Airasia Fake Prices

blossombkk

but believe me, i know how to read.

No, Blossom, I don't think you do. If AA say "we fly to 100 destinations, from Bt790", that means you can fly to at least ONE destination for Bt790. It does not mean you can fly to ALL destinations for that price. Next time you might like to get a grown up to help you with the reading.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is a similar thread going on forever regarding Agoda pricing.

If you do not understand what companies do, don't use them.

If you do understand just cherry pick to get great deals.

It is all buyer beware in the jungle today.

AirAsia is great. They have good promotions with lots of avalability at the advertised prices for people who can understand their website.

A quick check is showing avalability at the advertised price for the route you want on June 4,5,7,8,9,10,11.........

The deals are there, you just need to read carefully.

Understanding their website is key. The person(s) that designed it are backward to say the least. It has gotten slightly better in the last 1.5 years. I still won't fly on them.

I won't fly with them either, but that doesn't mean that the designers of the website are backward. I would say on the contrary, it is carefully constructed to make it as difficult as possible to navigate without incurring additional charges.

The worm on the fishhook comes to mind.

To those that know how to get the " good " deals please bear in mind that for every one of you there are dozens or even hundreds of people who get scammed.

Just my 2 cents

Yermaneejap.gif

I was giving them the benefit of doubt.thumbsup.gif

AirAsia has without a doubt the most devious bassackwards website in the biz. I'm used to it now. I use them so much I'm wise to their <deleted>. Charges for Insurance, meals, picking your seat, don't even think about trying to correct something once you've started. Just go back to the beginning and start again. I hate AirAsia and use them all the time. Bought a ticket this morning. Hate em.

If you're willing to go through all that <deleted> just to save a thousand baht here or there, it says a lot about the state of your bank account.

So it is such a big deal for you to pay 1000 baht plus a couple of other clearly indicated fees that add up to perhaps 500 baht and then simply book? You rather fly Bangkok Air for 3000 baht for basically the same flight you could have with Airasia? Airasia uses brandnew planes and if you arrive early or late or check-in online you can jump the queues (really the only negative thing I found is the long waiting lines but I had that happen with 5-star airlines too).

I don't even consider Bangkok Air. The only place they go that I want to go is Samui and I'd rather have my own transportation when I am there.

No, you are wrong, OP. I have been flying AirAsia since they set up shop in Thailand. Their sales are amazing. Yes, the final total fare ends up being more than the advertised sale price, but the sales are still a great deal...and their regular, non-sale prices are nothing to sneeze at either. Also, keep in mind that if you are using them for regional travel, all airport fees (750 baht out of Suvarnabhumi, $25 US out of Phnom Penh, etc.) are now included in the price of your ticket, sale or otherwise.

I will agree that AirAsia's on-line ticketing policies have turned somewhat sleazy and tricky to maneuver over the years, but if one is an intelligent, educated person, one can easily navigate the maze they set up for you as you make a reservation and avoid insurance fees, pre-purchased meals, premium assigned seats, etc., and end up with a low-priced seat on a very efficiently-run airline.

For me it is just easier to use Thai and with a few straight forward clicks I have a reservation number. Plus I use the Star Alliance points. I travel a lot so that is a huge savings for me.

For me it is just easier to use Thai and with a few straight forward clicks I have a reservation number. Plus I use the Star Alliance points. I travel a lot so that is a huge savings for me.

Really ? I'm a bit surprised you save travelling with Thai. I also collect Thai / Star Alliance miles but on a lot of the shorter routes they are just not price competitive with companies such as Air Asia and Jet Star. BKK to SG for example, Thai are consistently at least twice as expensive sad.png Similarly they are much cheaper on the routes BKK to Jakarta or SG to Jakarta than Thai, Garuda or SQ.

I think Air Asia are great and will continue to use them when flying short hops around SE Asia / E Asia.

Regardless of how smart I am or what my reading comprehension is, I'd like to see the bottom line price for a flight. Yes, eventually I'll get to the bottom line but airlines with those kinds of come ons irritate me and if I have a choice, I'll choose a different airline even if the price is higher. Unfortunately, at least within Thailand you don't always have a choice. For instance, flying from Loei to Bangkok. No matter how far in advance I book, I have never been able to get the advertised economy fare.

Scam or no scam?

BigC advertises a 50" LCD TV for only THB 19,900.

Promotion period 1-5/31-5-2012.

Depending on availability.

Customer goes to BigC on 1-5-2012 just after opening hours, wants to buy the LCD in the promotion and gets the answer: "Sold out, Misterrrrr!" Of course, the staff tries to talk the customer into a more expensive LCD tv.

Scam or no scam? I would say........no scam. The clause "depending on availability" says it all. Same as the clause: "from".

Scam or no scam?

BigC advertises a 50" LCD TV for only THB 19,900.

Promotion period 1-5/31-5-2012.

Depending on availability.

Customer goes to BigC on 1-5-2012 just after opening hours, wants to buy the LCD in the promotion and gets the answer: "Sold out, Misterrrrr!" Of course, the staff tries to talk the customer into a more expensive LCD tv.

Scam or no scam? I would say........no scam. The clause "depending on availability" says it all. Same as the clause: "from".

TIT, that sums it up!