Ais Internet Connection On Iphone 4S

Zen

I am using the AIS network on my iphone 4s. I noticed that the network signal is usually on Full Strength, but if there is the word "3G" next to the signal indicator, my connection to the internet would be VERY slow.

However if there is the word "E" next to the signal indicator, my internet connection would be reasonably OK.

I am very annoyed by the slow connection whenever its on "3G", but I dont know why sometimes there's "3G" and sometimes there's "E".

Does Dtac or True have the same problem? I was expecting that AiS has the best network so i am very disappointed with the slow internet connection.

It's not your iPhone...it's AIS. I had exactly the same problem with slow or no bandwidth using AIS 3G. In areas with lots of users, particularly at the airport, my bandwidth was often zero. The last three times I was at the airport using AIS, I couldn't even check my email. Also, it very often drops from 3G to EDGE. I'm sure it's a case of insufficient resources at AIS. On the other hand, using 3G in Chiang Mai I've found that bandwidth is very good. That's great, except I live in Bangkok.

All that is past tense for me now. After being an AIS subscriber for ten years and having their Platinum card, I finally got fed up with the abysmal 3G service and switched to True-H. I've only had it for a week so far, but I am very pleased at this point. At last I can check email at the airport, and in fact I never saw AIS at its best deliver the bandwidth that True-H does. So far I have not experienced any drops to EDGE or places where I had no bandwidth at all. the iPhone unlimited data package cost is comparable between AIS 3G and True-H.