Ducati Monster 795

Just as a side note myself and Karlos are going to Paddoack on Sunday at about 11am to get some stuff (back and chest protector etc) so if you want to meet up or get a better deal with the 'power of numbers' then come along :)

Are we seriously complaining about service charge now??? Are they doing a good job? Are they taking care of your bike? Is it that expensive when you think of the brand you buy???

Honestly!!! This is just silly...

Sent from my GT-S5660 using Thaivisa Connect App

Not service charge but I would be questioning the 1600 bht for oil how much did they use is it some special ducat oil imported from Italy , never seen oil priced that high here not even at half that price.

Quality imported oils (e.g. Putoline etc.) can easily cost that much, or more.

http://www.gear4bike...troke_Oils.html

I wouldn't be putting cheap oil in a 400,000 baht bike.

Synthetic for the Versys is around 1200 or so as far as I remember so yeah 1600 seems perfectly normal to me?!

^

yeah but you would not be putting synthetic oil into a bike at it's first service, I have no doubt there is oil to this price I would just be checking that they are actual using a decent oil if I was paying that price.

• 2 weeks later...

f anyone is interested a few of us are going on a ride tomorrow (weather permitting).

We are meeting at BP Racing on the second road opposite the Siam Bayshore hotel at 1pm.

So far there is Dollarman on his Ninja 650, Col on his immaculate Streetfighter (stealth black and carbon) and Big guns on his 795 Monster.

Oh yes and me on my er6n.

We will be stopping somewhere for a coffee and cake.

See you there.

1000 thb per hour for labour?...it is even higher than hourly charges In USA or Europe...

factually incorrect. Though THB1000 is a bit steep, yes. Factor in that they all get training in Italy to keep current on the machines, plus it's Your Baby they're spinning wrenches on, not some throw-away bike, and it comes back into the brackets.

Get it out of warranty, then do your own basic work or even the valves & belts if your a bit handy. the two valve Ducs are very sorted mills, stone age simple & solid. The quatro valvoles are more work with four valve heads, liquid cooling and a high level of tune.

LAst time i checked, (4 years back) my Kawasaki dealership was charging 45 pounds per hour, or 2500B :S

If you take your bike to Ducati for a service you better take your own lube...KY that is because they are going to bend you over.....Oil filters similar to Ducatis are around 150 baht here in Thailand... Although I havn't found one yet made here but I'm still looking..If I have to i will get one from Ebay for $10.....and as for super duper oil...Have you ever heard of engine failure from low quality oil ??? And labour costs here are not 1000 baht per hour ..thats rediculous...its 10 minutes work..50 baht is reasonable.....its not Quantam physics....

If you take your bike to Ducati for a service you better take your own lube...KY that is because they are going to bend you over.....Oil filters similar to Ducatis are around 150 baht here in Thailand... Although I havn't found one yet made here but I'm still looking..If I have to i will get one from Ebay for $10.....and as for super duper oil...Have you ever heard of engine failure from low quality oil ??? And labour costs here are not 1000 baht per hour ..thats rediculous...its 10 minutes work..50 baht is reasonable.....its not Quantam physics....

HiFlo filters are good quality and made here, pm me if you want the local dealer's contact info.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

HiFlo filters are good quality and made here, pm me if you want the local dealer's contact info.

Would much appreciate the local dealers contact info...I've been to every shop in my home town , also looked on Google with no luck,plenty of dealers in the US or Europe just not here in Thailand..

Would much appreciate the local dealers contact info...I've been to every shop in my home town , also looked on Google with no luck,plenty of dealers in the US or Europe just not here in Thailand..

[email protected] is always very helpful and usually replies quite promptly, hiflo dealer here in Thailand.

[email protected] is always very helpful and usually replies quite promptly, hiflo dealer here in Thailand.

Thanks skybluestu i just contacted brett and he does not have ducati oil filters. So the search goes on.heres a pic of my new stainless grab rail.i no longer get pushed in the back every time i brake.cost 1800 baht

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect App

post-160076-13443926648_thumb.jpg

it is not the money of course just the principals.

But, i am sure they think like " hey, these guys can afford 400.00 thb for a bike it means they can afford an astronomical service charge as well especially if they are farang"

And, i do not think so they let their mechanics fly to Europe as they assemble the bikes in Thailand, right? Most probably, they trained these mechanics in Thailand factory by a trainer from Italy maximum.

Still, a Ducati is a Ducati which is a great bike so if i own it i pay it too unfortunately instead of servicing it by myself.

What can you do else?

You can get the filters, oil and service at a discount.

All you have to do is open a dealership, get a contract with Ducati Co., lease a building, hire a managing director, secretary, sales staff, mechanics,.. buy stock / parts, various fees / insurance....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just got back from the kawasaki dealer in pattaya.....Klx 250 filter 150baht......oil 350 baht a quart = $12. Less then two quarts needed (charged 700) they keep the extra oil.... seems high.....labor less then 10 minutes if you dont include watching oil drain 200baht.....

Why would they keep the extra oil?

It comes in 1L bottles, take any remaining oil home with you next time, you paid for it! :)

the total price of your service is pretty much the same as my Ninja 650, i think i paid 1100Baht all in for labour, oil and filter here in Bangkok (Real Motorsport)

But hey, back on topic, i forgot this was a DUcati monster thread lol :D

• 2 months later...

Picked up my M795 3 months ago and very happy. Yes it is a bit klunky around town so was my R6. Price for service is around the same price as R6 if you use main dealers that is the same as in UK.

Seat was slippy not now with the Ducati performance carbon.

May mods Rizoma and a new set of BST with new Deablo rosso corsa to put on when back in LOS in 3 weeks carnt wait.

Happy M795 rider.post-76338-0-84069600-1354255635_thumb.j

I like the Mike Hailwood colours. Nice.

Picked up my M795 3 months ago and very happy. Yes it is a bit klunky around town so was my R6. Price for service is around the same price as R6 if you use main dealers that is the same as in UK.

Seat was slippy not now with the Ducati performance carbon.

May mods Rizoma and a new set of BST with new Deablo rosso corsa to put on when back in LOS in 3 weeks carnt wait.

Happy M795 rider.post-76338-0-84069600-1354255635_thumb.j

Very nice, especially like the bars.

• 1 month later...

Finally found the oil filter at www.fastcorner.co.th ....Its a K & N filter made in Thailand of course...KN-153 ....theres a shop in Bangkok and Chiang Mai..still expensive at 640 baht but better than paying Ducatis rediculous price which is almost double....

Yeah that is the same place I found K&N for Kawasaki

Nice guy & he has some nice quality stuff in there

Monster 795 is now available with ABS, for what it's worth. Finally. 429k Baht.

I hear thew new tax jacked the price to 440,000Bt

10k more - thank God, that's not too bad.

I am considering this one but I am hearing rumors - totally unsubstantiated at this point - of a cheaper, smaller Asia-only version of the Multistrada....that would be killer.

Saw & met the owner of a nice Street Fighter today

My pics don't do it justice due to the shade/sunlight being what it was.

All the various covers on the clutch side of bike were carbon

Edited by mania