Matress Purchase

pantah

Different size compared to what?

There's a lot of standards around the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mattress#Mattress_dimensions

Here, your'e most likely to find American and Asian ones.

You can find mattress in any department store (Central, Robinson, ...) as well as in places like Index, SB Furniture, Ikea... Lot of choice and price ranges.

King and queen sizes are pretty much standard Thailand/USA all of my sheets from back home fit. I brought a memory foam single bed topping with me (too heavy to bring the king size one I had). Wife sleeps on mattress side and I get foam side (she does not like foam as she was used to sleeping on a pad on the hard floor).

I spent ages in the home pro / supermarkets looking at mattresses last year,. In the end, I popped into a local store on my walk home and the top of the line mattress they had was 2k less than the same as found in the other places. very comfy and supportive. Don't be scared of popping in to look; they will all deliver straight away as well/

For myself - I prefer a quite firm mattress - I have found the best solution to be custom-ordering from the firms that make the dense foam "gym-style" mats often used in massage shops, covered in a very durable vinyl. Big advantage is no problems with spills, bugs and they continue to look like new, until the vinyl starts to wear and even this is easily replaced.

I then buy plain white cotton in rolls and have custom fitted sheets made up with strong elastic, along with regular flat, pillow/bolster cases etc. I also use a cotton mattress cover under the fitted sheet so there isn't any awareness of the plastic under the sheets, for those sessions where you work up a major sweat.

The mattresses start to wear out in about 7-8 years, but that's with very heavy use, but as I said, I just replace the outer vinyl, the foam is still great now going on 12 years. The sheets last about 2-4, depending on how many sets you rotate and how they're washed.

Over the years I've had more made up as the household grows, easy to stack two or three in the kids room and then separate them out when extended family visits, and the kids love jumping and tumbling, no problem just remind them the walls aren't padded (yet 8-).

About B3,500 for queen size.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

Hi,

For a mattress, it depend of what you search.

I you can sleep on whatever bedding, you can buy mattress very cheap everywhere.

But if as me you have big back issues, it is not an opion for me to have a high quality bed.

I just ordered yesterday a King Size bed at Udon Furniture (Central Bangna) Dunlopillo Ultimate 100% Latex with 15 years warranty that was on sale at 34,000 THB. The feeling was better that other beds we tested costing 60-80,000.

Inc ase it can help... :)

PM

Not that I would have a good word to say about IKEA following my own recent experiences, but, they do have a 100 day return policy on any mattress. This at least gives you some time to become accustomed to it, or change it. Seems fair enough !!!