Yingluck To Miss Charter Debate For China, Japan

webfact

begin removed

It has already been stated in this thread, the absence of Yingluck is of no real importance, to many of the posters it is the act of complaint they are seeking........rather says it all

Sorry to break in like this without even having been invited, but ...

The 'has been stated ... absence ... no real importance" really says it all:

- to state is sufficient

- the PM has more important things to do than merely being in parliament, being elected by other MPs to be PM, to be the 'primus inter pares'.

Never mind, we can reach her 24/7/365 if really need be smile.png

I correct blinkered...in some cases totally blindfolded......did you per chance skip through the thread.....or read every post?.

Did you, dear chap or I'm I on your private 'ignore' list ?

Never mind, vaguely remember you writing once you posted for fun or the like. If I have nothing else to do tomorrow I might ever try to search for it.

Have fun with statements and facts smile.png

Edited by rubl

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was merely pointing out the obvious, "Change-you said, my point is what change ???? I am relaxed but have not seen any creditable performance yet in 8 months. you also said improvement--again tell me what advantages have been gained by Thai people. I ask you and anyone backing the (no faults government) to give me examples, I would love to believe, and I am being honest. People have different opinions here and there, BUT to stick by the titanic PTP makes MOST people wonder. I value your opinion BUT please take the blinkers off sometimes.

8 months

Excellent relationships with all Asean neighbours

Flooding asistance for Japanese firms praised by Japanese government - flood relief - land sought for over spill - actioned

Minimum wage - actioned - being phased in

Tablet computers - actioned - being phased in

Development for women - actioned - being phased in

Work in progress - Infrastructure - high speeed link a real possibilty

Work in progress - re-forrestation

Not bad for 8 months

Oh and I grant you one failure - return of Thaksin - not achieved - still at consultation level

makes you wonder what all the negative noise is about......coffee1.gif .

begin removed

It has already been stated in this thread, the absence of Yingluck is of no real importance, to many of the posters it is the act of complaint they are seeking........rather says it all

- to state is sufficient

- the PM has more important things to do than merely being in parliament, being elected by other MPs to be PM, to be the 'primus inter pares'.

I correct blinkered...in some cases totally blindfolded......did you per chance skip through the thread.....or read every post?.

Never mind, vaguely remember you writing once you posted for fun or the like. If I have nothing else to do tomorrow I might ever try to search for it.

Rubl I recall for sure you joining one thread and stating.....at post 175.....I have not read the thread......then going on to make a comment posted twice already.....this prompted my question.......fact

Edited by 473geo

Sorry but last time I checked Chai Chidchob, Supachai Jaisamut and Sonthi Boonyaratglin are not the Prime minister. While it is disappointing that they either did not vote or attend, to compare as it as the same as the PM is something only a "knuckle dragger" could do.

I suggest you take an introductory course to Thailand's political system. It seems to me that you don't understand how legislation is enacted in Thailand.

I understand how Thailand's political system works. i was trying to draw you attention to the fact that your comparison of mps and the Pm missing a reading is different. Yes there are 3 readings and as you have previously stated this reading is about the wording. Surely changing the wording of any bill could alter the whole meaning of the bill. For something as important as a bill that wants to change the charter on which the country is run i would expect the PM to be there.

Personally i think you have some delusions of grandeur yourself. You like to make yourself out to be more intellectual than the other posters on here but most of your posts reveal a distinct lack of intellect.

Edited by Throatwobbler
  • Like 2

- to state is sufficient

Rubl I recall for sure you joining one thread and stating.....at post 175.....I have not read the thread......then going on to make a comment posted twice already.....this prompted my question.......fact

1. This time I didn't say 'i have not read all'

2. I did contribute earlier in this thread

2a we're not at #175 yet

3. none of what i posted here was posted twice already

4. none of the posts convinced me the PM shouldn't be at an important debate, a debate important enough to postpone parliamentary summer holiday.

5. I must admit having her there or not having her there seems not to matter at all, like in other debates

6. PM's job is 24/7/365, we'll call or text if necessary. Mind you, a single call may spoil her plausible denyabily stance.

7. thanks for 'your' facts wai.gif

• Like 1

I was merely pointing out the obvious, "Change-you said, my point is what change ???? I am relaxed but have not seen any creditable performance yet in 8 months. you also said improvement--again tell me what advantages have been gained by Thai people. I ask you and anyone backing the (no faults government) to give me examples, I would love to believe, and I am being honest. People have different opinions here and there, BUT to stick by the titanic PTP makes MOST people wonder. I value your opinion BUT please take the blinkers off sometimes.

8 months

Flooding asistance for Japanese firms praised by Japanese government - flood relief - land sought for over spill - actioned

Not bad for 8 months

Oh and I grant you one failure - return of Thaksin - not achieved - still at consultation level

My dear chap, you simply don't get it; She is not qualified.

Mark is.

The reality GK, is that the PTP were elected with the understanding that Yingluck is the leader and as such would lead the government. That means Yingluck should take the fore and lead the discussions and actions of her government. If she wants to continue to shirk this position and run away overseas, (maybe its a family trait) then she should resign her position and become the minister for foriegn affairs.

NO. I explained it here. Please read and then criticize if you wish.

http://www.thaivisa....50#entry5218482

Using that logic GK why isnt the foriegn minister responsable for the portfolio of foriegn affairs? Why does Yingluck involve herself in his work? Her job is leadership but I see very little of this.

It becomes more and more obvious why she was awarded the Order of the White Elephant (special class)

His Majesty the King has bestowed the Knight Grand Cordon (Special Class) of the Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant on Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra. Do you have a problem with that? If your comment is a round about way of mocking the PM by ridiculing the decoration you demonstrate a profound ignorance. This is a prestigious award and few woman in Thailand earned it. When you ridicule this award you ridicule those people that were given this prestigious recognition. I suggest you look up who some of the holders are and then you apologize. It is not given out just for fun.

Yingluck has been awarded it twice since she came to office, and is the most common award given and is given for outstanding performance. But I think you will find it may be awarded by the cabinet of Thailand on behalf of the king.

Edited by waza

The responsibility for the safe passage of this important piece of policy lies directly at the feet of Yingluck. She must be in Parliament. If she is unable to be there, then passage should be delayed by a few days to allow her to go to this summit and return to preside over the debate. Or she should send Chalerm or a deputy to the summit to represent Thailand and she stays.

Yingluck 'the absent PM' . Her absence acknowledges her inherent weakness in her skills to successfully tackle to Democrats head on. This reminds me of those truck / van drivers that have an accident and then run away so they don't have to face the music.

Why does she have to be in the House for the debate? What would she say that cannot be said by other ministers?

Do you not think that she would be open to an accusation of a conflict of interest should the debate turn to references to Mr. Thaksin?

It is customary for board members, judges and others to recuse themselves from discussions when allegations of conflict of interest could arise.

Since she holds a public office, she should be present to *answer* questions about her conflict of interest. You have heard of governance I presume.

The reality GK, is that the PTP were elected with the understanding that Yingluck is the leader and as such would lead the government. That means Yingluck should take the fore and lead the discussions and actions of her government. If she wants to continue to shirk this position and run away overseas, (maybe its a family trait) then she should resign her position and become the minister for foriegn affairs.

Using that logic GK why isnt the foriegn minister responsable for the portfolio of foriegn affairs? Why does Yingluck involve herself in his work? Her job is leadership but I see very little of this.

For the same reason the PM of Canada led a major delegation to Thaland and South Korea 2 weeks ago. FM Baird handles day to day foreign affairs issues.

For the same reason the President of Brazil visited the USA last week to visit President Obama, while Secretary of State Clinton attends to other foreign issues..

For the same reason PM Cameron is on a tour of SE Asia and Secretary of State Willy Hague handles day to day foreign affairs.

Do I really need to give you a lesson in foreign affairs duties? This is something most high school students know.

It becomes more and more obvious why she was awarded the Order of the White Elephant (special class)

His Majesty the King has bestowed the Knight Grand Cordon (Special Class) of the Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant on Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra. Do you have a problem with that? If your comment is a round about way of mocking the PM by ridiculing the decoration you demonstrate a profound ignorance. This is a prestigious award and few woman in Thailand earned it. When you ridicule this award you ridicule those people that were given this prestigious recognition. I suggest you look up who some of the holders are and then you apologize. It is not given out just for fun.

Yingluck has been awarded it twice since she came to office, and is the most common award given and is given for outstanding performance. But I think you will find it may be awarded by the cabinet of Thailand on behalf of the king.

HM the King makes the final decision and it has been witheld in the past.

For the same reason the PM of Canada led a major delegation to Thaland and South Korea 2 weeks ago. FM Baird handles day to day foreign affairs issues.

For the same reason the President of Brazil visited the USA last week to visit President Obama, while Secretary of State Clinton attends to other foreign issues..

For the same reason PM Cameron is on a tour of SE Asia and Secretary of State Willy Hague handles day to day foreign affairs.

Do I really need to give you a lesson in foreign affairs duties? This is something most high school students know.

And Baht to a Satang that all those you mention would not be making trips abroad if they had a debate in their own parliaments about changing the fundamental laws of the countries they represent. None of them.

• Like 2

8 months

Not bad for 8 months

- Excellent relationships with all Asean neighbours

Maybe slightly less with Myanmar and Laos

- Flooding asistance for Japanese firms praised by Japanese government - flood relief - land sought for over spill - actioned

Thai people waiting for flood relief, but never mind

- Minimum wage - actioned - being phased in

Increase in cost of living seems to mean a possible increase in wage is equalled out.

- Tablet computers - actioned - being phased in

Any time now. School season starts mostly mid-May. Still schools without infrastructure, like the odd items of electricity, internet access, teachers trained what the heck to do, etc.

- Development for women - actioned - being phased in

Progress and significance unknown. Probably need to consult with big brother first

- Work in progress - Infrastructure - high speeed link a real possibilty

I assume high-speed rail link? Any time now, probably before the end of the decade.

- Work in progress - re-forrestation

Planting trees is not really the same as reforrestation

missing

- no more flooding, no more drought

no comment

- rice price pledging

cost of living increased, billions spent, a pity reached farmers

- 15,000 B/m payrise

delayed

- car loan for first time car owners

???

- loan for first time house buyers

delayed

- passport for k. Thaksin

hand delivered within two days even with the office flooded

- Charted amendment

being pushed through, no dialogue necessary

"Govt to announce achievements after 7 months in office on May 3; announcement will show it's achieved 50% of its campaign promises /TAN_Network"

http://www.thaivisa....2/#entry5217674

Your response Rubl provides a classic example of why you and those of identical opinion garner little respect........a totally uncompromising negative approach.....how sad...you will note Rubl that even with your additions there is not one project you can state is not going to happen......yet still you try to throw a negative slant.......good on PTP.....they may be out with their timing but they are surely giving it a good go.....

Edited by 473geo

Your response Rubl provides a classic example of why you and those of identical opinion garner little respect........a totally uncompromising negative approach.....how sad...you will note Rubl that even with your additions there is not one project you can state is not going to happen......yet still you try to throw a negative slant.......good on PTP.....they may be out with their timing but they are surely giving it a good go.....

Thanks for your opinion wai.gif

You will note that lots of the 'projects' were already being discussed or pursued. Some have been turned around a bit to make sure the right people profit, that's all sometimes smile.png

I have decided to create an award called the "Magnificent Order of the Yeti" for the PM least seen in parliament. Churchill has been obviously outclassed (despite his excuse of WWII) by members of the Shinawatra dynasty.

Anybody with accurate percentages will aid the presentation.

Edited by OzMick
  • Like 2

8 months

Not bad for 8 months

your answer tells me everything---you have stated in most--being phased in, WHY ???? these were to be in place SEPTEMBER ???---so many hick-ups what happened, lack of management==lack of funds==?? or just BULL from day one to get in. please don't joke, unless you tell me you are. I did state the things that were not NOW in place--the law of averages would have had some of the missions accomplished.

Why then are you condoning, and making excuses for your fledgling government. Just say they are failing a little but are trying hard would be nearer the truth. RUBI has answered fairly---and well. People do not have to be an Abhisit fan to criticize . To achieve their goals, Yingluck will have to attend these debates, DO NOT FORGET she has been missing before when it was important to attend.

8 months

Not bad for 8 months

- Flooding asistance for Japanese firms praised by Japanese government - flood relief - land sought for over spill - actioned

Increase in cost of living seems to mean a possible increase in wage is equalled out.

Any time now. School season starts mostly mid-May. Still schools without infrastructure, like the odd items of electricity, internet access, teachers trained what the heck to do, etc.

Progress and significance unknown. Probably need to consult with big brother first

I assume high-speed rail link? Any time now, probably before the end of the decade.

missing

no comment

- rice price pledging

- 15,000 B/m payrise

delayed

???

delayed

- Charted amendment

"Govt to announce achievements after 7 months in office on May 3; announcement will show it's achieved 50% of its campaign promises /TAN_Network"

I am afraid the list is going to be much longer in 6m. time.

You will note that lots of the 'projects' were already being discussed or pursued. Some have been turned around a bit to make sure the right people profit, that's all sometimes smile.png

You have proof of course of which of these "projects have been turned around a bit to make sure the right people profit". Please, feel free to show us what you know or is it just another throwaway line of no substance.

missing

no comment

- rice price pledging

- 15,000 B/m payrise

delayed

???

delayed

- Charted amendment

I am afraid the list is going to be much longer in 6m. time.

Forgotten:

- Healthcare

Back to 30Baht per visit rather than totally free. Burden on HC infrastructure as admin costs more.

It's not the lenght of the list, it's the status of the items smile.png

Edited by rubl

Indeed Rubl the democrats showed 'promise'.......but appear to have failed to action or deliver.....PTP have approved funding and are moving projects forward...... in some cases not delivering on time, but never the less accepting their responsibility to the people and implemeting beneficial process.......no doubt to be rewarded for their effort at the next election......with or without Yingluck carrying the huge burden of not attending an insignificant 2nd reading in the house

Indeed Rubl the democrats showed 'promise'.......but appear to have failed to action or deliver.....PTP have approved funding and are moving projects forward...... in some cases not delivering on time, but never the less accepting their responsibility to the people and implemeting beneficial process.......no doubt to be rewarded for their effort at the next election......with or without Yingluck carrying the huge burden of not attending an insignificant 2nd reading in the house

The Democrats led government was a wee bit hindered by two years of peaceful protests and of course the minor foreign calamity called "Global Financial Crisis". The Pheu Thai led government was a wee bit distracted by the 2011 flooding, but managed tremendously. The MoFA hand delivered a new shiny passport within two days even with their offices flooded.

The insignificant second reading was significant enough to postpone parliamentary holiday. Therefore some conclude it to be better for the PM to be away from it all. Sent her on a trip where she can sign treaties, smile a lot and plausible deny to know anything smile.png

I don't blame her for going at all...more beneficial than spending a day listening to the tired old arguments from an ineffective opposition party.....and legal guys hamering out the correct terminology........maybe she is a bit smarter than you acknowledge

your answer tells me everything---you have stated in most--being phased in, WHY ???? these were to be in place SEPTEMBER ???---so many hick-ups what happened, lack of management==lack of funds==?? or just BULL from day one to get in. please don't joke, unless you tell me you are. I did state the things that were not NOW in place--the law of averages would have had some of the missions accomplished.

Why then are you condoning, and making excuses for your fledgling government. Just say they are failing a little but are trying hard would be nearer the truth. RUBI has answered fairly---and well. People do not have to be an Abhisit fan to criticize . To achieve their goals, Yingluck will have to attend these debates, DO NOT FORGET she has been missing before when it was important to attend.

The law of averages appears to have been way out.......because non of these missions have previously been accomplished......credit due to PTP for accepting their responsibilities to implement improvements to benefit the electorate

Ginjag....if you live in Thailand and judge everything on a 'today' basis you will be many times disappointed.....try to dilute your ranting with the thought that at least an effort is being made, there is opportunity created to move forward, in which case a result is more plausible than if no effort had been made at all

Edited by 473geo

The Democrats led government was a wee bit hindered by two years of peaceful protests and of course the minor foreign calamity called "Global Financial Crisis". The Pheu Thai led government was a wee bit distracted by the 2011 flooding, but managed tremendously. The MoFA hand delivered a new shiny passport within two days even with their offices flooded.

The insignificant second reading was significant enough to postpone parliamentary holiday. Therefore some conclude it to be better for the PM to be away from it all. Sent her on a trip where she can sign treaties, smile a lot and plausible deny to know anything smile.png

I don't blame her for going at all...more beneficial than spending a day listening to the tired old arguments from an ineffective opposition party.....and legal guys hamering out the correct terminology........maybe she is a bit smarter than you acknowledge

Your argument seems to be a bit narrow minded in the sense that being in parliament every once in a while when something important is discussed is part of the 24/7/365 job. Has nothing to do with "spending a day listening to the tired old arguments from" any of the speakers allowed to speak unobstructedly.

Maybe she's smarter than I seem to acknowledge, maybe she's less smart than you seem to acknowledge. In the discussion on whether or not PM Yingluck should be present that (i.e. level of perceived intelligence) seems rather immaterial.dry.png

The law of averages appears to have been way out.......because non of these missions have previously been accomplished......credit due to PTP for accepting their responsibilities to implement improvements to benefit the electorate

Ginjag....if you live in Thailand and judge everything on a 'today' basis you will be many times disappointed.....try to dilute your ranting with the thought that at least an effort is being made, there is opportunity created to move forward, in which case a result is more plausible than if no effort had been made at all

PTP's attempts to improve the electorate remind me of the Dutch buying Manhatten from the AmerInds. The locals are getting seriously shafted and the benefits will be great, but belong to someone else.

Dear geo, you're starting to become inconsistent. There is no 'today' base apart from ginjag's 'BULL from day one to get in'. So why accuse someone to be 'ranting'? There has been an opportunity to continue, rather than 'opportunity created', but of course opportunities not created by 'Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai accts' can hardly be continued as is, that would be telling. IMHO of coursesmile.png

PTP's attempts to improve the electorate remind me of the Dutch buying Manhatten from the AmerInds. The locals are getting seriously shafted and the benefits will be great, but belong to someone else.

I guess saying the locals were happy with the deal at that time is not really a good excuse biggrin.png

Edited by rubl

If I felt in my heart that this LOT was a genuine respected cabinet,and super focused P.M. I would not be throwing mud. Do you think I'm not aware of the non transparency of this elected government and it's motives, after 31 years here believe me or not, these people are not the right people to be backing, you cannot see that. I hope for the Kingdom that good times are ahead, and if there was a glow I would be the first to encourage. Sorry to disappoint you My natural instincts tell me otherwise.  I never mentioned they were not previously accomplished -that doesn't make them valid. You believe all the promises will benefit the electorate. Ha.

Speaking honestly doesn't mean someone is ranting, using a word like that is too common on these topics. I do wish I could feel that a lot of sweat and knowhow is being put into these pledges.   Anyway my friend if you remember near all these pledges were made in a fury of election heat, without looking to see if they were ON-or even affordable.  Time will be my friend-and we will talk about this say in 6 months to see if anymore are put on hold or ditched.  My opinion overall is too much was promised in to short a time, showing the lack of professionalism from the fledgeling government, getting power was more important than caring for their voters.