Cambodia Visa Run (Poi Pet)

It's my first time i have decided to go to the boarder of Cambodia by myself, i usually use Jacks to go with but i'm going to take this opportunity to stretch the legs of my new Motorbike and i'll enjoy the ride smile.png

Having been a few times with the above mentioned tour company, i'm familiar with the step by step procedure, bar one. The application of a Cambodian visa?

1) What price should i be paying on the boarder for this Cambodian visa?

2) I have heard there is an Embassy somewhere before the boarder where i can obtain a Cambodian Visa in advance, would it be best to obtain one from here?

3) Am i correct in thinking that paying a fine because i haven't stayed in Cambodia over night is just the way of the corrupt boarder officers?

Thanks for you help, Karl.

Edited by karlos

Just found the link for the e-visa myself....... $59.39, 2000Baht :S

I think i'll try to find the Cambodian embassy before the border, or stand firm with the price i should be paying at the border for the Cambodian visa :)

But they are also Cambodian holidays.

Ohh...

The Songkran holidays are also celebrated by Cambodia?

Even if i go to the border on Monday 16th with intent on purchasing a Cambodian visa from the consulate near by, i might not get one due to the Thai holidays?

Edited by karlos

I've decided against the Evisa if the Thai holidays will Affect the length of my application.

I will still be able to obtain a Cambodian visa between the borders, right? If not there will be hundred of people stuck there until the holidays are over.

If i can get a visa between the borders is it best to hand over a $20 note or the equivalent in Thai baht (620ish Baht)?

Thanks for your advice :)

Yes you can still get a visa on arrival as normal. I don't know what such a visa costs.

Thank you for the confirmation.

I'll avoid the hustlers and hope to pay a fair price for the visa :)

Just one more question before i part from this thread.

Where is the building i need to apply for the Visa?

I ask because i don't want to be hurried into the wrong building and end up paying twice as much as i should.

offtopic2.gif

Karlos is it wise to go Solo now because Song Kran will be on the 16th in Full Swing, and driving on a Bike to Aranyaprathet or where ever you may go may not be as pleasant as you thought

Just my 2 cents

jap.gif

Edited by MJCM

offtopic2.gif

Karlos is it wise to go Solo now because Song Kran will be on the 16th in Full Swing, and driving on a Bike to Aranyaprathet or where ever you may go may not be as pleasant as you thought

Just my 2 cents

jap.gif

Thank you for your concern. I will be leaving the outskirts of Bangkok before the masses wake up, my home is situated close to the 304, so even when i return i won't be hassled by the mod so Songkraners, the only place i predict that i'll encounter issues will be on the return leg when exiting Aranyaprathet. I'll make sure i have plenty of water myself and cloth to clear my visor while exiting the town at a very slow speed.

Caution, a slow speed and the assistance of my ABS should help me survive the day :D