Buyiong A Bike And Changing Title In Book In Another Province.

Spoonman

Okies am looking at buying a new toy from Phuket (Iam in Chonburi), I will not hand over any cash until the bike is in my name, how can I do this in Phuket given that I have no address there ?

Also, I assume if all goes well in Phuket it is a simple(ish) ordeal to change book/plate to Chonburi, or is it ?

I guess it's no different for motorbikes than it is for cars.

All I know is that when the truck was sold, we took the money, my wife gave a receipt for the money, a copy of her I.D. and copy of her house book and the book for the truck.

The people then went back to Changmay to a DLT and got it changed into there name and got new number plates too.

Please make sure that it’s really the green book of the bike. Make a contract with the seller; you’ll need copies of his ID, signed.

You can’t change the registration in Phuket into a Chonburi number; this has to be done in Chonburi only.

Best advice: Let them bring the bike to Chonburi, take them to the local transportation to get it into your name.

Transport companies who bring big bikes to all provinces are in every province. So there’s no reason for the seller to say no.

Good luck from a Isanbiker…..wai.gif

The book is fine and Iam well aware I cannot change it to a Chonburi plate in Phuket.

Not a chance will the guy bring the bike here.

Can I put the bike in my name in Phuket with my Chonburi address (I do not have an address in Phuket).

Can I put the bike in my name in Phuket with my Chonburi address (I do not have an address in Phuket).

Unless Phuket has its own peculiar regulation on the matter, you should not have a problem.

I just went all the way up to Chiang Mai to buy a car from a guy. The seller and I went to the DLT together and had the vehicle's Blue Book (along with the vehicle's current plates) changed to my name with my out-of-province ID. I told the officials there that I would be transferring the vehicle plates when I returned to the province of my address. They assisted by beginning the 'transfer' paper work right then. When the officials handed over the Blue Book in my name, I gave the cash to the seller. Later that week, I then took my new Blue book to my provincial DLT, they re-registered it to my province and gave me new provincial vehicle plates.

Bring a screw driver because you will have to exchange your out-of-province plates for your new provincial plates.

Edited by luwahn

Unless Phuket has its own peculiar regulation on the matter, you should not have a problem.

I just went all the way up to Chiang Mai to buy a car from a guy. We all went to the DLT together and had the vehicle's Blue Book changed to my name with my out-of-province ID. When the officials handed over the Blue Book in my name, I exchanged the cash to the seller. Later that week, I then took my new Blue book to my provincial DLT, they re-registered it to my address and gave me new provincial vehicle plates.

Bring a screw driver because you will have to exchange your out-of-province plates for your new provincial plates.

I also bought an out of province car a couple of weeks ago, and will have the registration changed to Bangkok soon. Since you have just been through this process, do you mind if I ask you what is required to change the province (I would imagine blue book, my passport, yellow tabien bahn and photocopies of the aforementioned), and approximately how much this will cost?

Sophon

I just went all the way up to Chiang Mai to buy a car from a guy. We all went to the DLT together and had the vehicle's Blue Book changed to my name with my out-of-province ID. When the officials handed over the Blue Book in my name, I exchanged the cash to the seller. Later that week, I then took my new Blue book to my provincial DLT, they re-registered it to my address and gave me new provincial vehicle plates.

I also bought an out of province car a couple of weeks ago, and will have the registration changed to Bangkok soon. Since you have just been through this process, do you mind if I ask you what is required to change the province (I would imagine blue book, my passport, yellow tabien bahn and photocopies of the aforementioned), and approximately how much this will cost?

Sophon

That's exactly all you will need.

They will also perform (another) vehicle inspection.

My transfer fee with new plate was some low baht number.....2xx THB I believe. I don't remember the exact amount, I was so engrossed in overcoming the language barrier - no one there spoke English.

Edited by luwahn