Racism

StreetCowboy

I don't go for that snotty rich kid crap;

I prefer the workingman's race; Nascar

Ah you innocent colonials, the working man's race is greyhounds and whippets

Having at one time worked with working men, I can tell you that the working man's race is the sport of kings.

SC

Good God sir no!! They may spend their time and money betting on that aristocratic pursuit but rarely if ever attend. Whereas the dog track, particularly those with the appelation "flapper" are where the true sons of toil are seen at their emotional best, where the euphoria can dissipate in 30 seconds to be replaced by anguished depair and recrimination - "that c*nt must have pit a pie in her trap" or " they pit a loose hap oan her so she tripped".

A most interesting social anthropology project is there but has never been pursued

I don't go for that snotty rich kid crap;

I prefer the workingman's race; Nascar

Having at one time worked with working men, I can tell you that the working man's race is the sport of kings.

SC

Good God sir no!! They may spend their time and money betting on that aristocratic pursuit but rarely if ever attend. Whereas the dog track, particularly those with the appelation "flapper" are where the true sons of toil are seen at their emotional best, where the euphoria can dissipate in 30 seconds to be replaced by anguished depair and recrimination - "that c*nt must have pit a pie in her trap" or " they pit a loose hap oan her so she tripped".

A most interesting social anthropology project is there but has never been pursued

I had a job which included duties as a bookie's runner. I had to buy the paper for the fixture list and results; I got the Telegraph, which had the best coverage, but the chaps were a bit baffled by it.

I've never gone to the dogs except figuratively, but I enjoy a trip to Shatin. I'm thinking of going in a couple of weeks after the HK - Korea game.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/549919-racism/#entry5243477

I'm sure you're all interested to know that in the first round, the televised game is HK v UAE this coming Friday night.

SC

[

SC

I had a job which included duties as a bookie's runner. I had to buy the paper for the fixture list and results; I got the Telegraph, which had the best coverage, but the chaps were a bit baffled by it.

I've never gone to the dogs except figuratively, but I enjoy a trip to Shatin. I'm thinking of going in a couple of weeks after the HK - Korea game.

http://www.thaivisa....m/#entry5243477

I'm sure you're all interested to know that in the first round, the televised game is HK v UAE this coming Friday night.

SC

I used to buy the Telegraph for the crossword; it was harder than The Times. I expect that might be what baffled them.

Will the game be on True?

[...

SC

I used to buy the Telegraph for the crossword; it was harder than The Times. I expect that might be what baffled them.

I liked the Telegraph crossword as well, though it was too cryptic for me, and left me for dead.

The first thing that baffled them was trying to find the racing pages...

The game will be on Star Sports or ESPN; I'm not familiar with the Thai TV packages.

11 pm kick-off, Thai time.

I went out into the desert to watch the last Arabian Gulf game (UAE took their place) against Korea. Gulf were clinging on (not you, Naam!) with a seven point margin, if my memory serves me well. Korea looked sure to score, but Gulf pushed them into the corner, and the missed conversion saw Korea relegated. They're back up now, obviously, at the expense of Sri Lanka, who lost out to the Philippines on the latter's meteoric (volcanic, even) rise to the top last weekend in Manila. On the same day (last weekend) Singapore's World Cup dream died when they were relegated to Division 2 - the first Top V team to sink so low.

SC

[...

SC

I liked the Telegraph crossword as well, though it was too cryptic for me, and left me for dead.

The game will be on Star Sports or ESPN; I'm not familiar with the Thai TV packages.

I went out into the desert to watch the last Arabian Gulf game (UAE took their place) against Korea. Gulf were clinging on (not you, Naam!) with a seven point margin, if my memory serves me well. Korea looked sure to score, but Gulf pushed them into the corner, and the missed conversion saw Korea relegated. They're back up now, obviously, at the expense of Sri Lanka, who lost out to the Philippines on the latter's meteoric (volcanic, even) rise to the top last weekend in Manila. On the same day (last weekend) Singapore's World Cup dream died when they were relegated to Division 2 - the first Top V team to sink so low.

SC

I only wanted to know about the telly. I'd never think of travelling thousands of kms to see a bunch of wee men trying to play a game invented for big fat guys or in the case of Ian "Mighty Mouse" McLauchlan wee fat guys.

Rugby's never been the same since thae tight shirts came in, they all want to look fit now. What's next, M&S underwear modelling?

[...

SC

SC

I only wanted to know about the telly. I'd never think of travelling thousands of kms to see a bunch of wee men trying to play a game invented for big fat guys or in the case of Ian "Mighty Mouse" McLauchlan wee fat guys.

Rugby's never been the same since thae tight shirts came in, they all want to look fit now. What's next, M&S underwear modelling?

Sadly Union is becoming more similar to League; it used to be that no matter what shape you were, there was a position in the XV to which you could aspire. Sadly, now, props are expected to be able to run, and catch the ball, second rows can't get away with being shambling cart-horses and wingers are expected to be able to tackle.

No doubt youre looking forward with eager anticipation ot the beginning of next month, when the League season kicks off in Scotland. A team has sprung up in my dear old mother's town (through no effort on her part, I might add) so I shall be cheering them all the way starting in two weeks, and climaxing at Wembley and the Challenge Cup Final in August 2013. with a bit of luck...

by token of relevance, maybe I cold catch the racing at Musselburgh while I'm there....

SC

Sadly Union is becoming more similar to League; it used to be that no matter what shape you were, there was a position in the XV to which you could aspire. Sadly, now, props are expected to be able to run, and catch the ball, second rows can't get away with being shambling cart-horses and wingers are expected to be able to tackle.

No doubt youre looking forward with eager anticipation ot the beginning of next month, when the League season kicks off in Scotland. A team has sprung up in my dear old mother's town (through no effort on her part, I might add) so I shall be cheering them all the way starting in two weeks, and climaxing at Wembley and the Challenge Cup Final in August 2013. with a bit of luck...

by token of relevance, maybe I cold catch the racing at Musselburgh while I'm there....

SC

I see what you have done here...

From racism to TV to bloody League.....

Good grief, it's enough to make someone want to shag the dead.

Stop it now.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

SC

Stop it now.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

There's no place for shagging on TV, or catching any other kind of sea birds

Edit: I realise that is probably the biggest load of <deleted> I have ever posted on TV, and in fact General and Farang Pub are full of discussion of shagging and snagging birds. Its enough to make an ornithologist weep.

Anyway, there's still no place for necrophilia, but that may change soon if enough of us raise our voices

SC

EDIT: Spelling corrected. I also tried to portray an image of some of our esteemed members scrambling on guano-covered rocks, with a wire noose trying to snag a shag or a cormorant for the night, but I could not. No doubt Ian Forbes, if he were here, would be able to provide a suitable image from his youth...

Edited by StreetCowboy

SC

Stop it now.

Edit: I realise that is probably the biggest load of <deleted> I have ever posted on TV, and in fact General and Farang Pub are full of discussion of shagging and snagging birds. Its enough to make an ornithologist weep.

Anyway, there's still no place for necrophilia, but that may change soon if enough of us raise our voices

SC

EDIT: Spelling corrected. I also tried to portray an image of some of our esteemed members scrambling on guano-covered rocks, with a wire noose trying to snag a shag or a cormorant for the night, but I could not. No doubt Ian Forbes, if he were here, would be able to provide a suitable image from his youth...

Cough ... SC you are supposed to derail and divert other peoples posts ... not your own!

BTW ... R.I.P Ian Forbes

SC

Stop it now.

SC

Cough ... SC you are supposed to derail and divert other peoples posts ... not your own!

BTW ... R.I.P Ian Forbes

Sorry; I'm just really into derailing; I suppose everyone needs a hobby.

Don't watch the attached video if you are of a nervous or sensitive disposition, or if I am unable to upload it...

Sadly, the latter seems to be the case; I'll try again from home

Edited by StreetCowboy