Bollywood Star Shah Rukh Khan 'Detained' In US

webfact

You mean you are than a "bugger" or you are than 'buggered"?

Not to know everything is no problem, just normal, but I would not need 2 hours to find out who is sitting in front of me as a Mr.Shah Rukh Khan.

2 minutes are enough.

Maybe US Immigration just try to use GOOGLE? giggle.gif

he was in a private plane, unless your his brother-in-law, it's doubtfull you would be on the same plane. And I promise you, immigration wouldn't know who he is or any one else from Bollywood. And they don't give a shit. Edited by khaowong1
  • Like 1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not need 2 hours to find out who is sitting in front of me as a Mr.Shah Rukh Khan.

2 minutes are enough.

Maybe US Immigration just try to use GOOGLE? giggle.gif

he was in a private plane, unless your his brother-in-law, it's doubtfull you would be on the same plane. And I promise you, immigration wouldn't know who he is or any one else from Bollywood. And they don't give a shit.

Maybe you do not understand what I wrote, or what I mean,

I ment, if I am an Immigration officer in the US, I would not hesitate to use Google, to find out who arrives at my small airport with a Private Plane.

Do I need 2 hours for that? No! 2 minutes enough!coffee1.gif

He may be an actor. He may have a big ego. Duh. But he is not just another film actor. He was named one of top 50 most powerful people in the world in 2008 by Newsweek.

That honor, along with $5.00, will get him a nice cup of coffee at Starbucks.coffee1.gif

I am not into following celebrities in either Hollywood or Bollywood and, in particular, leading romantic men in the Indian film industry. I do enjoy having a good laugh at their musical productions, however.

I seriously doubt if that nice Immigration officer in a remote airport in New York was up to date on Indian film stars either.

That bit about him being privileged because he was flying a private jet is utter nonsense. Drug dealers fly private jets too.

• Like 1

I have been living in the Middle East and South East Asia for over 30 years.

I never heard of this guy and I had 15 Indians working for me at one time in Saudi.

He is, very simply put, another ego inflated actor that seems to think he matters in the world order.

I presume, you are just not interested to open your eyes and ears enough and you did not speak much in private with your Indian workforce.

Maybe try above next time and do not be so envious or do you know Mr Shah Rukh Khan? Regarding your last sentence, you must know him!

But you wrote, you do not know him.coffee1.gif

-chukd-

Regarding your last Post, I can understand your point of view, but why not just Google than?saai.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

He may be an actor. He may have a big ego. Duh. But he is not just another film actor. He was named one of top 50 most powerful people in the world in 2008 by Newsweek.

Why, oooops forgot, bank balance. Silly me. In UK folk become Knights, we must call them SIR, why, bank balance.

I never heard of this guy and I had 15 Indians working for me at one time in Saudi.

He is, very simply put, another ego inflated actor that seems to think he matters in the world order.

I presume, you are just not interested to open your eyes and ears enough and you did not speak much in private with your Indian workforce.

Maybe try above next time and do not be so envious or do you know Mr Shah Rukh Khan? Regarding your last sentence, you must know him!

-chukd-

Regarding your last Post, I can understand your point of view, but why not just Google than?saai.gif

I had never heard of the guy until this silliness got blown out of proportion. I assume your comment about me knowing him previously had to do with what I said about his ego? Jingthing was kind enough to point out in an earlier post that Khan was a film actor in Bollywood. Having watched movie actors in TV interviews out of morbid curiosity in the past I had become aware all of them had vast egos. Why was I to assume he is any different? Seems I was right based on his indignation at being held up at Immigration for a whole two hours. I was held up in Chicago one time for two hours because I gave an Immigration agent a smart remark. I cooled my heels and went on my way. BFD.

I seldom discussed Indian romance movies with my Indian help. I promise if I ever go back to work and have some Indian employees, I will have a weekly marshmallow roast around a campfire and we will discuss the subject.

My horizons will be broadened.jap.gif

Edit in to change a few words.

Edited by chuckd
  • Like 1

-chukd-

I had never heard of the guy until this silliness got blown out of proportion. I assume your comment about me knowing him previously had to do with what I said about his ego? Jingthing was kind enough to point out in an earlier post that Khan was a film actor in Bollywood. Having watched movie actors in TV interviews out of morbid curiosity in the past I had become aware all of them had vast egos. Why was I to assume he is any different? Seems I was right based on his indignation at being held up at Immigration for a whole two hours. I was held up in Chicago one time for two hours because I gave an Immigration agent a smart remark. I cooled my heels and went on my way. BFD.

I seldom discussed Indian romance movies with my Indian help. I promise if I ever go back to work and have some Indian employees, I will have a weekly marshmallow roast around a campfire and we will discuss the subject.

Edit in to change a few words.

Nice one Chuck,at least it brought a smile to my facecowboy.gif

Don't care to read the details? He was detained while others weren't....for the second time? The US knows who's on there way to America before they leave the ground.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

No they don't. He was on a private aircraft and there are no FAA requirement to provide names of passengers entering the country. The only requirement is to state the number of people onboard when filling a flight plan. In fact, there is not even a requirement to file a flight plan, especially on flights entering from abroad.

When entering on a private flight, the pilot in command must land at an approved airport where border, immigration and customs agents are stationed. They have zero advance notice if the pilot did not file a flight plan with the FAA. ATC doesn't even know if it's an international flight if no flight plan is filed. The pilot in command notifies ATC of the flights point of origin and border control is alerted to go meet the aircraft. If the agents are busy, the flight and passengers may have to wait until the agents are free to check the flight's passengers prior to being allowed into the general public.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of international flights into the US every day on private aircraft. They don't keep track of each and every passengers on private flights.

• Like 1

Don't care to read the details? He was detained while others weren't....for the second time? The US knows who's on there way to America before they leave the ground.

No they don't. He was on a private aircraft and there are no FAA requirement to provide names of passengers entering the country. The only requirement is to state the number of people onboard when filling a flight plan. In fact, there is not even a requirement to file a flight plan, especially on flights entering from abroad.

When entering on a private flight, the pilot in command must land at an approved airport where border, immigration and customs agents are stationed. They have zero advance notice if the pilot did not file a flight plan with the FAA. ATC doesn't even know if it's an international flight if no flight plan is filed. The pilot in command notifies ATC of the flights point of origin and border control is alerted to go meet the aircraft. If the agents are busy, the flight and passengers may have to wait until the agents are free to check the flight's passengers prior to being allowed into the general public.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of international flights into the US every day on private aircraft. They don't keep track of each and every passengers on private flights.

So you are saying that, if there is no flight plan filed with FAA, it is up to the pilot in command to notify ATC that it is an international flight so that border control check the passengers. Can't help but think this leaves a bit of a security loophole - what if the pilot lies and says it is a domestic flight???

The US is a disgrace...All in the name of "national security"... and the government gets away with profiling...Which is illegal, the last time I checked...

We don't know if profiling had anything to do with it. Immigration don't delay/interview people for no reason.

The word "detain" is used incorrectly in the reports. He was never detained or arrested. He was free to turn around and exit the country without being interviewed if he wanted to. The Indian paper even used the phrase "He was freed only after Yale authorities called homeland security..." Silly.

The day we start giving people special treatment because of their status in order to avoid backlash from another government will be a scary day. Our security will end up being a joke, like in Thailand where transportation security officials are allowed to be slapped around by people such as the former head of customs simply for asking him to follow the same security procedures everyone has to follow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN0an4lZ9bk

He should be treated like everyone else (ditto politicians), no more no less. So why the apology? For the inconvenience? If that's the case, I think many of us are still waiting for our apologies.giggle.gif

But unfortunately according to Indian media, in India "Protocol exempts former presidents and other dignitaries from such searches." So there we have it. There upper class is expected special treatment. When they get to the US and realize we don't operate that way (at least not to the same degree) they make it an international incident. I think the reason why Mr Kahn was detained has not been revealed is telling. Whatever the reason it is probably embarrassing for him. It would be illegal for US Immigration to release that information.

Not if he was on a private charted flight as he was. Oops, I guess you failed to read that detail.

Kinda funny ... I just watched the movie "My Name Is Khan" yesterday where exactly the same thing happens!

Yes and many have surmised that this latest incident is actually a publicity stunt by Kahn. That movie is about racial profiling in the U.S.

Not if he was on a private charted flight as he was. Oops, I guess you failed to read that detail.

Kinda funny ... I just watched the movie "My Name Is Khan" yesterday where exactly the same thing happens!

Yes and many have surmised that this latest incident is actually a publicity stunt by Kahn. That movie is about racial profiling in the U.S.

How ? You mean he planted something or said something that will cause the custom security people to delay or detain him for sometime ?

KS,

From what I've read, I stand corrected in regards that the flight plan must only contain the number of passengers, not their names. However, all flights entering America must file a flight plan as they will have to enter the air defense identification zone and the plan must be received by atc two hours in advance of arrival. As such, the US knows of incoming flights in advance and any that do not follow protocol may be intercepted and possibly denied entry/landing, or worse I suppose if they don't comply with instructions. Could be wrong, as I'm not an aviation expert, but that's what I've read.

Newsweek named him one of the 50 most powerful people in the world. Khan is a television presenter, a regular stage performer, and a social activist.

​I believe social activists are viewed with suspicion in the US.

Activists of any sort are generally viewed with suspicion in every country.

KS,

From what I've read, I stand corrected in regards that the flight plan must only contain the number of passengers, not their names. However, all flights entering America must file a flight plan as they will have to enter the air defense identification zone and the plan must be received by atc two hours in advance of arrival. As such, the US knows of incoming flights in advance and any that do not follow protocol may be intercepted and possibly denied entry/landing, or worse I suppose if they don't comply with instructions. Could be wrong, as I'm not an aviation expert, but that's what I've read.

That's the reg. Minimum 2 hour notification on inbound flights and only need to report the number of souls onboard. Most trans-oceanic flights do file flight plans prior to departure, but it is not a requirement. There are many fights across the border with Canada and the southern border where no flight plans are filed until first contact with ATC when inbound.

All inbound flights are tracked and cross-referenced against flight plans on first contact with ATC. Any inbound flight that does not have a flight plan is given extra scrutiny. If an inbound flight did not report that their were international, ATC alerts the feds.

Sure, it would be broadened! Always good!

It only surprises me, why you mentioned your Indian workforce in a previous post,

See upstairs,

when you never ever have interest to have a private conversation or contact with them.

So completely unnecessary to mention it!

Even, an indication, that leads to completely wrong conclusions!wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Sure, it would be broadened! Always good!

It only surprises me, why you mentioned your Indian workforce in a previous post,

See upstairs, when you never ever have interest to have a private conversation or contact with them.

So completely unnecessary to mention it!

You might want to grow up a little bit.

The real world is not a boy scout camp. I didn't associate personally, for many obvious reasons, with most of my personnel.

Your management style might differ. You are in management...right?

Edit in: When any of my employees of any nationality had personal problems they brought them to me and we tried to work it out. As I recall romantic Indian movies never came up as being much of a personal problem with anybody.

Edited by chuckd

Speaking of the "help", what do you think will become of this gentleman's "help" that was responsible for ensuring the master's smooth travel?

Based upon my own experience with Indian labour practices, some of the options are;

1. Immediate termination with no severance.

2. A beating, and perhaps some sort of activity involving the throwing of a hot liquid.

3. Humiliation and belittling of the hapless assistant.

Oh to be one of the flies on the movie star's trailing deferential entourage................

BTW, do you think he said th the frowning grouchy security officials something along the lines of "Hey, don't you know who I am", to which one of them may have replied "Huh, I never done saw you on the Country Music Channel or Nascar channel."

A tempest in teacup.

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Like 1

The real world is not a boy scout camp. I didn't associate personally, for many obvious reasons, with most of my personnel.

Edit in: When any of my employees of any nationality had personal problems they brought them to me and we tried to work it out. As I recall romantic Indian movies never came up as being much of a personal problem with anybody.

Yes, I was in management and owned a company to the bigger part

and I want to overhear your first sentence, as he his rude, so i understand.

Come down from your horse, Sir!tongue.png

You miss the point, or you just unreasonable?

You mention your Indian workforce, see above-

"I never heard of this guy and I had 15 Indians working for me at one time in Saudi"

for no reason at allwink.png , when you only talk to them to order them to do something,

or if you must help them, because somebody has a problem.whistling.gif

When you mention your workforce it sounds for other people and to me, you should, could have heard something,

sometime of a Mr.Khan movie star, because you mix with them in private conversation to.rolleyes.gifwink.png

But you say now proudly, you never did that! So its completely unnecessary to mention it! Clear?wink.png

Maybe not for unreasonable people.giggle.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

Yes, I was in management and owned a company to the bigger part

and I want to overhear your first sentence, as he his rude, so i understand.

Come down from your horse, Sir!tongue.png

You miss the point, or you just unreasonable?

You mention your Indian workforce, see above-

"I never heard of this guy and I had 15 Indians working for me at one time in Saudi"

for no reason at allwink.png , when you only talk to them to order them to do something,

or if you must help them, because somebody has a problem.whistling.gif

When you mention your workforce it sounds for other people and to me, you should, could have heard something,

sometime of a Mr.Khan movie star, because you mix with them in private conversation to.rolleyes.gifwink.png

But you say now proudly, you never did that! So its completely unnecessary to mention it! Clear?wink.png

Maybe not for unreasonable people.giggle.gif

Nice to hear from you today, Mr. Alfredo. I was worried you might miss our little meeting.

We have beaten this horse to death so let me close with this thought. I didn't discuss Hollywood movie stars with my US employees or British movie stars with my UK employees so it only stands to reason I am not going to discuss the latest happenings in Bollywood with anybody.

While this guy may be the hottest thing since sliced bread in India, my guess is probably 90% of the world's population never heard of him either.

Now my beer is getting hot so I will bid you a fond farewell. Ciao.

Edited by chuckd