Democrats read between lines of Thaksin's 'return' comment

Lite Beer

Regarding Samak's cookery show, I seem to remember a British PM who was a choir master who gave public performances, a royal family that own racehorses which compete publicly and commercially, a Royal consort who competes in carriage dressage events, several princesses and husbands that compete in public horse shows, Middle Eastern rulers that own football clubs, even in one country a king who competes in yacht races and used to broadcast his jazz band.

I see nothing wrong with any of these activities, just as I see nothing wrong with Samak's show, by all account a popular public service.

You may look at the law which bans elected officials from accepting gratuities and payments for the obvious reasons. You might investigate who produced the cooking show.

But it is icing on the cake when the lying sack of <deleted> stands up in court and perjures himself. I'd ask if you know any elected officials who have done the same and stayed in office, but the answer is glaring, recent and local.

Ah yes the LAW, we mustn't forget the law, commonsense is irrelevantcoffee1.gif

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Samak's cookery show, I seem to remember a British PM who was a choir master who gave public performances, a royal family that own racehorses which compete publicly and commercially, a Royal consort who competes in carriage dressage events, several princesses and husbands that compete in public horse shows, Middle Eastern rulers that own football clubs, even in one country a king who competes in yacht races and used to broadcast his jazz band.

I see nothing wrong with any of these activities, just as I see nothing wrong with Samak's show, by all account a popular public service.

Did the British PM get paid for it or was it a hobby? What is the relevance of royalty having commercial interests? Were these middle eastern rulers democratically elected? Are people (royalty or politician) not allowed to have hobbies?

Samak's "show" wasn't the problem. The problem was that he was paid for it and that he lied about it.

• Like 1

To me the great unanswered question is if the oft quoted opinion of "Thaksin should return and serve his sentence" were to come true then what then? You've got a "clean slate" Thaksin on your hands with a sister as PM. Hardly an ideal situation for his Democrat etc "fan club". I can hardly see him simply buying a motorcycle combo and riding around selling luk chin in his dotage.

He is a Messias, a Messias can´t go to prison.

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy"coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Bring Thaksin back quickly please and let's move on....he is a man who got things done for the country (whilst enriching himself and his cronies) which to me is better than some other useless dope like Abhisit who got nothing done (while enriching himself and his cronies)....

Besides which, the country cannot be reconciled until he comes back

• Like 1

Bring Thaksin back quickly please and let's move on....he is a man who got things done for the country (whilst enriching himself and his cronies) which to me is better than some other useless dope like Abhisit who got nothing done (while enriching himself and his cronies)....

I'm sure you have proof of your accusations and can provide links. Please do.

• Like 2

You may look at the law which bans elected officials from accepting gratuities and payments for the obvious reasons. You might investigate who produced the cooking show.

But it is icing on the cake when the lying sack of <deleted> stands up in court and perjures himself. I'd ask if you know any elected officials who have done the same and stayed in office, but the answer is glaring, recent and local.

So you will not complain when a drunken Thai bumps into your car and the BiB decides to apply "commonsense" instead of the law?

• Like 1

So you will not complain when a drunken Thai bumps into your car and the BiB decides to apply "commonsense" instead of the law?

clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif Exellent post!!!

You should be careful with your remarks as they equally apply locally.

If a PM lies and produces fake evidence in court, is that not enough to dismiss him? The PPP party felt so strongly about it that they themselves replaced him!

I'd have had him fired for cooking pork leg in Coca Cola but that's just me.

To me the great unanswered question is if the oft quoted opinion of "Thaksin should return and serve his sentence" were to come true then what then? You've got a "clean slate" Thaksin on your hands with a sister as PM. Hardly an ideal situation for his Democrat etc "fan club". I can hardly see him simply buying a motorcycle combo and riding around selling luk chin in his dotage.

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy"coffee1.gif

Can he henceforth be known as Brian on this board?

• Like 2

You seem to have a strange concept of the BIB, commonsense, applying the law, how long have you been here?

Incidentally I have no vehicle in Thailand, they are bad for your healthrolleyes.gif

PM Chalerm Yoobamrung has been very quiet. He must be up to something.

Sobering up? Trying to slip out of his loafers without help?

He's got flu! :( ... Needs to take some flu tablets. :(

A few million to be precise, very quickly into hiding, before his sl/neeze is poured into public knowledge that he is matey's with a few hospital directors, and his sons have regular flu medication intakes too! ;)

-mel.

• Like 2

To me the great unanswered question is if the oft quoted opinion of "Thaksin should return and serve his sentence" were to come true then what then? You've got a "clean slate" Thaksin on your hands with a sister as PM. Hardly an ideal situation for his Democrat etc "fan club". I can hardly see him simply buying a motorcycle combo and riding around contentedly selling luk chin in his dotage.

Let's face it. The whole thing is a great fugazi no matter what the outcome. Thai culture ( for extreme want of a better word) or whatever allowed Thaksin to become what he was. Now unfortunately it's having to suffer the consequences.

"fugitive former PM faces arrest warrants in five cases: the special lottery, the Export-Import Bank's controversial loans to Burma, the Ratchadaphisek land scandal, the telecom excise-tax conversion and terrorism."

By the time he finishes his sentences for that lot, he'll be dead. Or do you expect the AG/police/DSI to come up with some convoluted and fantastic (literally) reasons why they won't be pressed, as with Yingluk's perjury?

Duh!

"Thaksin has turned 360 degrees to make amends with General Prem" surely this would mean he is facing the same way he was to start with???

I think Thaksin got along well with Prem and the others in the early years (he donated generously), but his behavior tarnished the relationships. So the "360 degrees" may be referring to the fact that he once was friends with Prem, and now supposedly is again.

Edited by hyperdimension

the last one we nailed on the cross, why we can't do it with this one as well?

Nobody wants square eggs for Easter. rolleyes.gif

But this coming back and every year the same thing again and again is simillar. And he told already that he won't die......So we may have to burden that 2000 years.

Shouldnt you have said?

Besides which,the country cannot be reconciled until if he comes back

Uh huh. Maybe a vacation for Songkran?

He's been quiet for a few weeks. Surely he's not been on holiday during the reconciliation debate?

Perhaps pouting because his personal six point reconciliation plan is not (at least at the moment) getting airplay.

Uh huh. Maybe a vacation for Songkran?

He's been quiet for a few weeks. Surely he's not been on holiday during the reconciliation debate?

Perhaps pouting because his personal six point reconciliation plan is not (at least at the moment) getting airplay.

Bring Thaksin back quickly please and let's move on....he is a man who got things done for the country (whilst enriching himself and his cronies) which to me is better than some other useless dope like Abhisit who got nothing done (while enriching himself and his cronies).... Besides which, the country cannot be reconciled until he comes back

He got things done alright. He was in charge of the military when top brass killed nearly 100 young Muslim men unnecessarily. He oversaw a campaign which killed nearly 2,000 people (alleged dope pushers) extrajudicially. He got things done in terms of hiding assets, and avoiding paying taxes whenever possible. He got things done when he went to neighboring countries and cemented lucrative deals for his personal corporations. ....and those are just a few of the things we know about. Would be interesting if he ever 'came clean' and told us about all the things he successfully hid from the rest of us. He surely tried mightily to hide as much as possible. That's not the type of person Thailand needs to lead them on to the future. He should follow his own advice, and stay out of politics - but that's impossible for a self-glorifying rich man who's on a non-stop campaign to amass as much wealth as he can.

• Like 1

"the country cannot be reconciled until he comes back"

Surely nobody would wish to imply that the Red-Shirts will continue to be funded, for both propaganda & stirring-up trouble, until he is allowed to come back free-and-clear ?

But is that threat sufficiently strong to overthrow justice or the law ?

Edited by Ricardo

Are you <deleted> serious? The law that says politicians can't accept bribes, can't perjure themselves is AGAINST common sense?

Face it - Samak's nickname was "ankles" because he was 3' lower than a <deleted>. Thaksin's should be "big toe" because he's even lower.

".........the country cannot be reconciled until he comes back." OR dies.

• Like 1

Bring Thaksin back quickly please and let's move on....he is a man who got things done for the country (whilst enriching himself and his cronies) which to me is better than some other useless dope like Abhisit who got nothing done (while enriching himself and his cronies).... Besides which, the country cannot be reconciled until he comes back

He got things done alright. He was in charge of the military when top brass killed nearly 100 young Muslim men unnecessarily. He oversaw a campaign which killed nearly 2,000 people (alleged dope pushers) extrajudicially. He got things done in terms of hiding assets, and avoiding paying taxes whenever possible. He got things done when he went to neighboring countries and cemented lucrative deals for his personal corporations. ....and those are just a few of the things we know about. Would be interesting if he ever 'came clean' and told us about all the things he successfully hid from the rest of us. He surely tried mightily to hide as much as possible. That's not the type of person Thailand needs to lead them on to the future. He should follow his own advice, and stay out of politics - but that's impossible for a self-glorifying rich man who's on a non-stop campaign to amass as much wealth as he can.

Maybe he's going to write a book revealing all his sins once he comes back and 'retires'. I'm sure it would be a best seller and would be legal money he was earning for a change !

Possibly.

A brief reminder.You were suggesting to another member he read up on Thai history (good advice), and I asked for the details of a contemporary volume that you would particularly recommend.I'm sure other members would also be grateful since it's sometimes difficult to keep track of the narrative let alone the context and interpretation.Look forward to hearing from you.