Australian Man Kills His Canadian Wife

sriracha john

Hey piss off with the grandma crap you bunch of chauvanists!!!!!!!!! Don't you understand that age is often irellevant? It is about a personality. I sense a nasty feeling of dislike. never mind when "old Grandpa comes to Thailand to look for a 19 year old chick eh???"

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope Nepal4me and the geezer who writes his name in Thai are speaking in jest...... if there is a remote bit of seriousness in what they both said I reckon they should be labelled Ultra Suspicious !!!!!! F###### CREEPS

Coarse I'm kidding you old dingbat. I mean with all the idiotic comments on this thread, thought I'd add my own. I even laughed out loud when I wrote it. Amazing people will actually react to shlt like this. Fricken moron.

Fricken Moron yourself Nepal!! And less of the old dingbat please. Can we be civil about this? I have just as good a sense of humour as yours but I felt it was too soon, and too inappropriate to be making such silly comments as yours. Anything wrong with that? Scruples you know?

Horrible way for the family of the lady to find out: a phone call from her murderer? Creepy. My heart goes out to them.

Senseless tragedy for all IMO.

-------------------------------------

On a lighter note~~~~~~

"My husband finds Asian women unattractive, except for the stunning beauties in Chiang Mai. Notice that we will be living in Korat."

And he's convinced you of this, right cathyy? :D:D

Smart man! :o:D

If I was a falang woman, I wouldn't let my husband or boyfriend anywhere NEAR THAILAND! I've been out on the prowl with too many guys, later to find out they were married. I've been divorced for ten years and visiting Thailand for the same. Once you dip your toe into the seedy life, I doubt you are a good candidate for an exclusive relationship.

Living, working and making "big money" in Thailand I think you would need an iron will not to wander. I have no idea if that has anything to do with this tragedy. But it wouldn't surprise me.

~WISteve

Would you say it was a huge age difference if it were the other way round? Who is to say that she wasn't attractive? Look at Susan Sarandon, Demi Moore. Watch out guys. You oldies may find yourselves home alone more :o

Come on, how often do we see older women with younger guys compared to younger women with older guys?

Let's just say I have a suspicion as to your gender and mother tongue.

More info:

**repetitive details omitted**

BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) - An Australian man beat his Canadian wife to death with a hammer after an angry quarrel over her demands that they move to her homeland, police said Saturday.

Police Lt. Sumet Nuangkhantee, who interrogated McLeod Saturday, said the couple had been quarrelling recently with the wife, Barbara Lynn, 61, demanding her husband go to live with her in Canada. The dispute erupted again after she bought plane tickets to Canada for a Friday morning flight.

McLeod, from the state of New South Wales, is an employee of True Corporation, a communications company, while his wife worked for Hutchinson Telecommunications.

Police said the couple had been married for several years before moving to Thailand four years ago.

so a farang with a farang wife does something outragous. are we clutching at straws or what. She wasn't eaten by snakes at least.

Lets just take this as it is. A bloke from Australia with a wife older than he is, losing it when he was doing bit of DIY (doing in yourself) thinking "christ I could be at home with an older women than this cooking me kangaroo steaks without a promise to retire in bloody canada" do you leave it at that or take things into your own hands (literally) and edge your bets. Personally having met a lot of Canadians (not even that age) i would rather risking nick than 10 years with a slow talking, lip smacking, non-motivating, pension taking, north american

Good god, she was 17 years his senior.......and Canadian. 

No wonder he bludgeoned her to death.  I would have done the same.

The world doesn't need the likes of you....racist.....inhumane !

Sick ba@tard !

Jem

i'm going out on a limb here, but i think he was joking, look at his avatar!

anyhow, time moves slower in canada because it's so freeking cold so 61 years is like 40 for anyone else.

the farang buttheads at thai visa dot com at it again bringing you all the latest news important to life in thailand...

Such an astute observation... We all appreciate you coming out with your first post after eight months of lurking to enlighten us with your insight.

Hopefully, it'll be another eight months before we hear from you again.

Sad joke...

I think she was a remarkable woman. She sure was hopeless superior over this helpless nothing.

Btw, N4m, did you found a "good School" for your 9 y. o. maid?

I wonder why it is you think she was a remarkable woman. You must know something the rest of us don't. Could you please share with us the benefit of your greater knowledge?

N4m,

only for you:

She was able to attract a 17 years younger man, she went to Asia as a "grandmother" after retiring in Canada and started a second successful career in Asia/Thailand, she was building a house on Puk@, she could afford flights to Canada just for Christmas; you think this is not remarkable? Your live (and that of your 9-year old maid...) must be very extraordinary that you can think this lady wasn't special.

N4m perhaps people like you ought to be put in boxes where others can come and observe you as weird specimens of the human race? You know, a full on study. The way you are talking is as if this poor woman deserved her fate and I find that abhorrent. Not only you but others too. Imagine if her relatives are reading this site????? For goodness sake have some dignity. Nothing personal as I don't know you, but please...........

A woman gets brutally murdered and some creeps here post offensive and insensitive stuff (and then some of them say they were only joking). Whether they were only joking, or not, I find it very disturbing ! How would they have felt if the person murdered had been a relative or a friend of theirs and then they had come across posts with insensitive stuff about the murder and the murdered person ?

And then, some of these creeps say 'Enough of PC stuff'. Being against offensive and insensitive stuff is not necessarily being pro-PC or anything like that, morons ! It is called being humane.

Sad !

Jem

Edited by JemJem

I think this is a crime of passion, given the brutal nature of the murder. I often see in older farang tourist couples, (especially cases where the wife is fat and unattractive) a certain tension on the part of the husband who is fantasizing and thinking how he could be with a young Thai woman instead of his over the hill wife. Perhaps, the aussie suspect was sexually repressed, or even had a Thai girlfriend that was pushing him to leave his wife. He for sure is mentally unstable and I hope Thailand doesn't get stuck with the bill of incarcerating him the rest of his life.

I also would like to say that I feel bad for the victim. Apparently one of the posters knows something about the poor lady. She sounds like a good person and she surely didn't deserve such a fate. I hope they throw the sick murdering husband into the Bangkok Hilton and keep him in shackles the rest of his life.

Who knows what the truth is??

No-one got anything else to think about on Boxing Day morning?

I was going to cook some bacon and poached eggs, but on waking to the inimitable smell of fried salted fish have decided to pass on anything.

Perhaps it was an argument about cooking? Or Money? Or Sex?Or Life?

I have hidden the hammers. Once had a Thai g/f poured a lot of petrol over her husband and set fire to him. But that was a quite straightforward matter of Sex and Neglect

My deepest sympathies to all involved. What a terrible Christmas for her family--as well as the husband's family.

I know for some foreign couples, life can get difficult because of a limited support system and a different set of values and norms. Add to that the Christmas stuff and all the other unknowns and you have a very tragic incident.

In the West incidents of domestic violence go through the roof at Christmas time, one of the more unpleasant realities of the festive period. The time of year seems to have a way of bringing simmering tensions within relationships to the boil. Maybe it played a part here in spite of the fact they were living in Thailand. Two lives wrecked and no doubt many others horribly affected. The bloke must be a complete tw@t.

Edited by thebounder

Australian expat arrested for bludgeoning wife to death

BANGKOK: -- An Australian man confessed yesterday to killing his Canadian wife with a hammer and attempting to cover it up by disposing of her body and filing a missing person’s report, police said. The body of Barbara Lynn McLeod, 61, was found dumped in bushes on Sukhumvit Soi 20 in Khlong Toei district yesterday morning.

Shortly after, her husband Stewart Keith McLeod, 44, an employee of True Corporation, reported to police that his wife had been missing since leaving their house on Thursday evening.

McLeod was later taken to identify his wife’s body, which was found about 200 metres away from their home.

During a search of McLeod’s two-storey house, police found traces of blood on the ground floor and more blood in a bedroom on the second floor. McLeod told police a thief might have broken into the house, killed his wife and dumped her body in the bushes.

After nearly an hour of interrogation, McLeod confessed that he and his wife had an argument that ended in his beating her to death with a hammer before disposing of her body in the bushes.

He later led police to a storage room where he had hidden the hammer, bloodstained pillowcases and bed sheet.

Police investigators said that the couple was planning to celebrate Christmas in Canada.

McLeod is in police custody pending trial on charges of premeditated murder, while his wife’s body has been sent for an autopsy.

Police said investigations revealed the incident might have stemmed from arguments over McLeod’s alleged involvement with a Thai woman.

--The Nation 2005-12-24

Should have done it in Kanchanaburi not Bangkok then he would be up for bail.

Australian expat arrested for bludgeoning wife to death

BANGKOK: -- An Australian man confessed yesterday to killing his Canadian wife with a hammer and attempting to cover it up by disposing of her body and filing a missing person’s report, police said. The body of Barbara Lynn McLeod, 61, was found dumped in bushes on Sukhumvit Soi 20 in Khlong Toei district yesterday morning.

Shortly after, her husband Stewart Keith McLeod, 44, an employee of True Corporation, reported to police that his wife had been missing since leaving their house on Thursday evening.

McLeod was later taken to identify his wife’s body, which was found about 200 metres away from their home.

During a search of McLeod’s two-storey house, police found traces of blood on the ground floor and more blood in a bedroom on the second floor. McLeod told police a thief might have broken into the house, killed his wife and dumped her body in the bushes.

After nearly an hour of interrogation, McLeod confessed that he and his wife had an argument that ended in his beating her to death with a hammer before disposing of her body in the bushes.

He later led police to a storage room where he had hidden the hammer, bloodstained pillowcases and bed sheet.

Police investigators said that the couple was planning to celebrate Christmas in Canada.

McLeod is in police custody pending trial on charges of premeditated murder, while his wife’s body has been sent for an autopsy.

Police said investigations revealed the incident might have stemmed from arguments over McLeod’s alleged involvement with a Thai woman.

--The Nation 2005-12-24

Should have done it in Kanchanaburi not Bangkok then he would be up for bail.

with millions of people in bkk , did no one see this ?

Update

Man kills homesick wife

Plane tickets to Canada led to fatal fight, Thai police say

BANGKOK -(AP)- An Australian man beat his Canadian wife to death with a hammer after an angry quarrel over her demands that they move to her homeland, police said Saturday.

Stewart Keith McLeod, 44, was charged with murdering his wife and dumping her battered body in bushes along a residential street in the Thai capital Friday.

He remains in police custody pending trial.

Police Lt. Sumet Nuangkhantee, who interrogated McLeod Saturday, said the couple had been quarrelling recently with the wife, Barbara Lynn, 61, originally from the Toronto area, demanding her husband go to live with her in Canada. The dispute erupted again after she bought plane tickets to Canada for a Friday morning flight.

An angry McLeod beat her to death, disposed of her body and then went to police to report his wife's disappearance.

The guy lost it. Plain and simple.

Hey buddy, Instead of practicing carpentry on your wife, perhaps a more appropriate response would be, "Hey, maybe we should get divorced"

Perhaps this was said before and perhaps the lady told the man she would take all the money and make his life hel_l. Perhaps. But that is no reason to kill

I am soooo glad I divorced my wife and did not resort to murdering her even though she drove me nuts. I'm sure my ex is happy I didn't strangle her too. :o:D You can rebuild your money. Even 30 days in jail is 30 days too long without freedom.

I agree with most folks. It would be absolute torture to spend time in Thailand with a unattractive western wife. If the western woman nags too, that would be even a crueler hel_l.

Condolonces to the woman and her family

Don't worry, sweetie. I'm sure with your charm, some woman out there is planning your demise. You won't be missed.

And as for the strange age difference "normally" being the other way around, do you still believe that younger women love old men for their ..... mind????  :D

Unusual maybe but why strange? I have a Thai friend in England who has a boyfriend 14 years younger than her, she is 46. She has an ordinary job and he has a well paid occupation.

My Thai wife was 16 years younger than me, so what. Age wasn't a factor, nor was income as she was well paid too.

:D

I was responding to a previous poster who commented on the "unusual" age difference. According to many on this board, it's only "strange" when it concerns an older woman and a younger man.

By the way, older woman/younger man is a lot more common in the West. Great grandpa and young girl are a lot more common here; wonder why :o

Let's hope Nepal4me and the geezer who writes his name in Thai are speaking in jest...... if there is a remote bit of seriousness in what they both said I reckon they should be labelled Ultra Suspicious !!!!!! F###### CREEPS

You're far too decent and respectful towards those who are beneath contempt. I'm sure with their values and character, they've probably managed to marry a really, sweet younger woman, who is counting the days until they drop dead.

The big confusion I have about all this is trying to understand how they both managed to get IT jobs in Thailand.  Especially ol' grandma......

:D

The rest of the story of course is perfectly understandable and probably happens more often than we know about - in either direction, husband or wife.

kenk3z

Obviously, Grandma had a lot more going on than most of the male jet trash that washes up on these shores.