Saturday Brunch / Lunch Buffet

AdamBangkok

Morning all,

I'm looking for a Saturday international brunch / lunch buffet at a hotel - it's for a friends birthday. Free-flow would be a bonus but is not an essential. The only one I've managed to find so far is Lord Jim's, and they're fully booked.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be gladly received.

Cheers!

If you are looking for cost savings Holiday Inn Chit loom is a great value. Cafe G has a Lunch (and Diner) buffet for 249 Bhat, including nonalcoholic drinks. For an additional 249 Bhat you get free flow Shingha. If cost is no issue, I prefer the Conrad at All Seasons.

Edited by KHR1010

Ibis Hotel, half way down Soi 4 (Nana). Excellent lunch buffet, Western and Thai food, 12 - 3 p.m., 199 baht (no extra charges), and it even includes free coffee, tea and water.

Agree the Ibis buffet is a very good value, pleasant place with plenty of selection. It's not the Marriott or Sheraton but perfectly acceptable for a good lunch.

In September last year I had buffet lunch at these hotels :

(I kept the info)

# Narai Hotel on Silom

450 nett

# S31 Hotel the S31 Café on Suk Soi 31

240 nett (with a 31% discount)

# Swissôtel at Nai Lert Park on Wireless Road

352 nett

# Arnoma Hotel the Buttercup (across from Central World)

340 nett

# Majestic Grande at Dine@7 on Suk Soi 2

300 nett

# Tai-Pan on Suk Soi 23 (close to Soi Cowboy)

250 nett

# Holiday Inn at Café G on Sukhumvit

269 nett

Tai-Pan, Majestic and S31 have rather small dining rooms. Maybe not very suited for a big group.

They all give fre water and coffee/tea. Café G has free flow of soft drinks (Coke, Fanta, ...) - great if you have kids.

They get very crowded on weekends.

For a group it's mandatory to make a resevation.

All these listed here are excellent. I've tried them !!

In particular I highly recommend the Narai and the Holiday Inn.

• Like 1

(I kept the info)

# Narai Hotel on Silom

450 nett

352 nett

340 nett

300 nett

250 nett

269 nett

Tai-Pan, Majestic and S31 have rather small dining rooms. Maybe not very suited for a big group.

They all give fre water and coffee/tea. Café G has free flow of soft drinks (Coke, Fanta, ...) - great if you have kids.

That's an excellent list above of some very good value lunch buffets around BKK. I've tried all of them multiple times with the exception of the SwissHotel.

My favorites among the group, all pretty similar in price, are the Majestic Grande on Suk Soi 2 (their 7th floor dining room) and the S31 Hotel at Suk Soi 31.

The food quality and preparation at the Majestic are excellent and they offer some nice extras like fresh seafood like shrimp and mussels and even a sushi/sashimi counter. But their dining room is small, and reservations often are necessary.

The S31 dining area is much larger and although they like reservations, it's not usually a problem. The food there is quite good and varied, with lots of choices and different styles available. But it's probably a notch below the Majestic Grande, although still excellent for the price.

Holiday Inn is a good everyday kind of place for an inexpensive buffet, although they're mostly Thai food choices along with pastas and salads. The coffee shop at the Tai Pan Hotel is a really budget choice, smaller selection of usually a half dozen or so entrees, again mostly Thai choices with a small pre-made sushi display.

Whenever we're inclined in that direction, my Thai wife and I usually decide between the Majestic Grande and the S31.

Virtually every Hotel in Thailand has a lunchtime Buffet :

http://www.buffet-th...om/index-en.htm

Patrick

Yes agree.But how many hotels do free flow all you can drink with the buffet on a Saturday lunchtime in Bangkok?A few free flow on Sunday brunches exist but not on Saturday lunch for some strange reason?Must be a market for it....me and a few of my friends for one.

Ibis Hotel, half way down Soi 4 (Nana). Excellent lunch buffet, Western and Thai food, 12 - 3 p.m., 199 baht (no extra charges), and it even includes free coffee, tea and water.

Thanks for your valuable input.

I didn't know about this hotel Ibis buffet. Must be fairly new.

I tried it a couple days ago. It's excellent !!

Pleasant airy dining room and varied tasty farang and Thai dishes.

And a couple of young sweet girls will keep empty plates off your table and your glass full of ice water.

I'm going back there tomorrow and everytime it's convenient for me when I'm in BKK.

And the price (199b nett) can't be beat !!

And, yes, many hotels in BKK have lunch buffets.

But very few have good buffets in the 200 to 500b range.

If I want a casual but tasty buffet, alone or with a teerak, I'm not going to the Oriental !!

Best weekend brunch in bangkok- sheraton on suk soi 15- why? the only place which regularly has alaskan king crab , even the four seasons doesnt manage that.

Ive never been to lord jims though- does that have a.k. crab ?

Best weekend brunch in bangkok- sheraton on suk soi 15- why? the only place which regularly has alaskan king crab , even the four seasons doesnt manage that.

I know the hotel, but didn't know they have a weekend (do you mean Sunday or Sat/Sun) brunch.

What's the pricing and times for their offering?

Lots of great lunch buffets in Bangkok. Recently I went to Ateliers at the Grand Millenium Sukhumvit for Sunday Brunch, 1400 Baht with free flow sparkling wine and open bar. Great choice of roasts (Turkey, Prime Rib, etc) Seafood was limited however alaskan crab was available. No Wagyu or foie gras. Theres a promotion now of come 4 pay 2 so its only around 700 baht a person, one of the best value places in Bkk.

Lord Jim is great for seafood, tempura and sashimi top notch. Their sunday brunch is abit mre pricey and only adds a few items such as oysters. If you want to, just go for the weekday lunch buffet and get a table next to the windows for a good view.

I recommend:

Orchid Cafe at Sheraton Grande for Saturday lunch or sunday brunch at living room.

Rain tree cafe gor sunday brunch only or weekend brunch.

Avoid Landmark hotel, quality has been dropping.

Red oven at sofitel so, 1700 for free flow sunday brunch. Great place!

http://www.bkkgastro.com

http://www.bkkgastro.blogspot.com

for some photos and reviews

• Like 1

I know the hotel, but didn't know they have a weekend (do you mean Sunday or Sat/Sun) brunch.

Sunday brunch- the price is around 1800 per person- but if you become a sheraton member at reception before hand (about 150 $ for a year or so) you get discounts of up to 50% on food (plus free room for one night to use during the year).

Sunday brunch- the price is around 1800 per person- but if you become a sheraton member at reception before hand (about 150 $ for a year or so) you get discounts of up to 50% on food (plus free room for one night to use during the year).

Sunday Brunch at the Living Room at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is 2700 Baht ++.

The Grande Club membership is 7900 Baht Net, with 7900 Baht credit for you to spend, once the credit is finished it becomes a 30% discount card for use at the hotel's Food and Beverage outlets. You also get one nights stay in a deluxe room on the weekend.

Last week Taste at the Westin Grand was also having a promotion of "2nd diner pays 1 Baht", their sunday brunch which is 1900 Baht ++ is also a potential choice for good value deals.

(I kept the info)

# Narai Hotel on Silom

450 nett

352 nett

340 nett

300 nett

250 nett

269 nett

Wow, great post. My wife and I visit the Majestic Grand for their Saturday buffet quite often, but I have never been to any of the others, how do they compare in terms of quality, selection etc? Thanks.

Wow, great post. My wife and I visit the Majestic Grand for their Saturday buffet quite often, but I have never been to any of the others, how do they compare in terms of quality, selection etc? Thanks.

Thanks for your comment.

They're all good. But they're all different !

Narai and Swissôtel are more "classy" (but still very affordable). Try them !

Café G at the Holiday Inn is classy too but food more on the Thai side. Try it !

Check prices because my info dates back to September ...

Normally I live in Pattaya but I'm now in BKK for some time.

Every noon if I don't have anything else to do I go have buffet lunch at the Ibis Hotel. See my previous post about it.

Food is varied, delicious, changes everyday and at 200b can't be beat ! (the chalkboard outside says it's a promotion)

And I can drop by at a Soi 4 beerbar and the Soi 7 Beer Garden for a cold beer after that !!

• Like 1

I haven't been to the Nailert among the among places... But among the rest, I'd say the Majestic Grande is among the best, especially in terms of the quality and preparation of what they do.

The S31 (my wife and I were there just the other day again) is quite good and has a broader selection than Majestic Grande, but the offerings are a bit lower on the quality scale... though still close.

I never thought the offerings at the Narai were worth the higher price. And I've always liked Cafe G, but it's a much simpler, less farang dishes place...and the lower price reflects that... Thai dishes and pasta and salads and usually a ham or roasted chicken, but no sushi or sashimi or fresh seafood like mussels like MJ.

Tai Pan is the bargain basement offering among the group... Nice small little room, but much smaller choices and mostly Thai hot entrees...along with a table of pre-made sushi, mostly cut rolls.