Water Prices In Pattaya Cheaters In Condominiums?

Sandman77

Hello!

I was around 3 month in a condo

In Chiang may I pay for 2 people including shower every day and laundry clean only 86 bath moving to Pattaya was in the beginning first month 800 bath then in the following month nearly 1500 bath for water is the water in south realy 10 times more expensive then in the south?

I think that the water clock mostly not work correct or you pay the bill from owner before when not has been reseted this was the last time I go to a condo a room with daily clean and all include lite and water Is cheaper without any problems!

Normal price for water is around 100 baht . The owner is cheating you.

If I were you I would move asap and check the prices for water and electricity before you sign any contract.

Edited by balo

Water prices are more expensive in a condo.

Usually they charge a minimum of THB 150-THB 200 per person or THB 25-30 per unit.

THB 1500 or even THB 3000 is theft and should be reported to the police.

The government charge is somewhat between THB 7 and THB 9 per unit.

The government doesn't charge between 7 and 9 Baht unit for water. Or are you confused between water and Electric even then it's way too much !!

Direct Info from the PWA Website (Updated April 2555)

http://pwa.co.th/ser...ariff_rate.html (Just look under Pattaya and under Housing) if you can't read Thai here the Google site

http://translate.goo...te.html&act=url

Units 0 - 10 11.52 THB Per Unit

Units 11- 20 13.99 THB Per Unit

Units 21-30 16.49 THB Per Unit

Units 31-50 18.56 THB Per Unit

Units 51-80 19.42 THB Per Unit

Units 81-100 19.82 THB Per Unit

Edit : //

Note to the OP, if you are paying around 1500 THB, then (using the above pricing scale) you must have used around 80 Units (where 1 Unit is 1000 Liters) or 80.000 Liters.

What price per unit are you paying ? Even at 30 THB a Unit, you would have used 50 Units (1500 / 30) that's still 50.000 Liters of water. As other members already mentioned they are ripping you off, or you must have a major water leak, or a swimming pool in your Condo ;)

Edited by MJCM

Water prices are more expensive in a condo.

Usually they charge a minimum of THB 150-THB 200 per person or THB 25-30 per unit.

THB 1500 or even THB 3000 is theft and should be reported to the police.

Until recently my own condo was paying the water authority 27.5 Baht /Unit because they were charging us the same as heavy industry based on amount of water used

When we got a new manager the committee asked the rate be checked as we thought we were paying too much, consequently the manager got the rate reduced to the same as a commercial enterprise which I think is 25 Baht /Unit

As houses use only a small amount they are charged residential rates ie 7 or 9 baht, its not the condo ripping you off, its Chonburi water authority

Edited by wobblyjohn

I've stayed in several condo's around pattaya over the years and the water bill has varied from 80-150baht per month for one person, showers - washing dishes - toilet flushing, had a washing machine at one point hence 150baht, as mentioned already - you either have a major leak - faulty meter or are being charged an encredible rate for your water, first thing I would do is ask a neighbour what they are paying then is drastically different then you need to investigate the meter and or check for a leak, toilets are notorious leakers in Thailand, look and see if there is a constant flow (ripples) long after you have flushed.

ridiculously excessive ...i work on a ship 28 people ....with showers ...depending on the climate and washing machine use it runs to about 6 to 7 thousand litres a day 6 or 7 tonne of water two people in a condo u would have to leave a tap running all night to get to around 2 ton of water ...u r being ripped off by the owner cheers

remember the water needs to be pumped to the top of the condo so that it may flow. Pumping water does use a lot of electricity so costs of double that of home supply are reasonable.

rubbish - 1 pump 1 water tank on condo roof and many many rooms/people sharing the cost, never checked a pump but I'd guess no more than 1kw and it is only on when the water level requires it, I live in a condo and my water bill is never more than 100b/month and have lived in others over the years and same - the OP is being either totally ripped off or he has a major leak somewhere

1 simple answer=broken meter, just call the water company and ask them to check the meter.

Alternatively, write down the readings yourself and see what you have been charged and take it up with the condo.

Some condo owners, offer cheap rent but charge double or triple for utilities.

In my hotel of 17 rooms, my water bills are 5000 per month, while my house is 120 per month

Doing simple maths, bills for hotel should be around 2000-3000 but its almost double that.

Checked the meter and it fine, as it turns out, there is a leak somewhere in the water tank(holding bay) under the building,impossible to find or fix without taking out the entire ground floor

FYI i have a waterfall and fish pond that i have to fill every other day and a tropical garden that requires daily watering. This is a home that has a dishwasher and washing machine that is in constant use and our bills are about the same as yours. Does he smile when he hands you the bill?biggrin.png