Pattaya Drug Dealing Brit-Cum English Teacher Arrested

webfact

Poor bloke, do any of you out there really think he deserves the sentence he will recieve. Is Thailand reserved for the rich only and out of bounds for anyone who simply has the guts to leave his own country in hope of a better lifestyle and I would bet he never came to Thailand in the first place with intent to do anything illegal.

If the system was fair he would be able to find other honest work anywhere without fear of prosicution.

If the intent was to say that Thailand did not allow him a different living then that is a strange thing to say. If you are qualified and can satisfy Labour Laws then some jobs are open to you but a job as a drug dealer is not one of them. What system forced him into that ?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this: The cops caught another Brit with coke, ganja and amphetamine he bought from a bar girl in Bangkok. They forced him to empty his ATM account which held 40.000 Baht. After payment he received the drugs back. When he refused to take them of fears to get busted again as soon as he leaves the police station, he was told: No problem you can keep because you paid already for this. If another cop catches you tell him to call us…

Assuming, arguendo, that the story is true, what's your point? That there are corrupt cops in the world...that drug dealing is ok because you can sometimes buy your way out of trouble...what?

How about this: The cops caught another Brit with coke, ganja and amphetamine he bought from a bar girl in Bangkok. They forced him to empty his ATM account which held 40.000 Baht. After payment he received the drugs back. When he refused to take them of fears to get busted again as soon as he leaves the police station, he was told: No problem you can keep because you paid already for this. If another cop catches you tell him to call us…

Sounds to me as Bar Stool talk. Was this is a published story ? If so, Link please.

Edit: //

What makes it so untrustworthy is the combination of the drugs. If it was only Ganja .....who knows

Of course it is a made up story. How would a bar girl be able to supply all three of these drugs efficiently, specially the coke which is far too expensive to be commonly used by bar girls and would require connections with drug dealers who supply hi-so Thais not low class hookers? Also why would some one want coke and ice at the same time. They are both stimulants but it would be like asking a bar girl to go out and buy you a bottle of 1982 Chateau Lafite....oh and please pick up a bottle of Saeng Som while you're about it LOL.

However, even though the story is obviously bullsh*t, the principle is not far off. I know several Thais who have paid a couple of thousand baht at the roadside after failing a breathalyser and the cops thanked them politely, helped them to their cars, waied them and told them to drive safely.

"Of course it is a made up story. How would a bar girl be able to supply all three of these drugs efficiently,"

The mind boggles....

Have you never been to MBK, Seacon Square, Central Bangna, or any such place and asked a mobile phone or IT shopkeeper for things she didn't have in her shop, only to watch her run off to who knows where and return within a minute or two with what you wanted? It's not like they have to have it in inventory to get it for you.

oh please its somewhat of a stretch from mobile phones to class 1 drugs. What is with this overwhelming passion on the board to act as judge and jury on this.He got caught with drugs , let due process take its course

Anyone need teaching job?

I tell ya, if, and that is a HUGE IF, I were stupid enough to sell drugs, or do them for that matter, I damned sure would not sell or do them in Thailand.

I hope he has no family here who depend on him. If so, my thoughts and prayers go out to them.

what a muppet_met the fella in soi buakhow "cant adam and eve it"________thats believe...

wouldnt mind but the fella is a school teacher....dont no about you people-but i thought we sent our children to school to be safe. well done to the pattaya police- "wonder what will happan now" pushed under the carpet farang pay and deported-or imprisoned? moaning about the salary-dont no what his wage was-but if a decent english teacher----in bangkok teacher earns 35,000 per month also receives a further 5,000 towards house costs.....

majority of teachers who work in thailand_dont do it for the money,but to help the less fortunate to achieve a better education..also understand some teachers working in rural areas are earning alot less-- teachers are supposed to show leadership...because good students need to be aspired by somebody---not drug dealers.....

Is anyone really surprised by this, lets face it the majority of the Brit teachers here aren,t qualified to teach anything and couldn,t hold down a job back home. The reason they are here is its the only place that will take them.Many off them to fond off the bottle aswell. I think we need more stringent checks on these people after all they are being left in charge of children. Does anyone know what school this unsavoury character passed himself off as a teacher at.

The article mentions the school he was teaching at. I believe the qualification requirement for foreign teachers in Thailand has been increased. Several people have posted comments recently that their teaching contracts have not been renewed due to not having a university degree.

Anyone dealing drugs deserves the full weight of the law. But a teacher, who has influence over large numbers of young impressionable people should really be severely dealt with - especially if there is any evidence for selling in the school or to pupils.

I agree that the checks on qualifications, experience and academic, on teachers is something that should be stringent. However, your comment the " the majority of the Brit teachers here aren,t qualified to teach anything and couldn,t hold down a job back home. The reason they are here is its the only place that will take them.Many off them to fond off the bottle aswell" is based on what research and methodology? And, presumably you carried out similar detailed research on other non-British foreign teachers that support your hypothesis?

• Like 1

Drugs should be made legal.

Any sound logical reason for this?

or at least Alcohol should be illegal too.

That was tried and didn't work which is a logical beginning for sound reasoning for legalizing drugs. Legalizing would require strict controls depending on the natures of various drugs. When you think how many traffic accidents and crimes of violence occur while driving or just being under the influence of liquor and beer, there are rarely reports of driving accidents while under the influence of drugs, and the violence generally speaking associated with drug use seems to pale in comparison to the violence associated with the business of drugs, including buying, selling, and acquiring drugs for personal addicted use.

Very good. One more off the street - for awhile. The only question I have is - What happened to the big dealer? This guy was nothing but small time. 4000 Baht? That's not big. That is small time. He is stupid. The cops should have done more undercover work first. But then again they did not want to find out he might have been helping out another Thai government official or cop.

4000 baht!

Nice to see they are concentrating on the "Big" dealers. laugh.png

4000 baht!

Nice to see they are concentrating on the "Big" dealers. laugh.png

Was my first thought as well..... in this case this mouse was stumped or bowled out

Interesting would be to note if the News would disclose the build up to this... someone wanted him out, 4000Baht is not the world for a teacher. I am happy that he was not pushed off a Balcony or made drunk and done away with Pattaya style

Edited by alanferdi

Readers read logic into this case.... an english Teacher earns 1000 Baht per student private tuition in English. How stupid would he be to settle down for 4000 drug deal. It smells fishy. It seems or I assume he knew too much of someone in the trade who palmed him off in a silly situation. Truth has two sides...often in the silence of the lambs.... as said before. I am happy that he was not pushed off a Balcony or made drunk and finished off Pattaya style.... There is more to this than what seems a police success story.

Poor bloke, do any of you out there really think he deserves the sentence he will recieve. Is Thailand reserved for the rich only and out of bounds for anyone who simply has the guts to leave his own country in hope of a better lifestyle and I would bet he never came to Thailand in the first place with intent to do anything illegal.

If the system was fair he would be able to find other honest work anywhere without fear of prosicution.

Why would you come to Thailand expecting a better lifestyle when you have no skills or qualifications that suggest this is going to be possible. Per capita income is much lower in Thailand than the UK which means that Thailand is a low wage country. Some people manage to earn more than they would at home but these are people with skills that are in demand here. It is not difficult to find out in advance that foreign English teachers are paid a pittance in Thailand. If he really wanted to improve his lifestyle, why didn't he try to find work as an English teacher in Japan or Korea, if that was his profession? Why should Thailand be under an obligation to provide jobs on higher salaries than Thais to foreigners who lack the skills they need?

very silly man....monkey house for you.

Future English teachers to Thailand should keep in mind.....teaching does not pay well and selling drugs, while profitable will put your ass in the free accommodations of the Kingdom...and they are neither spacious nor luxurious.

no matter how " profitable " it may appear the moment you engage in this activity you start

competing with Thai operatives who can do any manner of private deals with the

BIB and you wouldn't have a clue about it. stupid to even think about it from the beginning

Not to mention that often the Thai operatives and the BIB are one and the same or that in Pattaya foreign "customers" are often farangs the BIB have busted for drugs and turned into stoolies to avoid charges because they have no money to pay. It seems that he was also selling to bar girls.

Darwin takes care of his own!

If he beats the drug rap, the sure will nail him about no work permit. He will have so many friends in jail. Let's hope is not racist or squeamish.

Where did the news say he didn't have a work permit? And have you ever known a teacher who went to jail for not having a work permit? Thai Visa urban legend.

Drugs should be made legal.

It's not about legalizing drugs here. Teachers all around the world should be an example for all students.

Even drinking beer and smoking cigarettes let's say at the market place after work is just stupid.

Do the crime (and that's what he did) do the time.....wai.gif

This guy was obviously selling drugs to all who wanted to buy them.

When I first moved to a place in the lower north east, my neighbors, mostly Thai teachers were really happy to talk with me, not many foreigners used to live here.

But after many years and so many criminal foreigners they've changed their minds,because of people like this weird Brit.who got caught selling speed.

There're so many foreigners here in Thailand working as teachers with a low salary, who also support their family.

Thanks for guys like him who make life in this country more and more difficult......wai.gif

Is anyone really surprised by this, lets face it the majority of the Brit teachers here aren,t qualified to teach anything and couldn,t hold down a job back home. The reason they are here is its the only place that will take them.Many off them to fond off the bottle aswell. I think we need more stringent checks on these people after all they are being left in charge of children. Does anyone know what school this unsavoury character passed himself off as a teacher at.

If you are going to put down english teachers in Thailand surely you would make sure your post was correct english, wouldn't you?"Many off them to fond off the bottle aswell" Mmmm

And read the OP again, it states the school.

If you are going to put down english teachers in Thailand surely you would make sure your post was correct english, wouldn't you?"Many off them to fond off the bottle aswell" Mmmm

I don't think so. But I do think Thai Visa has a rule about correcting grammer that most English teachers should be educated enough to have read.

I don't think so. But I do think Thai Visa has a rule about correcting grammer that most English teachers should be educated enough to have read.

any idea what "grammer" is?

any idea what "grammer" is?

It was a trick question to catch newbys. Correcting spelling of a word that the meaning is obvious is also against forum rules.

I guess this guy watched too much breaking bad, a tv series about a high school teacher in the US who starts an ice making empire.

Ah well, once he gets out of jail he can always come back to Thailand and teach chemistry this time instead of English and try again

• Like 1