Suzuki Swift

chuang

Well got my white GLX since middle of january 2013. Really a lovely car, nice use of fuel (I use gasohol 95). But I have some little issues. Space is 1! You really don't have any space in the back. Stupid I didn't thought about that earlier, but it's a fact. Whe're with 2, so for us not a big problem, but when family visiting us, it's really a down turn. Getting people from the airport? better ask them to take a taxi, because you can not stall one big size bag. Secondly the comfort on really lousy roads... you can feel the shock breakers are really too short! they are very fast to the maximum and that's what you feel also!

Furthermore really I like the car, easy in use, in parking, in driving... personally I love the CVT in Bangkok traffic and the start-stop button is really nice. When you get the car the dealer explain what to do when the key battery is almost finished and can't start the car. You need to keep the key against the button (1 minute) for some "beaming" and you can still start the car. Of course I still don't have to use this, but he showed me in the showroom and indeed. Well, let's see on longer term :)

We're planning to have a second car and we really love Suzuki, but we need some more space. For the money we are looking to take the Suzuki Ertiga. Well, let's see.

We wish all who has the car already or get the car soon lots of safe kilometers with this really lovely car.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well got my white GLX since middle of january 2013. Really a lovely car, nice use of fuel (I use gasohol 95). But I have some little issues. Space is 1! You really don't have any space in the back. Stupid I didn't thought about that earlier, but it's a fact. Whe're with 2, so for us not a big problem, but when family visiting us, it's really a down turn. Getting people from the airport? better ask them to take a taxi, because you can not stall one big size bag. Secondly the comfort on really lousy roads... you can feel the shock breakers are really too short! they are very fast to the maximum and that's what you feel also!

Furthermore really I like the car, easy in use, in parking, in driving... personally I love the CVT in Bangkok traffic and the start-stop button is really nice. When you get the car the dealer explain what to do when the key battery is almost finished and can't start the car. You need to keep the key against the button (1 minute) for some "beaming" and you can still start the car. Of course I still don't have to use this, but he showed me in the showroom and indeed. Well, let's see on longer term smile.png

We're planning to have a second car and we really love Suzuki, but we need some more space. For the money we are looking to take the Suzuki Ertiga. Well, let's see.

We wish all who has the car already or get the car soon lots of safe kilometers with this really lovely car.

Glad you like it; space is not a big issue for me as usually my son will sit in the back (but usually he will jump in the front seat before my wife get a chance:) She doesn't like the back on tight twisty roads as usually I will take them fairly quickly - she said our civic was a bit better for rear comfort in that respect. I really like the brakes and handling - better than the civic actually. Got back in the civic after a few weeks as it was in the shop getting some insurance work done for paint. Can't believe how old it felt (9th birthday this month). Love the economy of the cvt too:) Very happy with it. Getting around 14-15 km/l on E20 around nonthaburi (civic is about 9 km/l), so that doesn't get driven much now:) Only real complaint is the paint / clear coat seems a bit thin and easily marked (watch out for cats that might jump on it:).

#111 "...Obviously the lack of insurance isn't turning people away from the swift."

So true.These cars are everywhere despite the lack of insurance, which may evolve into a monster when other makes like Toyota etc decide to follow the Suzuki model of no insurance. sad.png

#111 "...Obviously the lack of insurance isn't turning people away from the swift."

So true.These cars are everywhere despite the lack of insurance, which may evolve into a monster when other makes like Toyota etc decide to follow the Suzuki model of no insurance. sad.png

I'll get that money back in the first year (petrol savings) compared to my civic for the kms I cover. I believe the mirage has free insurance + it's cheaper than the swift, so they have the lion's share of the market. But just feel if i were sitting in a mirage and a swift pulled up beside, I'd regret it - mainly for the looks alone:)

Furthermore really I like the car, easy in use, in parking, in driving... personally I love the CVT in Bangkok traffic and the start-stop button is really nice. When you get the car the dealer explain what to do when the key battery is almost finished and can't start the car. You need to keep the key against the button (1 minute) for some "beaming" and you can still start the car. Of course I still don't have to use this, but he showed me in the showroom and indeed. Well, let's see on longer term smile.png

Glad you like it; space is not a big issue for me as usually my son will sit in the back (but usually he will jump in the front seat before my wife get a chance:) She doesn't like the back on tight twisty roads as usually I will take them fairly quickly - she said our civic was a bit better for rear comfort in that respect. I really like the brakes and handling - better than the civic actually. Got back in the civic after a few weeks as it was in the shop getting some insurance work done for paint. Can't believe how old it felt (9th birthday this month). Love the economy of the cvt too:) Very happy with it. Getting around 14-15 km/l on E20 around nonthaburi (civic is about 9 km/l), so that doesn't get driven much now:) Only real complaint is the paint / clear coat seems a bit thin and easily marked (watch out for cats that might jump on it:).

Still love the car and got over 15km/l on a recent long run, but about 13km/l around town, which I'm happy with.

Have now found a PTT gas station which has its fuel clearly marked and the staff know which is which (not so in the local Esso and Caltex stations) and also after talking to Culicine, now use 95 E20 fuel.

First service coming up next month and all good so far apart from a "graunching" noise from the aircon when it starts up?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain to me, please, what is the procedure when I wish to buy a new car from the dealer. How do I pay them? How do I tell them That I want options and which ones? How do I bargain for the extras, like free insurance?

Can someone explain to me, please, what is the procedure when I wish to buy a new car from the dealer. How do I pay them? How do I tell them That I want options and which ones? How do I bargain for the extras, like free insurance?

Take a Thai person along who understands English?

Anyway not sure that there will be much leeway to negotiate/bargain as the car was so popular that there was in excess of an 8 month wait at one time.

Had mine for over a year now and it's a great little car.

Please do your home work 1st if you are a foreigner you need some document's to put this car in your name. Then if you want a car go to the dealer most can speak English. Prices are available on the Suzuki site in English. Then when you have that info you can always come back here and people are willing to help.

That was about as helpful as a hemorroid.

Keep trolling and you might get some. The question's you ask make's not much sense. I gave you a reply before. Please let us know have you every bought a car in Thailand or any other country this might us help understand why you don't know what happens next?

• Like 1

So far, no one has explained the "process". When I walk into the dealership and tell them what vehicle that i want, what will happen next?

Depends on how you're paying for it, and whether it's in-stock (very rare) or needs to be ordered.

Basic steps are:

Negotiate grade, price and inclusions.

Negotiate finance rate (they won't offer to do this), and sign finance application paperwork (if applicable)

Pay a cash deposit to secure a booking

Wait for the car to arrive

Sign delivery papers, and final finance papers. Get photocopies of insurance policy and the keys.

Drive away

Wait for your white plates to arrive, and for the original finance and insurance docs.

• Like 1

If I am paying cash, does the deposit still apply? How much is the deposit, on average?

I gave only 5 or 10k baht 2 years ago on a higher priced truck.

Some Suzuki dealers are currently offering more "free" options now but you would need to shop around and probably need to be able to read/speak Thai to do this properly.

If you do not have someone who can do that I would suggest that you ring up some dealers and find some who speak English and see what they will offer - and don't be shy to ask for more.