Oh Noes! What Happened To Mad Dog?

WinnieTheKhwai

Nick runs a good bar thats always had a following with expats etc. He's been around in Chiangmai longer than a lot of you & when he does something he does it well so a facelift is no surprise when you run a gold mine? He's seen many bars & owners go by the by!!! as we all have seen --- but he's no slug---done pretty well for himself out of it & he don't even need it ---- just like Sandy at the Irish. Got to give it to these guys--- & as you know doing any biz in Thailand can and is hard---some make it --- many don't but they have done the miles and still doing them. You need help & advice then these guys have seen it all!!!

More importantly.......does the Maddog facelift include the ever needed attitude adjustment of the cantankerous and somewhat petulant, day time manager of the establishmentsmile.png ?

Every good British pub has a cantankerous and petulant barmaid, preferably good looking, of a certain age and well stacked. We men can ogle her while slightly fearing her, and melting under the illusion that we are in with a chance if she shows us the remotest bit of kindness or attention.

I concur that Mad Dog has the best breakfast in town and I furthermore concur that the day-time manager slightly terrifies me, but then she sometimes gives me a smile, I melt, and come back in again the next day.

I bet it's driving some of you crazy to think that theblether has been sitting next to you having breakfast and you didn't know biggrin.png

Every good British pub has a cantankerous and petulant barmaid, preferably good looking, of a certain age and well stacked. We men can ogle her while slightly fearing her, and melting under the illusion that we are in with a chance if she shows us the remotest bit of kindness or attention.

Dont be messin with The Bet

(non-Brits may not get this. So: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bet_Lynch)

article-1335410-0021402000000258-651_468x584.jpg

Edited by eek
  • Like 1

More importantly.......does the Maddog facelift include the ever needed attitude adjustment of the cantankerous and somewhat petulant, day time manager of the establishmentsmile.png ?

I'd go one step further, and state that this is actually *ESSENTIAL* also to assess one's level of intoxication. Bars need a perfectly calibrated Five Pint Princess, someone borderline hideous when you walk in. Then when she starts looking attractive, you KNOW you should slow down your drinking, or risk going beyond 'the zone'. It's a feature; use it.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

re ..

I bet it's driving some of you crazy to think that theblether has been sitting next to you having breakfast and you didn't know

and he spent so much money in there one exchange shop put scotland

exchange rates on the board outside !

something ive never seen anywhere else .. even in england : (

dave2 : )

post-42592-0-21114500-1335668666_thumb.j

• Like 1

I'd go one step further, and state that this is actually *ESSENTIAL* also to assess one's level of intoxication. Bars need a perfectly calibrated Five Pint Princess, someone borderline hideous when you walk in. Then when she starts looking attractive, you KNOW you should slow down your drinking, or risk going beyond 'the zone'. It's a feature; use it.

Im finding this doesnt work the other way around for me. If the bar is full of frogs, alcohol isnt making them princes. Should i be drinking something in particular?

I thought for a second someone was talking about me

That day time manager has been around for many years in many establishments.

She holds her age well.

Im finding this doesnt work the other way around for me. If the bar is full of frogs, alcohol isnt making them princes. Should i be drinking something in particular?

No just drink more.......there comes a point when your self defence surrenders to the inevitable, and you have the arm gnawing sensation the next morning when you wake up next to the horror from the deep.

We men have all done it, to have truly lived you should do it too........and never forget the exquisite agony of the Walk of Shame afterwards rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

No just drink more.......there comes a point when your self defence surrenders to the inevitable, and you have the arm gnawing sensation the next morning when you wake up next to the horror from the deep.

We men have all done it, to have truly lived you should do it too........and never forget the exquisite agony of the Walk of Shame afterwards rolleyes.gif

Is it something one must do as a right of passage? You dont recon my bf would mind?

Is it something one must do as a right of passage? You dont recon my bf would mind?

For you Eek it would have to be bald head, massive beer gut, no shirt, short shorts with belt under gut and sandals with black socks.....and he thinks he's sexy.........then you can finally say you have arrived. biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos
  • Like 1

It absolutely is, and part of the Walk of Shame agony is trying to work out what you are going to tell your boyfriend when he asks the inevitable question. " Where have you been? "

Painful. rolleyes.gif

Malibu Nam Som. Or Malibu Pineapple. (That's a personal recommendation; fust a tad more class than the traditional women's staple: Bacardi Breezers.)

That day time manager has been around for many years in many establishments.

She holds her age well.

Yes she does hold her age well (she must be mid thirties by now), almost as good as she holds her grumpy demeanor, haha. She was at Blinky Bills (Godspeed Ian) establishment before Maddogs if memory serves me right. Where else has she hung her shingle and has her nature been consistent, or was her smile quicker to draw in years past? Is she reflecting the demographics of the place and getting more sour faced as the calendar pages fly by?

Looking forward to a Full English at Maddogs soon enough, maybe even get a smile from the barmaid. Maybe not.

"Holds her age well"

"mid thirtys by now"

blink.png

Flabbergasted

Yes, I LOL'd at that one too.

You kind of wonder how the age scale for Thai females runs in the eyes of the Farang beholder (beer holder)...

Prime: 18-22

Mature: 23-25

Over the hill: 26-30

Middle Age: 31-35

Grandma: 36+

:lol:

• Like 2

"Holds her age well"

"mid thirtys by now"

blink.png

Flabbergasted

You kind of wonder how the age scale for Thai females runs in the eyes of the Farang beholder (beer holder)...

laugh.png

A very nice looking Grandma

Edited by uptheos

"Holds her age well"

"mid thirtys by now"

blink.png

Flabbergasted

laugh.png

A very nice looking Grandma

Ha ha that's great. Edited by SausageKing

For you Eek it would have to be bald head, massive beer gut, no shirt, short shorts with belt under gut and sandals with black socks.....and he thinks he's sexy.........then you can finally say you have arrived. biggrin.png

Careful, you just described her boyfriend almost EXACTLY (you missed out the tattoos)

Edited by TommoPhysicist
  • Like 1

Careful, you just described her boyfriend almost EXACTLY (you missed out the tattoos)

Haha..so you met him then. But ...its only ONE tattoo ;)