Optimal Bts Station To Get A Taxi To Suvarnabhumi?

I am travelling from my condo near On Nut BTS station to Swampy at 6:30pm tonight. I'm normally a public transport freak, but the MTS is up the spout today. Outside rush hour I would simply get a taxi all the way and maybe with my easy access to Bang-Na/Ram Inthra highway I will do that anyway (20 minutes and 90 baht taxi + 55 baht tolls last night coming into On Nut - outstanding, but hair raising as usual and eco-unsound).

But out of interest, does anyone have the lowdown on which BTS station between (and including) On Nut and Bearing is optimal for travel time/availability of hovering taxis.

[Have searched the forum, I'm sure this has been adressed but can't find the right combination of key words]

Best station for taxi:

- BTS Udomsuk (Free from On Nut) - Taxi to Airport

Alternatives (public transport)

- BTS Phayathai - ARL to airport

- BTS Onnut - Bus to airport

550 Suvarnabhumi Airport – Happy Land (05.00 – 24.00 hours)

On-nutch – Khet Prawes – On-nutch Intersection – Bangkapi Intersection – Happy Land

- BTS Onnut - Public van (same # as bus)

550 Suvarnabhumi Airport – Happy Land (05.00 – 24.00 hours) On-nutch – Khet Prawes – On-nutch Intersection – Bangkapi Intersection – Happy Land

- BTS Ekkamai - Eastern bus station:

55 Ekkamai Bus Terminal – On-nutch Intersection – Suvarnabhumi Airport – Klongsuan – Klong Prawes

– Chachoengsau – Amphur Bang Klah

etc. etc.

Edited by Jdietz
  • Like 1

It doesn't make any sense to take the BTS all the way back to Phayathai to take the ARL if you are starting at On Nut. Obviously, the best way is just to take a taxi. You could also take the 519 bus down On Nut Road and get off at Huamark Station and take the ARL from there.

Jdietz is joining the ranks fo the many posetrs who seem to believe the truth is on the web re buses; it is wrong. This seems to be real plague on TV- plus that they even contest

1.the 550 bus does NOT serve Onnut BTS-station-as would be pretty obvious with the slightest clue of how this big city is subdivded. In fact it ends at Mochit now, coming along Lard Prao from bangkapi.-but runs only ev hour sor so at best. More buses from bangkapi/Mall-but very, very slow.

2.There is currently-since 1/11/11 NO more bus nor van from Onnut to Swampy. The best-if that choice is made, is to now go BTS till Bang Na and turn to the 552A vans coming from Pak Nam-again a very long+slow ride.

3.that 55 bus is a BoKoSo Upcountry bus-and if it still runs as big bus (more likely to be a van now) it runs maybe 4-5 times a day and will not due in-BKK transits.

4.evendone that change along Sri Nakarin/Hua Mahk from bus 145/519 to ARL? thats a walk in the hot sun for some 6/700 mtrs.

There is no part. BTS stop better/worse for taxi's-in fact avoiding the long+slow run via the bangna trat rd till Bang Phlee is best advice for going speedily to airport. If the your fear for the fast ride on the motorway is too big-then use ARL-train and turn it aorund: use taxi to go in comfort from house til nearest/easiest ARL stop.

Sometimes I really do not know why I take that time to correct all the wrong statements in this forum-and then they always brag about being such knowledgeable expats.

Why is it that those 550 and 555 or 556, etc all seem to have changed their routes? The one that used to serve Sanam Luang for instance that doesn't go anywhere near Khao San these days. I mean, forget Khao San you'd think Sanam Luang in itself is a destination that you should be able to get to via bus from the airport at least

4.evendone that change along Sri Nakarin/Hua Mahk from bus 145/519 to ARL? thats a walk in the hot sun for some 6/700 mtrs.

I have done it without any problem. My neighbor does it everyday on the way to work. It isn't that difficult at all.

There was nothing wrong with my statement that this is one possible option. I did preface it by saying that taking a taxi is simply the best if originating from On Nut!