Exiled Thaksin Inches Closer To Return To Thailand

george

This 300 baht wage was definitely due to Taksin

I agree that the 300B/day immediate & universal minimum-wage was a cornerstone of the PTP pre-election platform, and we're all familiar with the claim that "Thaksin Thinks, Pheu Thai Acts", so you can perhaps claim the credit for the policy, on his behalf.

And it remained PTP official-policy for at least a couple of weeks after the election.

But then someone changed their mind, and said that only 7 (out of 77) provinces would get the new minimum-wage, and lo ! PTP official-policy changed.

Do you recall who it was, that decided and announced that change, which robbed the vast-majority of the Thai poor of their promised increase, and which had helped win the election for PTP ?

Not the evil Dems, not the amart or coupist-villains, not PTP or soon-to-be PM-Yingluck, but Thaksin, changing his mind in Dubai.

Do you not understand how many farangs therefore see him, as somewhat-less than the 'hero of the poor', which some would have us believe ?

Do you recall the assassination attempt when his plane was bombed before he boarded the plane. Of course he has a private jet - there are some elite yellow brigade mussolini dictatorship types who would love to see him assassinated. He and his supporters brought democrcacy to Thailand thorugh the electoral system by standing up to the army and its coups. This guy will go down in history as one of the worlds greatest heroes in modern history.

No, but I do recall that the subsequent investigation of the fire by the US's NTSB & FBI found no evidence of a bomb, and eventually concluded that fuel-fumes in the aircraft's empty centre wing tank had exploded, the FAA & Boeing eventually issued guidelines that aircraft with empty tanks should not run their air-con for too long, due to the risk.

Similar accidents had also occurred with a Phillipine Airlines B737 and a TWA B747.

Of course Thaksin had initially jumped to the conclusion, that he was being targeted personally, however this turned out merely to be normal paranoia. cool.png

Edit to add : sorry, hadn't seen that this point had already been corrected by other posters as well, perhaps Heiwa will shortly accept his mistake, on this point ?

Bump ... do you now accept that you were wrong yesterday, when you said "his plane was bombed before he boarded" ? Or are the rest of us imagining the NTSB & FBI investigations ? cool.png

The minumum wage has been upped to 300 bhat in 7 provinces and by 39.5 % in the other provinces and this is a decision of the wage commission made of of representatives from the employers, workers, and government.

The final word on the minimum wage is made by this 3-party wage commission and not by the government.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No actually true story Thai husband was with her and said in front of me - I have two farang husbands, and begged me to find her a third one. She was most overly desperate. They had mud floors in their shacks - and a lot of the surrounding land was no longer farmable. There is poverty in thailand if farang would care to look - and while they are looking they can easily find themselves a wife - no need to go to go to red light districts like Nana to find a wife. Go upcountry and you will be besieged with offers of marriage. Also many a woman would grab me by the arm and say to me find me a farang husband - extremely old and ugly OK. It was hard to beat them off. Yes, I have been amongst Thai people - in the rural areas - not sitting in 5 star hotels.

Please look up the dictionary definition of "parasite." If I need a leech, I'll go for a walk in a swamp.

If land is no longer sufficiently arable to support a farmer's required lifestyle, the answer is to change employment. This is sometimes referred to as an agrarian revolution, paraphrased as "Get a haircut and get a real job!"

The current govt's answer is to offer increasingly unaffordable subsidies, merely delaying the inevitable, in exchange for votes.

Thaksin is a scumbag, but so are all thai politicians.

He has been a smarter scumbag than the rest of them, that's all.

Time is on his side, he knows it, and patiently waits for the inevitable to occur.

He also has an inevitable conclusion. It may be closer than he thinks.

Thaksin is a scumbag, but so are all thai politicians.

He has been a smarter scumbag than the rest of them, that's all.

Time is on his side, he knows it, and patiently waits for the inevitable to occur.

He also has an inevitable conclusion. It may be closer than he thinks.

Please elaborate

begin removed, sorry too many quotes

The minumum wage has been upped to 300 bhat in 7 provinces and by 39.5 % in the other provinces and this is a decision of the wage commission made of of representatives from the employers, workers, and government.

The final word on the minimum wage is made by this 3-party wage commission and not by the government.

That seems rather naïve, dear Tom

Plus instruction and implementation are beasts of two different colours.

That's also the number that crossed over the border in buses. A lot less than expected.

Unlike farangs who seem to think that they do not have to comply with immigration directives, the Thais paid heed to the Laotian government's strict conditions on how many people would be allowed into Laos. What did you want the Thais to do? pretend they were farangs and just push their way in?

Oh puleeeeezzzzzzzz Geriatrikid, give the apologist stuff a break.

He can't.

That's also the number that crossed over the border in buses. A lot less than expected.

Unlike farangs who seem to think that they do not have to comply with immigration directives, the Thais paid heed to the Laotian government's strict conditions on how many people would be allowed into Laos. What did you want the Thais to do? pretend they were farangs and just push their way in?

Come on g'kid, you can do better than this nonsense excuse.

He can't.

You go out there in the land man - some people are suffering. Do your research. Go to rural areas and find it for yourself. I am not someone who tells lies. From what I saw they looked extremely destitute. Sure they would not starve - but is chewing on sticky rice living? You see how they leave the old people almost to die. They just chew on the betel nuts. They really did not seem to care about the oldest people at all. They left them with the worst options for eating. Remember their red teeth. Not a pretty sight. I would die of boredom eating sticky rice and looking at a hot arid dust bowl. No wonder the farang husband is such a good catch. Answer to their prayers. Can not blame them for thinking Taksin their saviour and hero even if he does not live their harsh realilty. They accept him and his wealth. Surely gave them hope. Gave them a 300 baht wage. My god - that must have put a smile on their faces. You go out in the land man - many of these woman have several husbands - problem is whatever money they get - they spend so dam_n quick - big parties - and they like beer more than cheap whiskey. 20,000 baht can go in several days. It's like they are burning cash. One farang husband had sent an SMS that the Thai wife and Thai husband could not read. God knows why he sent it in English. Said - honey I just sent you 20,000 baht last week. Why do you need money so soon again. I had to explain in Laos language what her husband's sms said. She was a Thai Laos but she told me her Thai was not so good so we agreed to speak in Laos. Yes, Thai literacy would be a good start.

This has to be some of the funniest stuff I've read lately. A woman has one Thai husband and two farang husbands, ands wants another farang husband, because she is so poor. One of the farang husbands tells her that he had already sent 20k baht and asks her why she wants more. Yet you are dead serious about being concerned about how she and others are suffering.

You go out there in the land man - some people are suffering. Do your research. Go to rural areas and find it for yourself. I am not someone who tells lies. From what I saw they looked extremely destitute. Sure they would not starve - but is chewing on sticky rice living? You see how they leave the old people almost to die. They just chew on the betel nuts. They really did not seem to care about the oldest people at all. They left them with the worst options for eating. Remember their red teeth. Not a pretty sight. I would die of boredom eating sticky rice and looking at a hot arid dust bowl. No wonder the farang husband is such a good catch. Answer to their prayers. Can not blame them for thinking Taksin their saviour and hero even if he does not live their harsh realilty. They accept him and his wealth. Surely gave them hope. Gave them a 300 baht wage. My god - that must have put a smile on their faces. You go out in the land man - many of these woman have several husbands - problem is whatever money they get - they spend so dam_n quick - big parties - and they like beer more than cheap whiskey. 20,000 baht can go in several days. It's like they are burning cash. One farang husband had sent an SMS that the Thai wife and Thai husband could not read. God knows why he sent it in English. Said - honey I just sent you 20,000 baht last week. Why do you need money so soon again. I had to explain in Laos language what her husband's sms said. She was a Thai Laos but she told me her Thai was not so good so we agreed to speak in Laos. Yes, Thai literacy would be a good start.

This has to be some of the funniest stuff I've read lately.

Yes it is.

And I will now make a slightly more polite comment on the first part of that post, more polite than yesterday anyway.

If this poster wants to see real poverty and suffering, I would strongly suggest that he makes a little trip to any one of the major cities in Cambodia, while there, ask one of the friendly tuk-tuk drivers (yes they are friendly there, and most have a very good command of the English language) ask one to take you to where the tourists never go, then you will see real poverty.

The rest of the post I will refrain from commenting on.

naïve ?

It happens to be the system in Thailand.

It never ceases to amaze me at the venomous accusations thrown at Thaksin by persons on Thai Visa.

Yes, visitors to this country who really have no right to carry on in this way. Some even to the point of suggesting assassination ! This is outright incitement which should be rewarded with a jail term. They constantly whinge about Thaksin even though its nothing to do with them and therefore none of their business. They accuse him of everything that they can think of, they fail to compare some of the corruption perpetrated by the likes of Suthep and others of the Democrat party who in their eyes are "squeeky" clean and can do no wrong. Foreigners can have no say in Thai politics so should just shut up. And as for those scum who are talking of assassination, should be banned in TV, its really shameful that the mods let it through when they suspend others who sometimes make genuine mistakes.

• Like 2

Hey there, Old Sailor:

post-37101-0-60189000-1334347563_thumb.j

Please don't put the masses of expat critics of Thaksinistas and redshirts (the majority of expats according to polling) in the same boat as a very small number of extremists who would post about assassinating anybody! Also, it's totally specious to suggest anti-Thaksinistas consider any Thai politician as squeaky clean. Nice try. Actually, not nice at all ...

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Hey there, Old Sailor:

Please don't put the masses of expat critics of Thaksinistas and redshirts (the majority of expats according to polling) in the same boat as a very small number of extremists who would post about assassinating anybody! Also, it's totally specious to suggest anti-Thaksinistas consider any Thai politician as squeaky clean. Nice try. Actually, not nice at all ...

Who gave you my photo angry.png

• Like 1

Hey there, Old Sailor:

Who gave you my photo ? angry.png

This so-called rumour of an assassination threat sounds like BS to me. Just something they would have made up to bolster the Red Shirts stuffy importance of their Dear Leader.

They are desperate to make Thaksin seem more hated than he is. To stirr more sentiments to support him. However, like a few posters have already said, support among the people who were fooled into voting for this farce of a cabinet are starting to see what the real deal is.

Pheu Thai really means Pheu Shinawatra.

If there really was a plot to assassinate him, they could have tried, and probably succeeded a long time ago.

However, the people who might go for such drastic measures understand that doing so would seriously backfire.

He would be come a martyr.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were attempts to assassinate Thaksin. Assuming what I read is true he makes a lot of the decisions for the government, finances the PTP. Despite not having political ambitions and wanting to keep a low profile for the benefit of Thailand and its people he seems to do the opposite. He is so important to the PTP and the government getting rid of him would almost certainly have a serious affect. What is less certain is would the PTP and government struggle without him to rally around or would he become as others have said, a martyr and strengthen his followers. Either way I'm sure there are people who hate him enough to either be certain the government would collapse without him or that killing him would be reason enough on its own. Of course if he came back and served all or at least a significant part of his prison sentence he would gain a lot of support and although he would still have a lot of questions to answer it would take a lot of the force out of opposition complaints against him.

If there are assassins out there I'm not sure trusting to luck and an amulet is the way to go. Isn't that what most Thai road users do and look what happens to around 14,000 of those every year?

It never ceases to amaze me at the venomous accusations thrown at Thaksin by persons on Thai Visa.

Yes, visitors to this country who really have no right to carry on in this way. Some even to the point of suggesting assassination ! This is outright incitement which should be rewarded with a jail term. They constantly whinge about Thaksin even though its nothing to do with them and therefore none of their business. They accuse him of everything that they can think of, they fail to compare some of the corruption perpetrated by the likes of Suthep and others of the Democrat party who in their eyes are "squeeky" clean and can do no wrong. Foreigners can have no say in Thai politics so should just shut up. And as for those scum who are talking of assassination, should be banned in TV, its really shameful that the mods let it through when they suspend others who sometimes make genuine mistakes.

This isn't Thailand it's the internet, where people often gather to give opinions. You have no say on how the internet is run so maybe you should shut up if you want to follow your own advice.

For most of the foreigners on here they have will have an interest in what happens as they may be living here or investing here and many have family here.

In my opinion you are right that people shouldn't incite violence although I don't know if that is against Thai law but I seem to remember there was a lot of incitement to violence during the red shirt protests. I haven't checked to see if anyone has actually suggested that Thaksin should be assassinated by the way.

You're also right that others have been corrupt as well and should be dealt with the same but it's noticeable that the Thaksin / PTP supporters usually complain about posters accusations aimed at Thaksin in threads on this forum that arise out of news stories. Why are there so few, if any stories or threads about corruption in the opposition?

Edited by kimamey
  • Like 2

This isn't Thailand it's the internet, where people often gather to give opinions. You have no say on how the internet is run so maybe you should shut up if you want to follow your own advice.

For most of the foreigners on here they have will have an interest in what happens as they may be living here or investing here and many have family here.

In my opinion you are right that people shouldn't incite violence although I don't know if that is against Thai law but I seem to remember there was a lot of incitement to violence during the red shirt protests. I haven't checked to see if anyone has actually suggested that Thaksin should be assassinated by the way.

You're also right that others have been corrupt as well and should be dealt with the same but it's noticeable that the Thaksin / PTP supporters usually complain about posters accusations aimed at Thaksin in threads on this forum that arise out of news stories. Why are there so few, if any stories or threads about corruption in the opposition?

Well when you've got the Nation as your primary news source.....

naïve ?

It happens to be the system in Thailand.

Tom let me explain how a tri-partite wage commission works. One side represents the workers and is all for massive pay rises. One side represents the bosses and advocates maximum restraint. The 3rd element represents the government and supposedly decides what the country can afford.

Enter populist policies and ill-considered vote-buying, Who cares if it stuffs the economy it gets us back in power.

As the first 2 sides are a constant, and the only the 3rd a variable claiming that the decision is not one made by the government is not naive, it is obfuscation, prevarication, being economic with the truth, or plain old Anglo-Saxon BS.

• Like 1

This so-called rumour of an assassination threat sounds like BS to me. Just something they would have made up to bolster the Red Shirts stuffy importance of their Dear Leader.

They are desperate to make Thaksin seem more hated than he is. To stirr more sentiments to support him. However, like a few posters have already said, support among the people who were fooled into voting for this farce of a cabinet are starting to see what the real deal is.

Pheu Thai really means Pheu Shinawatra.

If there really was a plot to assassinate him, they could have tried, and probably succeeded a long time ago.

However, the people who might go for such drastic measures understand that doing so would seriously backfire.

He would be come a martyr.

It wouldn't surprise me if there were attempts to assassinate Thaksin. Assuming what I read is true he makes a lot of the decisions for the government, finances the PTP. Despite not having political ambitions and wanting to keep a low profile for the benefit of Thailand and its people he seems to do the opposite. He is so important to the PTP and the government getting rid of him would almost certainly have a serious affect. What is less certain is would the PTP and government struggle without him to rally around or would he become as others have said, a martyr and strengthen his followers. Either way I'm sure there are people who hate him enough to either be certain the government would collapse without him or that killing him would be reason enough on its own. Of course if he came back and served all or at least a significant part of his prison sentence he would gain a lot of support and although he would still have a lot of questions to answer it would take a lot of the force out of opposition complaints against him.

If there are assassins out there I'm not sure trusting to luck and an amulet is the way to go. Isn't that what most Thai road users do and look what happens to around 14,000 of those every year?

Oh, there's definitely assassins out there. One of several threads:

Thai Police Hunt 75 'Hitmen' Ahead Of Election

btw, Sae Daeng relied on luck and an amulet but it didn't stop a bullet to the brain.

(and before old sailor soils his dress white uniform, I'm not advocating it)

Edited by Buchholz

Foreigners can have no say in Thai politics so should just shut up.

We can not vote, we can have a say. Through this forum for example, or through discussions with our friends and (Thai) relatives.

Kind of scary to read your 'shut up' remark.

If the decision is made by the wage commission, why did PTP ever announce a different decision (immediate & universal rate of 300B/day) as a major pre-election platform-promise, and why did Thaksin announce the new reduced-deal from Dubai ?

With respect, I think you are confusing the rubber-stamp with the decision-maker.

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 1

Foreigners can have no say in Thai politics so should just shut up.

We can not vote, we can have a say. Through this forum for example, or through discussions with our friends and (Thai) relatives.

Kind of scary to read your 'shut up' remark.

Scary, but not surprising as variations of that old chestnut gets tossed out on at least a weekly basis.

:rolleyes:

Always amusing to read a post saying no one should post.

:lol:

You, as a member, can post news from other news sources in pre-existing threads.

You, as a member, can also post news from other news sources as an original thread in General forum and request it be moved to News forum.

"This is the most exciting moment of my life. When I see him, I want to tell him to fight, fight and to hurry back home," said red shirt Somboon Chaiyasuth, wearing a T-shirt and necklace bearing pictures of a smiling Thaksin.

I wonder if the red shirts languishing away in prison, convicted for crimes they were instructed to commit by Thakin's minions (Jutaporn, Arisman, et al) have the same opinion of the messiah? They have been totally abandoned now that they served their "useful idiot" purpose.

Edited by pimay11

This has to be some of the funniest stuff I've read lately.

Yes it is.

And I will now make a slightly more polite comment on the first part of that post, more polite than yesterday anyway.

If this poster wants to see real poverty and suffering, I would strongly suggest that he makes a little trip to any one of the major cities in Cambodia, while there, ask one of the friendly tuk-tuk drivers (yes they are friendly there, and most have a very good command of the English language)ask one to take you to where the tourists never go, then you will see real poverty.

The rest of the post I will refrain from commenting on.

Would that be the chicken farm ?

I took a shortcut down a lane in Phnom Phehn, just one street from the riverfront, on my way back to my hotel one night. The lane was very dark with no lighting it took me several meters in til my eyes becames accustom to it. First the smell hit me the lane was like an open sewer, with liquid excretia covering it and piles of rubbish strewn around. I then notice movements, rats were everywhere, crawling through the rubbish piles and running back and forth across the lane, I was concerned I would be bitten as they showed no fear of me. I was at the point of no return when I notice one of the large piles of rubbish move, it was then that I realised that much of what I thought was rubbish were people sleeping on pallets or carboard. It was my first experience with extreme poverty like that and thankfull I live in a country with a social security safety net.

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

You, as a member, can post news from other news sources in pre-existing threads.

You, as a member, can also post news from other news sources as an original thread in General forum and request it be moved to News forum.

Sounds like hard work. biggrin.png