Driver For Hire

deejah

last year got a great recommendation here

high quality low cost maybe mr t

i have number for a khun joy i think works for him but i can not get through

so how about it

who is the best for the price

what does a driver cost for a day 1000-2000?

thanks

Not to sure what you are looking for but I have a close friend (lady), Thai with her own car who regularly does the school runs around Patts, trips to the Airport and occassionally into Bangkok.

She will pick up your GF and bring her to the Airport, wait you both, then bring you both back home.

Excellent English

Neat tidy car.

Trustworthy 100%

PM me (anyone, not just the OP) for her details and what job you have in mind.

Not to sure what you are looking for but I have a close friend (lady), Thai with her own car who regularly does the school runs around Patts, trips to the Airport and occassionally into Bangkok.

She will pick up your GF and bring her to the Airport, wait you both, then bring you both back home.

Excellent English

Neat tidy car.

Trustworthy 100%

done

thanks

any more names numbers contacts highly recommended?

Excellent English

Neat tidy car.

Trustworthy 100%

done

thanks

any more names numbers contacts highly recommended?

quite typical

sent PM

heard nothing back

thanks anyways

bump

as i am still in need

thanks

Edited by deejah

quite typical

sent PM

heard nothing back

thanks anyways

bump

as i am still in need

thanks

I saw an ad on the TV classifieds a few months ago. Some Thai guy offering his services. Might try that. I'll ask my friends also for the number of the driver they use. They're quite happy with him.

umm i think the OP said he failed to contact the original contact....

correct

thank you for paying attention clap2.gif

unable to reach khun joy who works for mr t, me thinks

still looking / in need

bump

internet, thai visa = hit or miss

Edited by deejah

reached khun joy finally

900 one way 1700 RT

- 1700 is that not close to the cost of hiring a car and driver for a whole day?

- it looks like it is cheaper to rent a car/truck than a driver too, however:

- all i have is USA driver's license and never drove on the left (british) side of the road

- anymore leads ideas suggestions for independent temporary transportation?

thanks

reached khun joy finally

900 one way 1700 RT

I don't understand. I thought you wanted a car/driver by the day? How can anyone quote a single and return price for that?

Maybe some misunderstanding between you both.

if anyone found anyone

my elderly mother is here till the end of may and i would like to get her a car with driver to ferry her around

i know she wish's to do some sightseeing and also want to go to look at bangkok.

at least 3 days work over the next few weeks i think

need someone reliable who can speak a little english

reached khun joy finally

900 one way 1700 RT

I don't understand. I thought you wanted a car/driver by the day? How can anyone quote a single and return price for that?

Maybe some misunderstanding between you both.

brain fart

well for starters i got a quote on an airport pick up and return

but that seems so close to what it should cost for a whole day no?

thanks

Back in 2004, my first trip to Thailand. Met a girl at the Sabai Room facility. Skipping the details, she was nice. Her friend or uncle or brother or whatever he was had a pickup truck and we had him drive us around a bit for two days. Went to Nong Nooch, Million Year Crocodile Park, Gold Buddha mountain, etc. Just a suggestion. Barring any solid leads, should not be too hard to strike up a conversation at just about any bar and somebody probably knows somebody with a car. Now, as far as licensed and insured, and a good driver, well, that is why you should be sure your own policy and coverage works in Thailand. A great first trip and to this day, after 13 visits, was still one of my best. Just everything worked out well.

• 2 weeks later...

Back in 2004, my first trip to Thailand. Met a girl at the Sabai Room facility. Skipping the details, she was nice. Her friend or uncle or brother or whatever he was had a pickup truck and we had him drive us around a bit for two days. Went to Nong Nooch, Million Year Crocodile Park, Gold Buddha mountain, etc. Just a suggestion. Barring any solid leads, should not be too hard to strike up a conversation at just about any bar and somebody probably knows somebody with a car. Now, as far as licensed and insured, and a good driver, well, that is why you should be sure your own policy and coverage works in Thailand. A great first trip and to this day, after 13 visits, was still one of my best. Just everything worked out well.

good idea

but not very direct simple or efficient

this page looks good for contacts and alternatives

http://www.pattayaunlimited.com/2010/03/pattaya-taxi-services.html

i called the first few and they all want exorbitant amounts for short trips around town that should be about 100 baht each way

i am willing to pay 200 or 300 tops but more than that is beyond fair and reasonable

my thai friend says it is because many farang are WILLING to pay it

there must be an on call REAL taxi service that is willing to make a decent baht without OVER CHARGING

this is one BIG difference between pat and bkk where you can ALWAYS find a GOOD taxi

so far not much luck YET

Edited by deejah

i called the first few and they all want exorbitant amounts for short trips around town that should be about 100 baht each way

i am willing to pay 200 or 300 tops but more than that is beyond fair and reasonable

my thai friend says it is because many farang are WILLING to pay it

there must be an on call REAL taxi service that is willing to make a decent baht without OVER CHARGING

this is one BIG difference between pat and bkk where you can ALWAYS find a GOOD taxi

so far not much luck YET

Deejah you started the thread/topic and basically asked what it cost to hire a driver for a day and mentioned 1000 to 2000 in your opening post, now your talking about short trips around town. What is it that you really want? to hire a driver for a day or a just a normal taxi service, if your just wanting short journeys around town then a taxi meter is probably the cheapest option.

If your wanting to hire a driver for a day or more then the cost obviously is going to be a lot more. Firstly you have the hire of the car and then the hire of the driver, then take into account the type of car used, the cost of fuel and insurance etc, what about if someone wanted to hire a driver and a car for say 3 days, would the driver be expected to sleep in the car or would the driver sleep in a hotel?.

If a hotel has to be paid for then this would be factored into the cost per day.

I personally would feel much safer if I hired a driver who got a good nights sleep in a bed rather than a restless one trying to sleep in a car.

Things are not as cheap as they used to be especially in Pattaya and people must realise this and be prepared to pay the going rate as long as it's a fair one.

HTH.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Also Deejah many taxi meter drivers in Pattaya won't turn the meter on anymore due to serious gridlock traffic problems in Pattaya sometimes and a fare is normally agreed before journey commences. Another thing to take into account.

HTH.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App