Model/Actress In Thailand.

Momomomo

Hey all you out there :)

I wanted to know if there was anyone out there who could help me answer a few questions about being a model/actress in Thailand. As I'm half-Australian half-Thai and have grown up in Australia I have had hardly any exposure to Thailand (except for family holidays etc).

My main questions is realistically, is how easy/hard is it for people to break into the industry in Thailand (despite being half). My Thai language skills are embarrassingly poor and I'm about to celebrate my 19th birthday this May and decided that, instead of hoping or wishing I'd actually try.

Cheers :)

All the half-Thais that I have seen on TV and in the media speak fluent Thai, so you'd be hard pressed to break into that industry. But if no talking is required (i.e., print media)....possibly. I would think the competition would be fierce.

If being a "look kreung", you have everything to become a superstar in Thailand. Most superstars in Thailand are mixed Thai/farangs and don't have much more to offer. Hopefully you will have more to offer than your look :-)

But better to learn Thai as well and then you have all chances to become famous :-)

Edited by Afrodite79

Are you really that young and naive? There are reputable agencies both in Thailand and Australia that can advise you. You can also get some exposure to them on the web. Use Google for modeling and acting agents, photographers. You can find ones in Australia and Thailand. Thai Visa is about the last place for good information about those kinds of things.

• Like 2

If being a "look kreung", you have everything to become a superstar in Thailand. Most superstars in Thailand are mixed Thai/farangs and don't have much more to offer. Hopefully you will have more to offer than your look :-)

"Most superstars are mixed..." is certainly a stretch. Pretty much every youth in the country wants to be a superstar, so you can expect the competition to be astronomically fierce, and if you do land something, it won't pay very well unless you're one of the very top superstars. Don't trust ANYONE who requires any type of fee to help you out.

Are you really that young and naive? There are reputable agencies both in Thailand and Australia that can advise you. You can also get some exposure to them on the web. Use Google for modeling and acting agents, photographers. You can find ones in Australia and Thailand. Thai Visa is about the last place for good information about those kinds of things.

Well I've got great contacts in the field.

Just waiting for her bikini shots via PM and I'm sure I'll be able to help her on her way. :)

Hi Momomom this evening there is a programme on ABC2/4 which might interest you..

The Model Agency

New Faces

• 8.31pm - 9.17pm
  • ABC2 / ABC4

Anyway have you tried sending in your pictures to agencies like Storm http://www.stormmode.../become-a-model in the UK.

Unfortunately this is a business which attracts many scams etc. so imo keep your folks informed at all times and keep safe.

Good luck to you and aim high, fresh faces are sought after the whole time.

Edited by edwinclapham

Just waiting for her bikini shots via PM and I'm sure I'll be able to help her on her way. smile.png

You are trying to make a joke but instead come across as perverted scum...

No joke.

Not all of us are old men hanging around with dark bargirls. rolleyes.gif

Edited by strollling

Just waiting for her bikini shots via PM and I'm sure I'll be able to help her on her way. smile.png

No joke.

If I were looking for a model that impresses me, dark skin would be a plus. And many models around the world once (or still do) work at bars. What's wrong with that?laugh.png

Edited by FreedomDude

Your user name"Strolling" anything to do with permanently trolling?

No joke.

Why not simply send her the details of those you know?... asking for someones bikini-shots... there really is no other explanation for you other than that of a pervert attempting to take advantage of someone in need.

Bringing skin colour into this topic is a very unimaginative attempt at dragging the topic off subject - Your Troll attempts show your lack of imagination, character and intelligence. Apologies for the flame, but really, If you wish to Troll do so in your own topic (as MBP tends to do, at least he respects the threads started by other people).

• Like 1

Your user name"Strolling" anything to do with permanently trolling?

"Strolling"?

I think you need to look again. It's impolite to spell someone's name incorrectly.

Why not simply send her the details of those you know?... asking for someones bikini-shots... there really is no other explanation for you other than that of a pervert attempting to take advantage of someone in need.

Bringing skin colour into this topic is a very unimaginative attempt at dragging the topic off subject - Your Troll attempts show your lack of imagination, character and intelligence. Apologies for the flame, but really, If you wish to Troll do so in your own topic (as MBP tends to do, at least he respects the threads started by other people).

Troll.

Feel good about bringing a topic down to your level? You can be very proud as you prop up tonight's bar... Well done. :(

Edited by strollling