Two Students From Macau Hurt Following Latest Pattaya Beach Jet Ski Scam

Rimmer

Two students from Macau hurt following latest Pattaya Beach Jet Ski Scam

PATTAYA:--Two students from Macau have vowed never to return to Thailand after they were attacked by Jet Ski Operators who demanded cash from them for damage they were alleged to have caused to two Jet Ski’s they had earlier rented on Pattaya Beach.

Mr. Ka Hong Un aged 21 and Mr. Man Tek Lei of the same age reported the incident at Pattaya Police Station with the assistance of an interpretor. They explained how they had rented two Jet Ski’s for 45 minutes. They returned them to the operator and claimed not to have caused any damage or been involved in any accident. Despite this the operator demanded they handover 100,000 Baht to cover damage caused by them.

The two students were unable to pay and at Pattaya Police Station negotiated a settlement of 15,000 Baht which was then reduced to 7,000 Baht which left the students with only 1,000 Baht left to buy food until they were due to return to Macau. The money was handed over and the students returned to their Hotel to find two of the operators waiting outside. The two students were then assaulted in the street by them

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/53378/students-macau-hurt-latest-pattaya-beach-jet-ski-scam/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-04-17

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

aside from the problems caused by these guys renting a jet ski, (and i sympathize,) why would you ever come here from Macau ?

perhaps they felt like slumming it......

Cheap sex and booze perhaps?

No No No

Because of The Wonderful Countryside and the Temples

Sad, they thought they could go to the Police for help.

Over 90% discount...i'd call that pretty helpful!

But share the general sentiments re the touts...there goes the Macao market.

As to why they came...cheaper than the basement of the Lisboa :)

Edited by FarangBuddha

Obvious scam! Police should be ashamed to even allow a settlement as there is no way they would come down 93% on the estimate. Who were the crooked cops that helped negotiate this wonderful deal? Shouldn't the PM get involved as i believe she is part Macaw?

• Like 1

Obvious scam! Police should be ashamed to even allow a settlement as there is no way they would come down 93% on the estimate. Who were the crooked cops that helped negotiate this wonderful deal? Shouldn't the PM get involved as i believe she is part Macaw?

Part parrot? really?

• Like 1

Part parrot? really?

100%whistling.gif
  • Like 2

Not so long ago a friend of mine got a few quotes to have his beaten up old cars bodywork completely repaired and resprayed, that included having many dents and scratches taken out, which would have needed panel beating and filler work...Total cost approx 20,000b, so my guess is that even for 7,000b those guys were still ripped off big time and that's even assuming that they did any damage in the first place which as we all know is highly unlikely.

I don't know really what else can be said about this scum and their helpers or accomplices that hasn't already been said other than to once again say that an order from very high up needs to be given to jump on those responsible, the big question for me is how high up the power tree does that order need to come from without he or she who gives that order running the risk of somebody suddenly pulling rank if you get my meaning

Booze is way cheaper in macau , try a long kneck bottle of Tsing Tao for 4.5 patacas = under 20 bhat . There are plenty of Chinese hookers too, in town and across the frontier gate . These boys got more than they bargained for .

the only thing that suprises me about this story is the huge drop from demand to settlement. I am not in pattaya now but my photo/scam count is now on 72. i am also certain that only a total ban on the renting of ski's will cure that particular scam. anything else, new rules, new arbitration etc etc will simply be either ignored or dodged one way or another.

as a ban is unlikely expect topics like this one to repeat on a regular basis, and just hope that by reading threads such as this some newbies can avoid the pain.

"Macaw" is a parrot. Sorry.

Obvious scam! Police should be ashamed to even allow a settlement as there is no way theyYes would come down 93% on the estimate. Who were the crooked cops that helped negotiate this wonderful deal? Shouldn't the PM get involved as i believe she is part Macaw?

Yes she is.thumbsup.gif Edited by FOODLOVER

Logically, these Jet-ski operators should have been shut down ages ago. But that's according to western logic and as we know, Thai logic and western logic are 180 degrees opposed.

Thai logic dictates that since the victims aren't Thai nationals, it's alright to steal from them because they don't have to be in the country (and besides, they're not Thai, so they're not really humans).

Thai logic also dictates that since the scammers are of the low-life criminal element, they'll only choose crime as a way of life anyway, so you should just let them carry on with the Jet-ski scam. Let's face it, they could murder and steal (from other Thais) to make a living, so it's much better that they rob and beat foreigners. Besides, this activity helps to subsidize the low base pay of some BIB.

BTW, I like walking by these guys at Pattaya Beach just so they'll ask me to rent one of their Jet-skis. When they do, I explain to them that I can't afford it as I didn't bring 50,000 baht to the beach with me. Sometimes (but not often) one of them understands the sarcasm and gives me a dirty look.

Obvious scam! Police should be ashamed to even allow a settlement as there is no way theyYes would come down 93% on the estimate. Who were the crooked cops that helped negotiate this wonderful deal? Shouldn't the PM get involved as i believe she is part Macaw?

Yes she is.thumbsup.gif

That's good news and can solve the problem!

All we need here now is a volounteer that keep repeating "Stop the jetsky scammers", then he need to go at an heareble distance from the pm and just just do that, as soon as the Macaw step inside the "control room" again she will just repeat what she was hearing and the problem disappear...

• Like 1

I can just imagine some falang losing it and going to the beach with a AK47

or finding out where they store them and torching the place - just my imagination running away

The mayor should be ashamed of himself and the new police chief just might shake the tree - who knows

• Like 2

I can just imagine some falang losing it and going to the beach with a AK47

or finding out where they store them and torching the place - just my imagination running away

The mayor should be ashamed of himself and the new police chief just might shake the tree - who knows

yeah,..... if money was no object {just incase i got caught}i would'nt mind seeing some farang justice dished out to such deserving scum !

is it not possible for TV to get a petition started that can be sent to the relevent embassies to stop this scum from scamming tourists ?,..........the only thing that will stop this greed will be the loss of tea money and tourists dollars,....... justice will never be done, or even seen to be done here , for assaulting these kids they should be locked up for a week and have their lisences confiscated {if they have one} or return the ''stolen money'' ,.......... i notice that around 80%+ of the time the scum choose to pick on other asians, hong kong,japanese,malaysians,singapore , or any others that seem easier targets IMHO , as i think the thais think they are on an equal footing with other asians , as opposed to bigger farangs often with more powerful govts; has this ever happened to U.S marines ????