Thai Refered To A Chinese Mexican

vspin134

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That line is said when they're talking about where to go to eat, one says Mexican the other says Thai and says Thai is like Chinese Mexican. Thailand is to the south of China and the food is spicier. It's an American show written by a white American dude, I wouldn't read anything else in to it

That line is said when they're talking about where to go to eat, one says Mexican the other says Thai and says Thai is like Chinese Mexican. Thailand is to the south of China and the food is spicier. It's an American show written by a white American dude, I wouldn't read anything else in to it

Well that is as wrong as possible.....US and Mexico are 2 young countries. USA hasn't developed any food yet. While China is one of the oldest culture that exists, with all that rich variety of food.

China and Thailand: Maybe when you compare Middle Europe with South Europe food. Or like North India and South India.

But as long as I know there is no US food, or? It is just a mix of the food from where the people came when they settled down in America.

I usually think of the Filipinos as the Mexicans of Asia. Except they can't cook for sh@t, unlike Mexicans. Not to cast aspersions on either nationality, of course.

There's something to that though as the Philippines used to be a colony of Spain administered from MEXICO.

post-37101-0-75756900-1334924176_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

Well that is as wrong as possible.....US and Mexico are 2 young countries. USA hasn't developed any food yet. While China is one of the oldest culture that exists, with all that rich variety of food.

China and Thailand: Maybe when you compare Middle Europe with South Europe food. Or like North India and South India.

But as long as I know there is no US food, or? It is just a mix of the food from where the people came when they settled down in America.

You're forgetting all the foodstuffs native to the Americas that contributed to American cuisine (and indeed the world including Thailand and China).
  • Like 1

I usually think of the Filipinos as the Mexicans of Asia. Except they can't cook for sh@t, unlike Mexicans. Not to cast aspersions on either nationality, of course.

now that you mention it, so do i, but it makes no sense.

are you serious? who do you think invented the corn dog?

now that you mention it, so do i, but it makes no sense.

It does make sense, actually. I find Filipino culture to have a wide Latin streak, based on religion and history. They even look like Mexicans; sometimes in the US I can't tell the difference!

• Like 1

If Thailand is to China what Mexico is to the US, does that make Mexicans cute?

i always thought of similarity between crossing the thai border into cambodia

and crossing the USA border into mexico smile.png

when you get to the other side ,things are cheaper,it feels a bit more dangerous ,drugs are plentiful ,police are more visibly corrupt etc etc etc ... biggrin.png

Edited by wana

thai food spicier than china? got to be kidding. one have to try those szechuan dishes to fully understand the meaning of spicy.

You have obviously never had genuine Mexican food as it is not spicy. Spicy salsa and condiments are a North American creation.

thai food spicier than china? got to be kidding. one have to try those szechuan dishes to fully understand the meaning of spicy.

Szechuan is spicy, that's true. But that's very rare in America, and most Chinese style food Americans eat is not as spicy as Thai. Thai equals very spicy food to Americans, so that's why the joke works.

You have obviously never had genuine Mexican food as it is not spicy. Spicy salsa and condiments are a North American creation.

Mexican food is varied and like Thai has spicy and non spicy food. I've eaten food in Mexico and I lived in a place with millions of Mexican immigrants and many of them ate spicy food, I guess you think they were doing it wrong. Again it doesn't really matter cause it was a joke on an American sitcom, and I was just explaining how it was used in the show

Edited by DP25

Yep really Mexicans in Mexico eat lots of spicy food. Of course not all Mexican dishes are spicy though. They feed hot chilies to babies there. It's absurd that anyone thinks they don't have spicy salsas in Mexico. Particularly at popular places serving "antijitos" style food. Understandable for anyone who never traveled in Mexico. Wow. Get real!

A taqueria in Mexico City:

post-37101-0-63679400-1334951538_thumb.j

Do those look like sugar sauces to you?

Edited by Jingthing

If Thailand is to China what Mexico is to the US, does that make Mexicans cute?

i always thought of similarity between crossing the thai border into cambodia

and crossing the USA border into mexico smile.png

when you get to the other side ,things are cheaper,it feels a bit more dangerous ,drugs are plentiful ,police are more visibly corrupt etc etc etc ... biggrin.png

now this makes sense

Edited by nocturn

You're forgetting all the foodstuffs native to the Americas that contributed to American cuisine (and indeed the world including Thailand and China).

Come on Jing....MacDonalds, Burger king and KFC are hardly cuisine

Well that's too bad because The White House Executive Chef - Cristeta Comerford is originally from the Philippines.

Well that's too bad because The White House Executive Chef - Cristeta Comerford is originally from the Philippines.

What I meant to say is that Filipino cuisine is crap -- undoubtedly the worst in East Asia, hands down. Should not have implied that there are no Filipinos who can cook well (other cuisines...).

What I meant to say is that Filipino cuisine is crap -- undoubtedly the worst in East Asia, hands down.

How about North Korean ?..wouldnt have thought eating soil, straw and occasional dog or cat as being too tasty

What I meant to say is that Filipino cuisine is crap -- undoubtedly the worst in East Asia, hands down.

How about North Korean ?..wouldnt have thought eating soil, straw and occasional dog or cat as being too tasty

I doubt that's what they serve at the fine North Korean restaurants ...coffee1.gif

I don't think America will have really made it until we have our own salad dressing. Until then we're stuck behind the French, Italians, Russians and Caesarians. ~Pat McNelis