Phuket Golf

cheshiremusicman

I'm travelling down to Phuket (for the first time) from Hua-Hin where I've lived for 5 years. I will be in the Patong area for 5 days from the 19th to the 24th and wonder if anybody would be kind enough to give me a game whilst I'm there. I am a 69 year old retired English man, 12 handicapper, still fit (like to walk the courses that I play wherever possible) and play about 3 times a week at two top class courses here in the Hua-Hin area of which I am a member. I would be more than happy to reciprocate an introduction to my clubs if anybody is coming to Hua-Hin and wishes to play the 'Springfield G&C club 3x9 holes' or the 'Lakeview G&C club 4x9 holes'. both these courses have a walk in rate of 3500Baht+caddy fees (250+250 min) but as my guest you would pay half of the standard green fee and I could introduce a maximum of 3 people at one time.

Any advice regarding which courses to play during my stay would be most appreciated; also info re good restaurants (I like all kinds of food) and golfing bars where I could meet up with fellow golfers. I shall be driving down so I will have my own transport during my stay.

Wishing you all happy golfing and remember 'When your dead ALL the putts are uphill'