Thaksin Back In UK, Eyeing US

Lite Beer

You can own a house or any building in Thailand. You can not own the land it sits on.

You can have a 51% Thai company own the land and then you lease it.

In London most of the land is only available for 100 year leasing not for purchase.

I believe using a Thai company to circumnavigate the Alien land ownership laws is a crime in itself.

It cant be.. If the company is at least 51% Thai owned, it is still Thai.

And further, the company only leases the land to a foreigner - completely legal.

The company will have an income from leasing the land, can pay Thai staff to maintain the land etc.

Maybe that company also generates income from maintaining the house on the land. All legal.

What is not legal is to have a company setup with the intent to circumvent land ownership, basically with shareholder drones, so you can manipulate / control the majority of the shares.

Edit: spelling..

Edited by peterdk

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some knicker twisting going on this thread biggrin.png

Cleary the British Govt have weighed everything up and made a decision, good on them, as for him owning a house in London, is that his fault or the fault of British policy that allows it?

I really do believe if Thailand would be more easy with foreign ownership off houses and residences this would boost the economy and increase cofidence from foreigners in Thailand. The current laws make it to risky for many to investment. Laws who prevent huge landpieces who can endanger food supply within Thailand I can understand, but all the rest is not fair. Thais can buy abroad. Farangs and expats here have to deal with risky and expensive loopholes. Neighboring countries are more easy and become more and more attractive. Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia and Birma are inviting retires and second house owners. Even in China a foreigner can buy. The houses and properties I talk about are not affordable for the average Thai. Only for the wealthy ones and with the current legislation Thailand only helps them, to become more wealthy. This is not at all beneficial to majority off Thais only to the happy few. The happy few can buy cheaply small plots from less fortunate Thais. Creating this way from several small plots one big one and sell it in a expensive and overpriced way as "freehold". There is no fair deal or competition for the small land or house owner. The market is exclusive for wealthy Thais.

Unless Burma has made changes in the last few weeks you are still only allowed 30 days visa. Because of the slow opening up of politics in Burma people think it has went fron closed off society to full open in only a few months. Hate too bust your bubble but not much has changed and retirees are not being welcomed with open arms. With all of it faults Thailand is still the best place too retire.Canbodia still abackwater 30 years behind thailand, Philippines lousy food and lots of crime, Laos communist, malaysia to many muslims, and Burma 30 years behind and military dictatorship.

How about Vietnam? Nice coffee and architecture?

Well the FACTS are Thaksin was a bail jumper and also prosecuted for fraud. He still has I believe an international warrant out for his arrest. He cannot claim that if he came back to Thailand and faced the courts that he would be politically discriminated against unfairly as after all it IS his political cronies in power here right now and with his sister as PM incredible though that is. So if he feels he is innocent then why does he not come back now and hand himself in to finally and fairly face an open minded and unbiased appeal court and stand by its results and serve any punishment imposed on him like a real man. He is at least 100% most definitely guilty of bail jumping and that IS a criminal offence on its own for sure.

SO WHAT IS THE UK DOING NOT ARRESTING HIM AND DEPORTING HIM BACK TO THAILAND?? Makes me ashamed to be British when they do this sort of disgusting thing as after all Britain is a complete member of Interpol and MUST respect international law irrespective of how much money the convict has, come on Britain get real will you!!!!!!!!!! Britain always makes a lot of noise when our escaped convicts are given refuge in other countries yet hipocritically they then allow a well known wanted fugitive refuge in the UK, IT IS JUST NOT ON, AND TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE no matter what your thoughts are on Thaksin as that is irrelevant as the facts say he IS a wanted fugitive and Britain as well as all Interpol signed up states must comply with the law..

OK calm down. I believe you have fallen for the democrat party lies hook line and sinker. There is no interpol red notice on Thaksin issued, there never was. The government of the time lied about it.

PPP were in power when he was found guilty I believe.

Yes indeed that is correct I had forgotten that so hardly would have been biased against him at the time with I remember even his brother-in-law as the PM (now his sister, just unbelievable if it wasn't for real) so the case against him must have been pretty damning if high level strings could not have as usual been pulled for him.

I am calm Phiphidon, but just bloody annoyed at the UK's hippocracy as usual when politicians in the UK have to resign even over relatively minor motoring offences when there is any doubt about untruths being told or shagging one of their secretaries. Just compare that to the serious crimes of bail jumping let alone fairly and justly convicted (yes when PPP were in power!!) of fraud against the Thai people and this country still unbelievably talk about him coming back and maybe back into Government. I find that totally incredible and I state that sincerely and truly even though I am firmly politically more aligned to the TRK/PPP/PTP party than to the more right wing but clearly far more credible Democrats.. I really did think that there was an international arrest warrant out for him so are you sure of your facts there stating there was never such a warrant?? Surely anyone who jumps bail would automatically have an international warrant for arrest issued. Anyway I am only repeating what I read here and in newspapers a few years ago about him being on the Interpol list but other than those reports there is no way I can prove whether this is factual or not, but then can you with your statement either ?? If so please quote the source of the info as I accept with no other reliable info that you may indeed be correct with what you say, but would like to know the true facts on this issue. Either way a bail jumper IS a criminal no matter whether he was even a PM or Judge or any other high up official, no question of that in anyone's mind unless folk really are deluding themselves about this creature.

The gov't in power & the judges in the case at the time of his conviction had nothing to do with one another.

There is no relationship there which would somehow add weight to conviction due to it being handed down while the PPP was in power.

That is a false-relationship.

It is a trap.

The UK govt will arrest Thaksin and hand it over to Mark, who is born a British citizen.

"Thai Air Force plane carrying 15 people skids off airport runway in Dhaka, Bangladeshi capital; 3 passengers suffer minor injuries /MCOT"

I believe this plane and the people in it, is on the way to UK to pick Thaksin up, on behalf of Mark & another very power-man in Thailand. I also believe that a coup will start in Thailand, once Thaksin is arrested in the UK.

Edited by sparebox2

He has no chance of ever entering the USA. They know who he is.

He will go there, and be welcomed with open arms. The US is consumed with greed and the prospect of welcoming his ill gotten gains will have the lobbyists in a feeding frenzy.

My guess is that the U.S. government will discreetly send him a signal NOT to come until he has "worked out" his legal problems in Thailand. We'll see. As usual, he is testing the waters.

I think we should first thank the US government. It is the one who sent a clear messages to the junta who took power after the military coup that if they still want to receive "help" money, Thailand should return to democracy as soon as possible.

Now the USA has problem on its own and don't want to be involved in Thailand internal problems. So I guess the message is clear, solve your problem by yourselves and please don't involve the USA, we have already enough problems on our own.

If I remember correctly. USA welcome the 2006 coup with open arms.

The USA was glad that such a corrupted leader had been removed, without US citizen casualty.

Edited by sparebox2

The gov't in power & the judges in the case at the time of his conviction had nothing to do with one another.

There is no relationship there which would somehow add weight to conviction due to it being handed down while the PPP was in power.

You are correct - the Thai supreme court was not politically influenced, judged the case on its merits, found a clear-cut case of corruption as per a long-standing law, and sentenced the perpetrator to prison despite his influential position. This case and the judges bravery should be lauded, but Thaksin sycophants continue to claim political influence DESPITE his proxy government being in power.

If similar action had been taken in his asset concealment case, Thailand may have few of the problems it has today (IMHO).

You are correct - the Thai supreme court was not politically influenced, judged the case on its merits, found a clear-cut case of corruption as per a long-standing law, and sentenced the perpetrator to prison despite his influential position. This case and the judges bravery should be lauded, but Thaksin sycophants continue to claim political influence DESPITE his proxy government being in power.

If similar action had been taken in his asset concealment case, Thailand may have few of the problems it has today (IMHO).

I did not say that it was not politically influenced.

As I sit among the swaying palm trees listening to the exotic night jungle sounds,siping a sumptious cocktail on an exotic beach far away from it all. I think of you Thaksin sat in a Manchester pub with 4 meatheads on the table next to you, one bellows out "Are you looking at me?" as he stands and thrusts a pint glass toward the direction of Mr Thaksin. Welcome tp Blighty, fugitive, the land of the middle aged, miserable, depressed, anti-social weirdos. Stay there and don't come back to Thailand. It's spoilt enough without the likes of you.

"Pint of mild for Noppadon and a larger and lime for Thaksin" the barmaid says "Anything else?", " Nora seaweed flavoured crisps" says Thaksin "We've got cheese n onion or ready salted" say the barmaid. "Cheese n onion, heres a fiver can you give me the rest in change for pool" Thaksin says. Thaksin leaves the table and puts on the jukebox "let it be" by the beatles. Thaksin breaks and pots two striped balls. Noppadon orders another round. A meathead says it's winner stays on, you have to play me. Thaksin agrees and plays the meathead.

He has no chance of ever entering the USA. They know who he is.

He will go there, and be welcomed with open arms. The US is consumed with greed and the prospect of welcoming his ill gotten gains will have the lobbyists in a feeding frenzy.

My guess is that the U.S. government will discreetly send him a signal NOT to come until he has "worked out" his legal problems in Thailand. We'll see. As usual, he is testing the waters.

Just like the last time he said he was going to a government sponsored think tank event,

and suddenly it just never happened with him involved. Word clearly had come down that his presence would not be acceptable at that time. A nice try from Amsterdam to buy Thaksin some american based legitimacy, that failed miserably.

Edited by animatic

Just then Thaksins daughters arrive " We're off down canal street, see you back at the hotel, daddy!" " Alright, me and Noppadon are gunner sink a few more pints then we're off to see the match" Thaksin says. " Bugger you, I'm off with yer lasses down canal street, I'm on the pull tonight!" insists Nopadon. " Suit yerself, don't wait up I'll be at the Man city club house making a speech for some arabs, could be a business deal coming my way" replies Thaksin.

"Pint of mild for Noppadon and a larger and lime for Thaksin" the barmaid says "Anything else?", " Nora seaweed flavoured crisps" says Thaksin "We've got cheese n onion or ready salted" say the barmaid. "Cheese n onion, heres a fiver can you give me the rest in change for pool" Thaksin says. Thaksin leaves the table and puts on the jukebox "let it be" by the beatles. Thaksin breaks and pots two striped balls. Noppadon orders another round. A meathead says it's winner stays on, you have to play me. Thaksin agrees and plays the meathead.

With these two..

post-48298-0-49041000-1335791814_thumb.j

it's hard to imagine the meat head not reacting to the obvious homosexual undertones of rich man with sycophantic male servant, in an aggressive manner.

Noppadon said Thaksin was also considering travelling to the United States to meet his Thai supporters there.

Perhaps all three of them could meet him for lunch at the airport food court.

I was thinking the same. Just how many supporters would he have in the U.S

Please pay attention, I already answered tis question.

He is using a Thai government passport, not diplomatic but no visa hoops to jump through.

blink.png

How is it that you know exactly which of his 4 passports (Montenegrin being the other) he used or will use to enter the UK?

As a separate but related issue, has there actually been any confirmation from a source, other than Noppadon, that he actually did enter the UK on Friday?

Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra arrived in the United Kingdom on Friday night and would stay in that country for about a week, his spokesman said yesterday.

I would have thought his PR machine would be pouring out photos and news of such an event from the git go and I've not seen any.... except this Noppadon assertion.

ahhhh well then.

It's been unequivocally confirmed then by very reliable additional sources.

Thaksin's son confirms on FB Thaksin is in England and will be watching Manchester City match tonight with his 2 daughters /TANN

Thanks, Oak.

:bah:

Noppadon said Thaksin was also considering travelling to the United States to meet his Thai supporters there.

Not counting the ones there just for the Phad Thai and the Mexican dishwasher who leaves early on, it looks to be about 40.

Edited by Buchholz

On the whole I couldn't care less what he does but there is one part of this story that makes me mad;

"He has a house in London"

Prick. He and his ilk do so much to try and stop farangs owning a house in Thailand. I would assume all the politicians own houses outside of Thailand. A-holes.

He didn't start the fire...it was always burning since the world was turning...smile.png

But he sure put gasoline on it.

blink.png

How is it that you know exactly which of his 4 passports (Montenegrin being the other) he used or will use to enter the UK?

As a separate but related issue, has there actually been any confirmation from a source, other than Noppadon, that he actually did enter the UK on Friday?

Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra arrived in the United Kingdom on Friday night and would stay in that country for about a week, his spokesman said yesterday.

I would have thought his PR machine would be pouring out photos and news of such an event from the git go and I've not seen any.... except this Noppadon assertion.

ahhhh well then.

It's been unequivocally confirmed then by very reliable additional sources.

Thaksin's son confirms on FB Thaksin is in England and will be watching Manchester City match tonight with his 2 daughters /TANN

Thanks, Oak.

bah.gif

It only took 4 days, but finally, cofirmation from a source that's not an employee or a DNA recipient.

Shinawatra was in the cheap seats on Monday night and happily mingled with fans who asked for photographs and autographs.

Read more:

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1tZSDXq9V

It only took 4 days, but finally, cofirmation from a source that's not an employee or a DNA recipient.

Shinawatra was in the cheap seats on Monday night and happily mingled with fans who asked for photographs and autographs.

Read more:

Typical of The Mail to attempt to contrast one hugely successful lying cheat with another hugely successful lying cheat.

• Like 1

Read more:

Typical of The Mail to attempt to contrast one hugely successful lying cheat with another hugely successful lying cheat.

If Maradona had been in Thailand during the war on drugs, Thaksin may have had him shot. Coincidence he's working in Dubai?

It seems a little odd that the club's former-owner didn't get seats in the Directors-Box, with the compliments of the new owners, perhaps as a man-of-the-people he would not have felt comfortable with the Gulf-equivalent of the 'amart' ?

Read more:

Sometimes it makes more sense to take reports at face value than waste everybody's time specualating whether the reported event is true or not.Obviously a few can't bear the thought of the UK allowing Thaksin access - since it makes their narrative on the subject look ridiculous.

Reminds me very much of the former member who kept on endlessly querying whether the late Samak had liver cancer or not, only ceasing when the poor fellow actually expired .

Read more:

If Maradona had been in Thailand during the war on drugs, Thaksin may have had him shot. Coincidence he's working in Dubai?

Not only the contender but most probably the only entry for the

"most convoluted way of mentioning Thaksin and the war on drugs in a post about Thaksin visiting the UK for a football match" Trophy

Congratulations.......................1zgarz5.gif

It seems a little odd that the club's former-owner didn't get seats in the Directors-Box, with the compliments of the new owners, perhaps as a man-of-the-people he would not have felt comfortable with the Gulf-equivalent of the 'amart' ?

I suspect that they're more than a little miffed with him for the price they paid him for a club they've had to throw so much more money at in a possibly vain attempt to buy the Premiership.

Read more:

Sometimes it makes more sense to take reports at face value than waste everybody's time specualating whether the reported event is true or not.

The "report" was simply just Noppadon's statement, unconfirmed by any one else until it was reinforced by Oak's Facebook statement.

Sorry if you think my questioning those "sources" as reasonably credible is excessive. I don't.

It's interesting to me that the juggernaut of Thaksin's PR machine didn't hype this endlessly from the moment he arrived. That's been his M.O. for a long time and was noticeably different in this situation in that it took 4 days before it was publicized, and even then it was outside his PR machine, by the regular press. One might reasonably wonder if perhaps maintain-a-very-low-profile was one of the conditions for his being granted a visa finally after five years.

Edited by Buchholz

Not counting the ones there just for the Phad Thai and the Mexican dishwasher who leaves early on, it looks to be about 40.

Are you counting all the farang husbands, sorry there not farangs there I mean the American husbands and farang wives.