Thailand Falls 5 Places In Investment Risk Rankings

webfact

No big surprise here . . . . . so where is the SAFEST investment destination . . . . or is that a secret???

Sweden

Based on what ? More info, please.

See www.euromoneycountryrisk.com for details of the scoring system and the specific results for Sweden.

I think you need to register with the site to access the full results, but it's quick and free

There are quite a number of these international comparison surveys around, of varying credibility. This one has some features that set it apart a little:

1. Most of these surveys release results + report once annually so the results are often out-of-date. The participants in this survey assign scores on an ongoing basis (adjusting as often as they wish) and the results are live on the web site right away

2. Most of these international surveys are based on a set of statistical indicators, either wholly or partly .. as the indicators are only released periodically and well after the fact, this adds to a further time lag in the results becoming available. This Euromoney survey, however, is based entirely on the views of people working in the field who are acqainted with each country.

What the Nation won't show is the list. I can't understand the coment on Mrs Y? Much of the disaster felief that was put in place for the floods in Bangkok was put there by the previous government?

The Nation's reporting is usually disjointed; they haven't disapointed with this story. Its a shame that TV readers have to put up with this diatribe of poor information. They could have expanded this to be a reasonable report.

Yeah, I guess there is some sort of business arrangement with the Nation. Sadly, there are far, far better sources of Thai related information (even in English, say, from MCOT). The Nation is likely the worst. Most of their articles seem written by high school kids.

Political instability,corruption, and disaster risks will do that to a country.

That sounds like Greece.........

Greece has corruption at a different level or different caliber and as a guest there as we are in thailand would,nt be so noticable..ie not slapped in your face around every corner, Still not many companys invest in greece i think mostly because of the similar work ethics to the thais,

I lived in greece for 14 years..built a house, invested and worked, I have many friends there who did similar or in many cases more extravagant and risky investments which they or i would never even contemplate in thailand,

Apart from government corruption and work ethics there is little to compare between thailand and greece.

Edited as i just now remembered the similar driving style and lack of concern for safety...condition of government hospitals or emergency services...ah f#ck it...they are comparable.

clap2.gifbiggrin.png I got a good laugh out of your post. I haven't been to Greece but have been reading some of the reports that have surfaced. I agree what the Greek Govt. did and the ethics that appear common thru Greek Society contibuted to its current low ranking; however having lived in Thailand I do think they are a quite a bit better than the Greek economy.

What I did see was most Greek GP's earnt less than 12,000 euros; so they didn't have to pay tax?