For The Bangkok Food Experts

mysticpaki

Soi 3 for Kebabs maybe Hummus

Good. Someday, and that day may never come, I'll call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day – accept this information as a gift on my daughter's wedding day.

beirut's hummus is "decent" but the bigger problem is in their pita bread (a critical component) it is cheap as hell and just microwaved before served.

If you want really authentic hummus with some of the best homemade pita bread, go to Shahrazad. Hands down the best arabic food i've had in Bangkok. Their hummus is 100baht, pita bread is not free, but I forget how much it is. You have to walk down soi 3/1 about 100 meters and it is on the left side. It is hard to find, with little advertising (hard to find restaurants that are always busy like shahrazad must be doing something right), but if you can't find it just ask someone. The place has a very serious atmosphere, I should point out, you go there to eat, not to socialize.

• Like 1

beirut's hummus is "decent" but the bigger problem is in their pita bread (a critical component) it is cheap as hell and just microwaved before served.

If you want really authentic hummus with some of the best homemade pita bread, go to Shahrazad. Hands down the best arabic food i've had in Bangkok. Their hummus is 100baht, pita bread is not free, but I forget how much it is. You have to walk down soi 3/1 about 100 meters and it is on the left side. It is hard to find, with little advertising (hard to find restaurants that are always busy like shahrazad must be doing something right), but if you can't find it just ask someone. The place has a very serious atmosphere, I should point out, you go there to eat, not to socialize.

This

Shahrazad is the best middle eastern restaurant in bangkok, hands down. Personally, Im more partial to their baba-ganoush than hummus

As above, Shahrazad. Great hummos and awesome baba-ganoush. I have been eating there for over 20 yrs and it hasn't changed at all. Some of the same waitresses are still there.

I was eating there last month and one waitress asked my friend if he was still living on Petchaburi Soi (I forget) and he said "no, I moved in 1997". She remembered from his take-away orders.