Why Does Toasted Sandwich Taste So dam_n Great

what is wrong in investing in a toaster? just pop a couple of slices of wheat bread in the toaster then prepare what you want in the skillet and with lots of mayo and mustard and it tastes good every time!

Why get two things dirty when you can do everything in the skillet? Besides the toaster tends to dry the bread. Grilled in a skillet? Buttery golden brown! Making a Reuben in a toaster would be a disaster, although better than no Reuben at all.

You can have my cast iron skillet when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

I must admit that a 12" cast iron skillet is a superior implement in every way and acts like a griddle which is preferable to a toaster in most applications...

Many years ago, 7/11 had a BBQ chicken sandwich that was actually pretty good, but I tried one of the newer types a few weeks ago and it tasted exactly like I would guess that a frozen chicken sandwich would taste in Thailand - barely edible - but better than going hungry when in a pinch.

since I've been home since September the family have directed my attention away from the local 7-11 as something bad has happened there...I say: 'hey! I could use one of them hot dogs!...' for them to point me at the market and say: 'the lady with the nice backside at the tofu food stall is waiting fer you...' and then the 15 y.o. niece approaches oozing 15 y.o. sexuality and sez: 'sit down and relax uncle tutsi as there is nothing to worry about...'...it's conspiracy and I want to know what's going on...

it's the usual problem at 7-11 and the hot dog buns as they never can keep them in stock...and then the family reckons that I will leave and abandon them...as I lay down in despair the little niece approaches and cuddles up and sez: 'don't worry about them buns, uncle tutsi...if no buns available next week then someone and his family will certainly suffer...'...she's only 9 y.o. but I believe her...

• 2 weeks later...

Take a look at this picture and dream.

No problem,iv'e just had some: Cathedral City,mature cheddar.

If Cathedral City was a football team, it would be Chester City.....decidedly non-league......sorry.

Yeah if he'd said Montgomery I would have been informing the feds and tracking him down...