Going To Be In Bangkok On The 30Th For 5 Days..Forecast: Rain Rain Rain

Taayzer

Alright, so I posted here a few weeks ago, asking for tips on my Thailand trip coming out; You guys suggest Koh Samet. I was just about to book the rooms on the island, and our first night in Bangkok...Then I checked the weather. Forecast for Bangkok, and Koh Samet is RAIN , thunder showers, and more rain.

Its still over a week away, so it could change...But what would you guys do? We were gonna do the first night in Bangkok, 2 nights on Samet, 1 day in Khao Yai park, then our last night in BKK. But rain pretty much kills the island enjoyment?

I dont want this to ruin our tirp, so flying someplace else in Thailand could be an option.

Suggestions? What are the chances of it raining?

Don't worry!! It just rained here in Pattaya...and the suns out and it's beautiful. This time of year the rain usually lasts a short time then clears up. It may be overcast a bit, but it's a good thing as the sun is brutal right now.

I've seen the forecast. It says something like 20-40% chance of rain. And just because it rained at my house doesn't mean it rained at my friends house 5km away.

Enjoy! I'm jealous....

The more the OP worries that there it will rain during their vacation, the more likely it is it actually will rain during their vacation.

or

The rain will only actual fall while when you are asleep or when you are in transit between your chosen holiday spots.

Scientific facts. Both of them.

If you do chose to fly somewhere further afield on the chance of better weather, it will definitely rain more at the new destination.

or

The rain will only fall during the bits where you are airborne.

More science!

Yeah, don't worry. Weather reports never right anyway. You need to with the flow. You will learn this is the way in Thailand. You will have a great time unless you are a traveler that demands perfection in schedules, meals, weather, and I have traveled with a few people like that...miserable!!!

Ahhh yes Bangkok in May.

Pleasant in the early morning....rising to extremely hot in the early afternoon....followed by thunderstorms and torrential rain and flooded streets by early evening.

Wake up tomorrow and begin all over again.

I would avoid.

haha sounds lovely :P

Our plan is to stay in BKK the first night(As we arrive at 5PM).

Then head to Koh samet for 2 nights. After Samet, we go to Bangkok(because the Khao Yai tour picks up from Bangkok hotel).

Do the day trip in Khao Yai, then the next day we head home.

Khao Yai sounds quite nice. Elephant rides through the jungle/river. Best thing I could find to do on our last day. Plus some shopping/drinking fun.

Also, any suggestions on places to drink/shop in Bangkok?

Going with a buddy, and our GF's. So not looking to whore. Although our GF's would like to see some 'special' bars, just to see what its like. As well as some 'special' shows that Thailand has to offer.

Also looking to buy some nice fake clothes. Would MBK be the best bet?

Mbk is good for familiar stuff, Bobae Tower or Pratunam for more clothes etc than you'll ever see in your lifetime !

Gatoey Show is very entertaining few hours one evening.

If you want to show the girls a little, go to Patpong for night market, tourist rip off but a flavour of Bangkok and sideshows for the girls a glimpse.

So between MBK, Bobae, and pratanum which would be best for knock offs?

My buddy just got back from Thailand, and he had some killer Diesel jeans. Compared to the fake stuff we get in China, its MUCH better.

Patpong for night market sounds good. Lots of places with shows? Ping pong shows and things like that. Apparently they are not to be missed :P

My buddy just got back from Thailand, and he had some killer Diesel jeans. Compared to the fake stuff we get in China, its MUCH better.

Patpong for night market sounds good. Lots of places with shows? Ping pong shows and things like that. Apparently they are not to be missed tongue.png

Pratunam is cheapest. In these places in Patpong....pay your bill as you go....

Patpong for night market sounds good. Lots of places with shows? Ping pong shows and things like that. Apparently they are not to be missed tongue.png

Yes, be very careful at the shows in Patpong. Very dicey, padded bills and strong arm tactics to get you to pay up. IMHO, pretty disgusting. If you want just a girley show, I think Angel Witch in Nana is good? I can't remember the name, but lots of costumes, choreographed dances, etc. Quite a few Western women in there also....Nana is a trip to see...as is Soi Cowboy.

Yes, be very careful at the shows in Patpong. Very dicey, padded bills and strong arm tactics to get you to pay up. IMHO, pretty disgusting. If you want just a girley show, I think Angel Witch in Nana is good? I can't remember the name, but lots of costumes, choreographed dances, etc. Quite a few Western women in there also....Nana is a trip to see...as is Soi Cowboy.

You're probably right there Craig. Either of those would be safer...although less explicit of course.

just remember that Bob Marley says......Cuz when the rain falls, it don't, fall on one man's house

Happy Anniversary to Bob Marley, 1995 he woulda been 50,

spread reggae music internationally, over many oceans an across many sea,

travelling round the world 1 ting that i see, everybody knows about Bob Marley, an if dem ever find some man on deh moon

im sure they will know some bob marley tune

everybody loves Bob marley, everywhere i go its the same old story, ppl of all nation them love the Rastaman vibrations

Bob Marley would be 67 y.o....

The more the OP worries that there it will rain during their vacation, the more likely it is it actually will rain during their vacation.

or

The rain will only actual fall while when you are asleep or when you are in transit between your chosen holiday spots.

If you do chose to fly somewhere further afield on the chance of better weather, it will definitely rain more at the new destination.

or

More science!

And remember the old Thai saying 'Umbrellas cheap umbrellas!!'

Also, any suggestions on places to drink/shop in Bangkok?

Going with a buddy, and our GF's. So not looking to whore. Although our GF's would like to see some 'special' bars, just to see what its like. As well as some 'special' shows that Thailand has to offer.

Also looking to buy some nice fake clothes. Would MBK be the best bet?

Be careful when buying fake clothes.

a) They can be of dubious quality...

B) Depending on what country you are flying back to, potentially illegal.

Dont bother with the fake Rolex watches and if gf wants designer handbags, Louis Vitton, Chanel etc.... again be very careful when taking them back home.

If you want to take in some special shows, head to Sukhumvit and mingle with the regulars there, they will point you in the right direction.

or

or

More science!

And remember the old Thai saying 'Umbrellas cheap umbrellas!!'

And also, if you are from England, you should be used to rain. At least here the rain is warm.