.if they turn your soundtrack off just go to the dispute page and they turn it back on.there are videos on how you do it in u tube.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

As woody087 says, there are ways of getting around it. Lots of guides on the net (and youtube) on the process (which is short and easy via the dispute page). Youtube are just covering their asses so any blame is shifted onto you regarding copyrighted material.

"Jesus, it is time to reclaim freedom of speech and freedom of rights from these money grabbing bastards! "

Did you pay to post these on YouTube? So how is YouTube enforcing potential copyright violations, which could shut them down, a violation of your right to freedom of speech? By the way, as you reiterated that you now live in Thailand with no connection to England, you follow the rules of Thailand, of which freedom of speech is strictly controlled!

Yeah it is probably the song. They have software looking for it.

Also, this is often done by software, the messages. Sometimes even just the description or title is enough o trigger a message.