Dydns

skippybangkok

OK,

you used :8080 in the WAN IP address, but :80 (or nothing as it is the default port) on the LAN.

So I reckon that in the old modem, WAN port 8080 was forwarded to 192.168.1.10:80

You can either do the same, or just forward plain port 80 to 192.168.1.10:80

If you need additional ports for this device to work, just add those as well.

So I reckon that in the old modem, WAN port 8080 was forwarded to 192.168.1.10:80

100 % agree, eventually someone with network knowledge..puhh.

So he needs to portforward port 80 to his device. period.

Thats what I told them yesterday....tongue.png.

But it seems, they didnt read my post

100 % agree, eventually someone with network knowledge..puhh.

So he needs to portforward port 80 to his device. period.

Thats what I told them yesterday....tongue.png.

But it seems, they didnt read my post

Stunned................... it works !.......... Apologies to you guys, but also to Thaimite..............

I am 1000% positive i tried everything, but......... thought, might as well try it again.

used 80/80........... and it worked.

One wierd thing though, when using the dyndns url, it still had the old one from yesterday, and i got this Zyxel login screen...... i logged in, and was wondering what the hell was going on, as i have Cissco........yup........ i was in someone elses modem ( looked through their internet / url log file hehehehehhe ). waow, so easy......... need to really make sure i have good password on mine now !!!

if i reset my modem, and get a new IP from the ISP, will DYNDNs update the new IP ? How does that work ? now i know why sometimes my lights worked, and other times it did not, as IP wrong.

THANKS....

(apologies Thaimite, am also sure you led me thru the same steps, just no clue why it worked this evening - again, my competency on IT is the most likely cause.)

Okkkkkkkkkk.........

where to i apply now for my DDNS and port forwarding engineer license, and offer my consulting services........

always wondered what DDNS was in the modem setting............. now i go it.......... the modem will update the DNS in the DYNDNS..........

waow..... learnt so much

thanks again !

p.s. rebooted modem, got new IP.....went to dyndns.org.......... and the IP has updated itself............ cool

Edited by skippybangkok

The important thing is it's working. Congratulations

Your DynDNS if set up correctly in the modem shuld automatically update when you reboot.

Just make sure your account name and details are correct.

Yep ... Based having been snooping in someone else's modem kind of accidentally, I figured out dyndns was not updating itself...... And then the penny sank in what the menu for DDNS in the modem was what I had been seeing for years..

Cheers