Two Students From Macau Hurt Following Latest Pattaya Beach Jet Ski Scam

Rimmer

has this ever happened to U.S marines ????

they are already at the mercy of the Phuket's tuk-tuk drivers....don't stir the knife in their wounds, let's hope for the Seals or at the very least, the parrot laugh.png

I can just imagine some falang losing it and going to the beach with a AK47

or finding out where they store them and torching the place - just my imagination running away

The mayor should be ashamed of himself and the new police chief just might shake the tree - who knows

maybe our TV Friend Tim Sharkey should rent one !

"the new police chief just might shake the tree - who knows...................."

Along with the police chief would be the mayor and any other official trying to control the jet-ski mafia........................shaking IN a tree. The gangs woulk likely bring harm to family members, friends, spouses, etc. if some official took meaninful action against them.

I can just imagine some falang losing it and going to the beach with a AK47

or finding out where they store them and torching the place - just my imagination running away

The mayor should be ashamed of himself and the new police chief just might shake the tree - who knows

Now we're talking.

I do love constructive posts. Now where's Rambo's number...?

--Just another example how the city council and mayor has no power to control this or other kinds of crime in the city. The police has their own rules and guide lines and is seperate from the city government. (if you call this "government" compared to other civilized countries)

"the new police chief just might shake the tree - who knows...................."

Along with the police chief would be the mayor and any other official trying to control the jet-ski mafia........................shaking IN a tree. The gangs woulk likely bring harm to family members, friends, spouses, etc. if some official took meaninful action against them.

I somehow don't think the Mayor or his family are likely to come to any harm. I suggest you check out his father Somchai, also known as Kanman Poh, who famously said "I used to have enemies in Chonburi but they all died".

Edited by Orac

Just now on the Discovery Channel were broadcasting the new TAT advertisement, "Come to Play!" and "Amazing Thailand !" with a good part of the video focusing just on the jetsky and banana boats, how disgusting!!!

Just now on the Discovery Channel were broadcasting the new TAT advertisement, "Come to Play!" and "Amazing Thailand !" with a good part of the video focusing just on the jetsky and banana boats, how disgusting!!!

The TAT spends billions covering up the issues that effect the future of tourism.

The TAT movie I saw on the airplane even suggested Gem shopping.

Are the criminals so organized they have the TAT in their pocket too?

BANGKOK: -- Thailand's National Counter-Corruption Commission (NCCC) has found sufficient grounds to believe that former Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) chief Juthamas Siriwan received money in a film festival bribery case involving an American couple.

NCCC Commissioner Klanarong Chantik said Wednesday that the anti-graft body endorsed the findings of its subcommittee that Mrs Juthamas took a bribe from a Los Angeles film-producing couple.

is it not possible for TV to get a petition started that can be sent to the relevent embassies to stop this scum from scamming tourists ?,..........the only thing that will stop this greed will be the loss of tea money and tourists dollars,....... justice will never be done, or even seen to be done here , for assaulting these kids they should be locked up for a week and have their lisences confiscated {if they have one} or return the ''stolen money'' ,.......... i notice that around 80%+ of the time the scum choose to pick on other asians, hong kong,japanese,malaysians,singapore , or any others that seem easier targets IMHO , as i think the thais think they are on an equal footing with other asians , as opposed to bigger farangs often with more powerful govts; has this ever happened to U.S marines ????

If you follow the news, the consulate reps from a variety of countries routinely meet with the government officials of Phuket and Pattaya. Scams are top of the list. And nothing is ever done. Too much money involved and it ends up in too many government officials pockets.