Tourist Visa In Kuala Lumpur

Here's a (long overdued) report from February for those interested in getting a new tourist visa to Thailand from Kuala Lumpur.

Embassy takes in visa applications from 9.30 to 11.30 in the morning. I went there 8:30, already about 10 persons before me. By the time of opening the gate ca. 40 people. The wait in the crowd in a sidewalk beside a busy street, with not much shade from the sun wasn't much fun. After opening the gate, again a waiting but only a couple of minutes at the office door. No queuing numbers going in.

Had printed out and filled the application beforehand so just to leave it at the counter with one photo and passport. The website stated you need proof of residence/hotel and outbound flight ticket out of thailand. Had copies of both with me but the officer didn't seem at all interested in them. Paid the fee 110 ringgit and got a ticket for collecting the visa next day. Pick-up time is 14.30 to 15 in the afternoon. Got there just after 14, only a few minutes queue since they let people in earlier.

Applied for a multi-entry tourist visa but was granted only a single entry with 60 days.