Can Anyone Recommend Me A Good Builder

UKJASE

hey guys - we need a floor laying, a wall knocking through, a roof extending and a door putting in

can anyone recommend a builder in the area please?

thanks in advance and happy song khran jap.gif

Hey Guys - we are still looking for a couple of recommendations on some local builders...... can anyone give us a lead or two, so we can get some quotes for the work we need doing?

we have one guy coming to give us a quote, that my mate recommended, but we could do with a couple more

anyone perhaps heard that a certain company is good, even if they have not used them themselves?

come on HH - u must know someone.... a man of your upstanding in the community thumbsup.gif

if i cant get recommendations on here, how would u advise i find a couple of builders so i can get 2 or 3 quotes mate??

google search, phone book, visit some building sites........??

I honestly don't know. I've been here eight years and have never truly been happy with any work I've had done on the house. There are no licenses or inspections here and anyone can call themselves a carpenter, painter, electrician, plumber and just start working. I go through exactly what you are going through every time I need any work done on my home. My wife ends up finding someone through the Thai grapevine and I'm never happy with the result... I don't think we've ever used the same people twice for that reason... and there's no recourse here. You end up paying for a bad job to keep from getting shot.

gee this is sounding tricky!! so basically it will be hard to find a good builder here, but important to find one that cannot shoot straight!! jerk.gif

i am tempted to tackle the job with my mate, but if it is a poor finish, we will stil get shot..... by my mrs

if i do get lucky and find someone HH i will be sure to pass on their details to you...... my mate had a resort built by an excellent builder he said, and at a good rate, but he is in demand by the sounds of it, and hard to get him to get round for a quote....... he is meant to be coming 2moro.... coffee1.gif

Yes, please do pass it on if you find someone, especially someone who will do small jobs. I do actually know one Thai builder too that comes highly recommended and finished my home build six years ago when I fired the original builder, but they only do big jobs or complete builds and are usually booked up as well.

It is usually trial and error with builders for small jobs as most good builders do not want to do them. Sorry have no recomendatiuons other than talking to someone working on a job locally , you can see the standard of their work and also they are probably interested in doing the job as they are local.

Beware of guys who turn up with their bag of tools on the handle of a motor bike. These guys will tell you they can do everything but usually cann't.

Not sure if you have found anyone yet mate. But it sounds like most of the work can be done by a carpenter.

As you, and others, have noted, most builders are not worth talking to and i remember hearing some stories in the local papers of people being shot by disgruntled workers when told their work was not up to standards, so probably better to stick with foreign managed operations.

I do know there is a new company in town with a factory somewhere out near Tesco in Pranburi. I am told they are foreign managed and are fairly reputable.

I have just googled them and it seems they are called East Furniture & Interiors. A friend of mine who bought at The Falls in Hua Hin said they were very reliable.

I would be interested to know if you got anywhere with builders/carpenters as I will soon be on the look out too.

Not sure if you have found anyone yet mate. But it sounds like most of the work can be done by a carpenter.

As you, and others, have noted, most builders are not worth talking to and i remember hearing some stories in the local papers of people being shot by disgruntled workers when told their work was not up to standards, so probably better to stick with foreign managed operations.

I do know there is a new company in town with a factory somewhere out near Tesco in Pranburi. I am told they are foreign managed and are fairly reputable.

I have just googled them and it seems they are called East Furniture & Interiors. A friend of mine who bought at The Falls in Hua Hin said they were very reliable.

I would be interested to know if you got anywhere with builders/carpenters as I will soon be on the look out too.

Yes but not Hua Hin its a town down the road, "Classic"

I know a company that does also smaller jobs all around Hua Hin.

They are selective on the work but charge very fairly by square meter of work and get the job done nicely. Easy to communicate.

They did the full renovation of my Villa couple months ago and it worked out well. Now they are also building full houses and condos for for both foreigners and Thais.

International with teams in many areas of construction like interior, concrete work, finishing and all that.

Will check their contact info and send you here later.

hey guys - thanks for your responses.....

we did manage to find a builder who, so far, seems quite good, although he does seem very busy too, and it's hard to get him to make a start tho...... but i suppose that is a good sign

he is from pranburi, and he was recommended by my mate who has known him for 7 years and used him as a builder for a year or so

for the following "15 m2 floor laying, a wall knocking through, a roof extending and a door putting in" he has quoted less than 20,000B, so we are happy with the price

just got to get him pinned down to a date that he can do the work

my project manager mate, who oversees villa development etc, also recommended me a couple of builders, but we havent contacted them yet...... if anyone needs any of their numbers then pls PM me

Out of curiosity, I talked with the Manco, that is the team that did the work for my villa.

They had a very good idea of the square meter cost for example for the floor laying and costs for all items and work.

They told me that if I can just give them the simple list of all the work needed and the sizes of all areas, they can also make a proposal and can start the work when ever.

They have the man power, tools etc here in Hua Hin on their other projects but can take a small job on the side as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, I talked with the Manco, that is the team that did the work for my villa.

They had a very good idea of the square meter cost for example for the floor laying and costs for all items and work.

They told me that if I can just give them the simple list of all the work needed and the sizes of all areas, they can also make a proposal and can start the work when ever.

They have the man power, tools etc here in Hua Hin on their other projects but can take a small job on the side as well.

Am in the market for a relatively small job immediately, leading a complete smallish house build on same site as soon as first job finished.

Could you give me contact details for Manco please?