What Is The Process When Passboard Is Stolen Or Lost?

hello!

Can someone explain me The process in Case, when passboard stolen or lost!

Go to embassy and then when I have picture of current Thai visa stamp , must be the fees payed again or not?

Can same visa be applyed maybe free , when data all ready stored in the Imigration computer?

I think you mean PASSPORT.

You have to report it to the Police first, then go to the Embassy, a new passport will be applied for, upon receiving it you take the letter from the Embassy and the Police letter to the Immigration office with the new passport, the details will hopefully be on the computer and they will stamp your passport accordingly, no charge for this, only charge is the fee for the new passport.

I think you mean PASSPORT.

You have to report it to the Police first, then go to the Embassy, a new passport will be applied for, upon receiving it you take the letter from the Embassy and the Police letter to the Immigration office with the new passport, the details will hopefully be on the computer and they will stamp your passport accordingly, no charge for this, only charge is the fee for the new passport.

20 baht for police report

wink.png Here's how to do that.

First...BEFORE it is lost or stolen make photocopies of:

1. The Front of the passport

2, The I.D. page (where your photo is)

3. The page where your arrival or departure card is

4. The entry stamp they put in your passport when you entered (the date you can stay until).

Keep these photocopies in a safe place so you won't lose the photocopies with the passport.

Now WHEN the passport is lost or stolen, go to the nearest Thai police station and file a report of a lost or stolen passport to the police. They will give you a copy of that report.

NEXT you go to your country's embessy with that police report and those photocopies you made. The photocopies are evidence that you did enter legally. and also that you are a citizen uf that country and did have a valid passport.

Yor embessy should start the process of getting you a new passport. Some countries will give you a tempoary passport to carry while you get a new passport isseued to you.

Now, WHEN you GET your new passport you take your

1, New passport

2, The copy of that police report

3, Those photocopies you made

You take that to the local Thai immigration.

The police report verifies you llost your passport or it was stolen

The photocopies show the number on your entrance card, the date you arrived (where stamped into the country), and verify your photo and I.D.

With the numbers on the forms the Thai immigration should be able to find you in their entry dsatabase. because of that they will stamp that information into your ndew passport....and you have a legal entry.

There is no fee for that from the Thai immigration,,,,but your embessy may charge you a fee for the new passport they give you.

wink.png

• Like 1

wink.png Here's how to do that.

First...BEFORE it is lost or stolen make photocopies of:

1. The Front of the passport

2, The I.D. page (where your photo is)

3. The page where your arrival or departure card is

4. The entry stamp they put in your passport when you entered (the date you can stay until).

Keep these photocopies in a safe place so you won't lose the photocopies with the passport.

Now WHEN the passport is lost or stolen, go to the nearest Thai police station and file a report of a lost or stolen passport to the police. They will give you a copy of that report.

NEXT you go to your country's embessy with that police report and those photocopies you made. The photocopies are evidence that you did enter legally. and also that you are a citizen uf that country and did have a valid passport.

Yor embessy should start the process of getting you a new passport. Some countries will give you a tempoary passport to carry while you get a new passport isseued to you.

Now, WHEN you GET your new passport you take your

1, New passport

2, The copy of that police report

3, Those photocopies you made

You take that to the local Thai immigration.

The police report verifies you llost your passport or it was stolen

The photocopies show the number on your entrance card, the date you arrived (where stamped into the country), and verify your photo and I.D.

With the numbers on the forms the Thai immigration should be able to find you in their entry dsatabase. because of that they will stamp that information into your ndew passport....and you have a legal entry.

There is no fee for that from the Thai immigration,,,,but your embessy may charge you a fee for the new passport they give you.

wink.png

Also a good idea to scan the relevant passport pages to a computer - and, equally importantly, back the scanned file(s) up externally - where possible as it may be easy to forget in which safe place the paper copies are kept several years down the line.

In the case of us Brits, does our Embassy still assist in the process of obtaining a replacement passport where the original has gone astray for any reason? Or do victims of lost or stolen passports now need to contact the Hong Kong Regional Passport Processing Centre direct with police report, photocopies, etc?

As far as I know for Brits they issue an Emergency travel document via the Embassy NOT a full blown passport, you have to apply for that separately, so in this region yes, it would be Hong Kong.

Edited by CharlieH

Overstay as said is your responsibility as you have the option to immediately leave on a travel document from your Embassy without the need to obtain a new passport. No visas can be replaced - only your current entry/extension of stay can be entered.