Heathfield International School

aridion

I have sent a few applications to UK schools. Hopefully might get an interview.

And to think I only came on here for advice on Heathfield...hahah I know, unreal eh?

Great stuff, short term you'll regret it due to the English bullshit but my oh my will it serve you well after you finish with England.

Good luck.

Totally agree Norman. It's a necessary evil that will serve you well in the long term.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for too aridion. Please let us know how you get on.

It may harm me in the future. That is true. However, I have no intent on teaching in the UK as a career option.

I know that a few years at an international school can result in moving onto a 'better' international school.

Not really. "Good" intl schools in thailand want to see several years experience in your home country. It's certainly not going to keep u from getting a job, it just won't be at the high end , high paying intl schools.

If I had NQT year done, and then return to UK 5 years later, would my Internatonal school experience count on the UK pay scale. I was under the impression it wouldn't.

Why wouldn't it? It's up to the school where they place you on the salary scale points. If you impress them at interview, they'll do you a deal. If you don't impress them at interview, they won't offer you the post at all. I started more than half-way up the teaching pay scale due to previous, non-teaching, experience.