Where To Pay Electricity Bill If Late

MeHere

I just saw my electric bill due date, and have missed the deadline. Apparently, you can't pay late by bank transfer or 7/11 if overdue, one must go to the actual EC office.

Does anyone know where the Electric Company main office for the area around Chatujak/Ratchayothin/Lad Phrao is so I can go pay my bill?

Thanks!

I have good luck paying overdue bills at the 'post and pay' places typically find in the basement at Big C etc. You could try there first. There is a MEA office on Tiwanon road, near the Toshiba office I think. I don't know one closer to you.

You can miss 2 months payment before they come out to cut you off. When they turn up to disconnect the supply they will give you 24 hours if you promise to go straight to the office to pay.

Actually it has changed now at the 7/11 you can pay an overdue account. Did it last month with true internet and true vision

Not an overdue electricity bill though, 7/11 said I had to go to electricity offices to pay.

No problem in paying at a Post office, electric and water......... even paid water bill with a red 1 on it one month overdue at post office.

My electric bill arrived yesterday, the pay by date is 23rd !!! so overdue before it even arrives......... the man read the meter on the 18th, so a week late in reading..

Actually it has changed now at the 7/11 you can pay an overdue account. Did it last month with true internet and true vision

Not an overdue electricity bill though, 7/11 said I had to go to electricity offices to pay.

I paid an overdue electricity bill yesterday at 7-11. Due on 20th, I paid on 24. I think they are having a go at you, or don't know how to do their jobs.

I paid an overdue electricity bill yesterday at 7-11. Due on 20th, I paid on 24. I think they are having a go at you, or don't know how to do their jobs.

Whenever I try to pay an overdue bill at any 7-11, they say they cannot after they scan it... apparently it comes up red and all other thought processes are shut down automatically 555

Fortunately, for now, all my utility-type bills arrive my mailbox before the due dates and I just use internet banking to pay them with the exception of the water bill which cannot be paid via internet banking. So, I always stop by a 7-11 to pay the bill. When the water guy reads the meter, a bill prints out from his device, he drops it in the mail box, and it's always due one week/7days from that date as shown on the bill.

One time I didn't pay it promptly, the bill was 1 day overdue when I walked into 7-11 here in Bangkok I always use to pay the water bill, 7-11 couldn't get it to process, and then pointed out it was overdue. I then went to another 7-11 that same day and the same thing happened....I mean they would scan the bill and try to make the payment but it wouldn't process and the 7-11 would then point out it was overdue. So, I ended up going to a water dept branch which was fairly close by and paid the bill. I also think you can pay your electric bill at the water dept and vice versa as they have some agreement between them.

Edited by Pib

Whenever I try to pay an overdue bill at any 7-11, they say they cannot after they scan it... apparently it comes up red and all other thought processes are shut down automatically 555

Your avatar is cool. OH, my bills, sorry. smile.png

Fortunately, for now, all my utility-type bills arrive my mailbox before the due dates and I just use internet banking to pay them with the exception of the water bill which cannot be paid via internet banking. So, I always stop by a 7-11 to pay the bill. When the water guy reads the meter, a bill prints out from his device, he drops it in the mail box, and it's always due one week/7days from that date as shown on the bill.

One time I didn't pay it promptly, the bill was 1 day overdue when I walked into 7-11 here in Bangkok I always use to pay the water bill, 7-11 couldn't get it to process, and then pointed out it was overdue. I then went to another 7-11 that same day and the same thing happened....I mean they would scan the bill and try to make the payment but it wouldn't process and the 7-11 would then point out it was overdue. So, I ended up going to a water dept branch which was fairly close by and paid the bill. I also think you can pay your electric bill at the water dept and vice versa as they have some agreement between them.

Guys, I can highly recommend the autopay feature connecting your SCB or other bank with the electrical account. No more worries, post same day every month. Takes about two months to activate and same to shut off so keep that in mind if your renting. Benefit is if you travel a lot you won't come home to a powerless apartment. Water is generally OK.

• 1 year later...

Update on this. I normally pay online via Kasikorn bills payment but April payment did not go through so I was overdue & manually could not do a online payment as kept flagging overdue & contact MEA hotline.
I got my bill & walked to my 7/11 just across road from condo to see what happens when scanned, was expecting it to be blocked but went through fine so looks like late MEA bills can be paid at 7/11 or at least have a wider window of opportunity than online ...

They (the electricity company) have an office/shop just at the foot of Chit Lom BTS where you can pay in person. If I remember correctly, they close at 6pm.

I heard the red shirts closed this down and have to admit I pass it nearly every day on the way to Central Chitlom and it doesn't look very open,are you sure that it is?

They (the electricity company) have an office/shop just at the foot of Chit Lom BTS where you can pay in person. If I remember correctly, they close at 6pm.

I heard the red shirts closed this down and have to admit I pass it nearly every day on the way to Central Chitlom and it doesn't look very open,are you sure that it is?

Of course it is - the red shirts have not been there for quite a while now! I paid an overdue bill there last month. It closes at 3pm by the way.

• Like 1

Heres the strange thing about the elec bill at 7-11; yeah I can't pay it if its late as well. However, if you wait long enough, I think like 2-3 weeks, the govt sends you ANOTHER elec bill with a new barcode at the bottom. According to my gf who translated, you can take the newly issued bill to 7-11 and you can pay it, however, they charge you an extra 40 baht.

I've never seen them send the "second" bill before, but I don't know if thats because its a new program, or if I just always paid on time before.

So maybe wait till that second bill comes with the new barcode that lets 7-11 scan and pay it (but its 40 baht more)

So maybe wait till that second bill comes with the new barcode that lets 7-11 scan and pay it (but its 40 baht more)

Bit dangerous as the meter may just 'disappear' one day. They don't give a lot of leeway before cutting service, at least my experience.

Bit dangerous as the meter may just 'disappear' one day. They don't give a lot of leeway before cutting service, at least my experience.

Ah yes, I see now I phrased it as advice! My apologies, just pay on time!

I have good luck paying overdue bills at the 'post and pay' places typically find in the basement at Big C etc. You could try there first. There is a MEA office on Tiwanon road, near the Toshiba office I think. I don't know one closer to you.

You can miss 2 months payment before they come out to cut you off. When they turn up to disconnect the supply they will give you 24 hours if you promise to go straight to the office to pay.

What a difference a venue change can make.

My situation is slightly different but still related to paying. I asked the Missus to call all the various providers ( True and a local cable company, water department, electric, and 3BB) to find out about paying in advance if we need to. I wanted to know about this so that when we go on holiday, I don't have to burden friends to pay the bills for me.

The electric company said no problem but, of course, we can't pay in advance at all. They said don't worry and that if we were 5 days late they'd just turn off the power and we could start it again after we come back from vacation. that is naturally after we clean the refrigerator of all the rot and etc that's built up in the few weeks without being turned on.

I really don't want to go through the auto pay set up at the bank.

Good to know some power companies do offer a grace period of sorts on the time frame. I wish our local company in Issan would be a little flexible.

Of course it is - the red shirts have not been there for quite a while now! I paid an overdue bill there last month. It closes at 3pm by the way.

Yep, this is where you need to go for an overdue electric bill, I was there earlier this week and it closes either 3 or maybe 3:30pm