Drink Driving On Bike

thequietman

hiya guys,

wifes nephew got stopped on his motorbike drunk in the village.. (i don,t condone this)

cops arrested him, took him to the nearest town and banged him up.

they are looking for 20,000 baht plus another 6000.

Tell me please, is this the norm to get him out. I,m not paying it by the way.

This little pri@k was nearly killed in a drunk motorbike accident last year. His friend who was on the bike died.

Thankfully the cops stopped him this time before he hurt someone.

is this the norm to get him out.

Seems a bit high concidering it was in a village. In CM, 20K for a farang and 8-10K for a Thai youngster seems normal.

Where do you get those figures ???

Appreciate if you can substantiate them.

5000THB is how much a farang guy I know paid when he was done for it and went to court etc I think. He said he was abusing the police in Thai too, so not even like he sweet talked them or anything either

abusing the police in thai would probably have ended up even worse than the balloons on the bts guy

even thai people dont abuse the police so i doubt a farang would be allowed to do it

Just pretend you don't know him and let him rot in jail, safer than dead on the pavement.

spoke to the wife and pointed out that he was the reason that another young man died in the village last year.

she didnt think too long about it and said (in Thai) to hell with him.

so hes in the lock up and maybe, this time, he will learn from it.

thanks guys. happy songkran.

his family paid the 20,000. he goes 2 court and gets a fine of 6,000 baht. the family get their 20,000 back.

the wheels of justice. still surprised the cop didnt take a backhander. maybe a change is a cummin.............

amazing it even got to court when someone could have pocketed 26K or maybe more by

sweeping it under the rug

occasionally though,there is someone high -up watching ,that needs a few actual arrests to justify his position etc

once or twice in a few years ,i have been made to pay a recorded fine rather than a backhander but its so rare its not

worth worrying about

his family paid the 20,000. he goes 2 court and gets a fine of 6,000 baht. the family get their 20,000 back.

the wheels of justice. still surprised the cop didnt take a backhander. maybe a change is a cummin.............

So it was a bond we were talking about then?